Windows 10: Caps Lock key no longer working on new wireless keyboard

Discus and support Caps Lock key no longer working on new wireless keyboard in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Having just purchased a new wireless keyboard and mouse I now find that the Caps Lock key no longer works. The Shift key works and so does the Num Lock... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by DaveD3#, Jul 6, 2019.

1. DaveD3# Win User

Caps Lock key no longer working on new wireless keyboard

Having just purchased a new wireless keyboard and mouse I now find that the Caps Lock key no longer works. The Shift key works and so does the Num Lock key. My OS is Windows 10 64 bit and is full updated.

Any suggestions how to fix this will be gratefully received.

Dave D3#

:)

DaveD3#, Jul 6, 2019

2. My Wireless Keyboard 800 no longer shows Cap Lock on the desktop

My Wireless Keyboard 800 no longer shows Cap Lock on the desktop. This is a new computer. I'm assuming it's a setting. Can you help please?

FredMallozzi, Jul 6, 2019
  3. mobile1 Win User
    No caps lock indicator with new keyboard?

I got a new keyboard. It does not have a light that shows caps lock on or off.

And a desktop indicator no longer shows caps lock as being turned on or off.

How can I make Windows indicate the caps lock setting?

Thank you for your help.

mobile1, Jul 6, 2019
  4. Caps Lock key no longer working on new wireless keyboard

No caps lock indicator with new keyboard?

Hi:

According to the manufacturer's web site, there is no caps lock indicator on this keyboard:

Wireless Multimedia Keyboard Mouse - Wireless - Keyboards - IT PRODUCTS

{FWIW, the product web page does not specifically list Win10 as a supported OS, but they may or may not be relevant or significant.}

Keyboard

• Water resistant keypad
    • Key press force: 55g + 8g
    • 104 key standard QWERTY keyboard layout
    • RF power output: 1.6mW
    • Battery type: 2x AAA
    • Operating frequency: 2.4 GHz
    • Operating distance: up to 33ft (10m)
    • RF channel: 79 (hopping)
    • LED indicator: Low battery life
    • Dimensions: 19" (L) x 7 1/4" (W) x 1 3/4" (H)
    • 18 Hotkeys: Web Back, Web Forward, Web Stop, Refresh, Search, My Favorites, Home Page, Email, Media Player (not supported in Windows 2000), Play/Pause, Previous, Next, Stop, Volume down, Mute, Volume Up, My Computer (not supported in Windows Server 2003 (32-/64-bit) & Windows 2000), Calculator (not supported in Windows 2000)
    • Power requirements (battery):
      • Operating: 3V/~5.0mA
      • Standby (~3 sec no activity): 3V/~0.01mA

So, I guess I would go back to my original recommendation: return it and buy a KB with the features you want.
    That would seem -- ultimately -- to be the most satisfying solution.

But, it's up to you, of course.Caps Lock key no longer working on new wireless keyboard :)

Cheers,
    MM

MoxieMomma, Jul 6, 2019
Thema:

Caps Lock key no longer working on new wireless keyboard

1. Caps Lock key no longer working on new wireless keyboard - Similar Threads - Caps Lock key

2. Caps lock key is not working for some specific keys german keyboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Caps lock key is not working for some specific keys german keyboard: I couldn't find anyone having the same issue anywhere on the internet, so I decided to ask this question. I have the problem that on my laptop, the caps lock key is not working for some specific keys. I have a German keyboard layout. These keys are: [^ ´ - <], brackets NOT...
  3. Caps lock key is not working for some specific keys german keyboard

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Caps lock key is not working for some specific keys german keyboard: I couldn't find anyone having the same issue anywhere on the internet, so I decided to ask this question. I have the problem that on my laptop, the caps lock key is not working for some specific keys. I have a German keyboard layout. These keys are: [^ ´ - <], brackets NOT...
  4. New keyboard caps lock problem,

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    New keyboard caps lock problem,: I have a new ergonomic wired MS keyboard, Model #1878-1923 X22-18381-02 With caps lock turned off I get caps anyway, I just returned a keyboard to Amazon, and this second one does the same thing. My computer runs Windows 10 the keyboard Is USB connected to the computer....
  5. Wireless keyboard with Caps Lock LED

Wireless keyboard with Caps Lock LED: My Windows version is 1909. Can anyone recommend a wireless keyboard, preferable with UK layout, that has a Caps Lock LED. I am fed up with passwords failing because caps lock is on/off. You would think that Windows 10 would have on-screen indication that Caps Lock is on -...
  6. Caps Lock key

Caps Lock key: My caps lock key isn't working when pressed. It's a Laptop and I've attached an external keyboard and it doesn't work on there either. Things I've tried: 1 re-writing the registry for caps lock by forcing it off and then back on. 2 re-map the key to another key still...
  7. keyboard caps lock

keyboard caps lock: hello when I type words in on my keyboard it will stay in the correct caps setting but when I change it it stays for about an extra 3-5 minutes before changing to the setting of the correct cap. this has become a problem as recently it has caused me to slow down when...
  8. Keyboard caps lock

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard caps lock: I have just bought a keyboard with larger characters on the keys and its good except for one small niggle. The warning light for caps lock is very small. I am a one fingered typist, and don't look at the screen until I have at least completed a sentence. This results in a lot...
  9. wireless 3050 keyboard caps lock light?

wireless 3050 keyboard caps lock light?: hello just purchased this key board and cant find or see an indicator light to show if im in caps or not... do i have to turn this function on? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wireless-3050-keyboard-caps-lock-light/dda0cf0f-f7b0-4ada-a496-864241011869
  10. No caps lock indicator with new keyboard?

No caps lock indicator with new keyboard?: I got a new keyboard. It does not have a light that shows caps lock on or off. And a desktop indicator no longer shows caps lock as being turned on or off. How can I make Windows indicate the caps lock setting? Thank you for your help. 61165

Users found this page by searching for:

1. caps lock key no longer working