Windows 10: Caps Lock key not working? Enable or Disable Caps Lock on Windows 10

Discus and support Caps Lock key not working? Enable or Disable Caps Lock on Windows 10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH] [ATTACH]The Caps Lock key on any computer is a really useful key when it comes to typing anything in block letters really easily. But... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Mar 8, 2019.

1. WinClub New Member

Caps Lock key not working? Enable or Disable Caps Lock on Windows 10

WinClub, Mar 8, 2019
  2. Cliff S Win User

Enable or Disable the Caps Lock Key in Windows 10

Yep me!!!!*Redface

Note: The original PNGs I found on Bing Images, but artist name wasn't given, I did alot of modifying in GIMP and iconified them myself though.

But....
    Shawn you know how I like personalizing dry things like .bat, .vbs, and .reg file, right?

1. Well I created a folder for both reg files, and placed it in my Documents folder.
    2. Then I created shortcuts to the desktop(using "Send to").
    3. I placed the shortcuts in a folder on the desktop.
    4. Then I customized the folder icon, and the reg file shortcuts(you cannot change the actual reg files icon, hence the shortcuts).
    I did this so that I could run both files as needed from the desktop toolbar.

Caps Lock key not working? Enable or Disable Caps Lock on Windows 10 [​IMG]

Caps Lock off icon.ico

Caps Lock on icon.ico

Cliff S, Mar 8, 2019
  3. Cliff S Win User
    Enable or Disable the Caps Lock Key in Windows 10

Here is the folder icon too:

Caps Switches Folder icon.ico

Cliff S, Mar 8, 2019
  4. Caps Lock key not working? Enable or Disable Caps Lock on Windows 10

Disable Caps Lock on Windows 10?

The below does not disable CAPS LOCK; instead it converts CAPS LOCK into SHIFT LOCK.

• Right-click Start
    • Choose Control Panel.
    • Under Clock, Language and Region, choose
      Change input methods.
    • On the left, choose
      Advanced Settings.
    • Near the bottom, click on
      Change language bar hot keys (this is a blue link)
    • On the Advanced Key Settings tab, select Press the Shift key
      radio button.
    • Click OK, then Save
    After this change:

• You press the CAPS LOCK key puts the keyboard in all-caps mode
    • You press the SHIFT key to turn off CAPS LOCK and exit all-caps mode.
      • Note that pressing CAPS LOCK again
        will not turn off CAPS LOCK; only by pressing either SHIFT key will CAPS LOCK turn off.
    This is similar behavior to how the SHIFT LOCK key works on typewriters.

blackeneth, Mar 8, 2019
Thema:

Caps Lock key not working? Enable or Disable Caps Lock on Windows 10

1. Caps Lock key not working? Enable or Disable Caps Lock on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Caps Lock key

2. Enable permanent caps lock

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Enable permanent caps lock: I have a PC with Windows 10, use it with remote desktop. Because i use it for only 1 software i always have need caps lock enable. Is there a way to leave enabled caps lock? Thanks...
  3. Enable permanent caps lock

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Enable permanent caps lock: I have a PC with Windows 10, use it with remote desktop. Because i use it for only 1 software i always have need caps lock enable. Is there a way to leave enabled caps lock? Thanks...
  4. caps lock key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    caps lock key: Hi, after win 11 pro update the visual mode of my caps lock and num lock keypad doesn't work, i tried everything again but it doesn't work. Please help me! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/caps-lock-key/9272a23b-a780-4442-abd3-c66017b299b6
  5. caps lock key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    caps lock key: Hi, after win 11 pro update the visual mode of my caps lock and num lock keypad doesn't work, i tried everything again but it doesn't work. Please help me! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/caps-lock-key/9272a23b-a780-4442-abd3-c66017b299b6
  6. Caps Lock key

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Caps Lock key: My caps lock key isn't working when pressed. It's a Laptop and I've attached an external keyboard and it doesn't work on there either. Things I've tried: 1 re-writing the registry for caps lock by forcing it off and then back on. 2 re-map the key to another key still...
  7. How to enable cap lock key Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to enable cap lock key Windows 10: My father used a Disable_Caps_lock.reg download. I am trying to enable the cap lock key. I followed the directions via this community. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\KeyboardLayout. There was nothing listed as Scancode Map. Under Keyboard Layout...
  8. Caps Lock Key

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Caps Lock Key: HI, my caps lock key on my laptop is acting strange. Sometimes it doesn't work at all. Sometimes it doesn't work in Word, but does on the internet, but I can't turn it off. I plugged in another keyboard into my laptop, and it still didn't work, so it's not a problem with the...
  9. Caps Lock Key: Disabling Of ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Caps Lock Key: Disabling Of ?: Hello, I seem to continually hit the Caps Lock key on the keyboard, and not noticing it. Drives me crazy. Is there any (safe) simple way to disable it, permanently ? I have Caps Lock Changer, but you have to do it for each session. Would like to do it just once,...
  10. Enable or Disable the Caps Lock Key in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable the Caps Lock Key in Windows 10: How to: Enable or Disable the Caps Lock Key in Windows 10 How to Enable or Disable the Caps Lock Key in Windows 10 [img] Information Caps Lock is a button on a keyboard that changes if a letter should be capitalized or not. This tutorial will show you how to enable...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cap lock not working in windows 10

2. CAPS LOCK DOES NOT DISABLE