Windows 10: Caps Lock, left shift Shift, Tab and F3 not working

Discus and support Caps Lock, left shift Shift, Tab and F3 not working in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I don't know when these keys stop working properly, but i suspect it's Epic Games causing the problem, as before that all keys are working. Before... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Sirius Khor, May 25, 2020.

1. Caps Lock, left shift Shift, Tab and F3 not working

I don't know when these keys stop working properly, but i suspect it's Epic Games causing the problem, as before that all keys are working.

Before that only the E key has some slight problem due to I sometimes press E too hard while playing Minecraft. But for the keys that are not working properly were still ok and i didn't press too hard, and unknowingly starts malfunctioning.

Even after i deleted the suspected software the keys still not working properly, I also tried to change keyboard layout but it didn't change anything too.

I tried taking the keys caps out but theres nearly nothing that is blocking the keys from receiving, I tried pressing without the key caps too but not even more force can fix.

Now I'm thinking of rebooting the computer, but are there other possible causes?

My laptop is a 5 year old Dell Insprion 15r and the keyboard has no malfunctions before except the E key, but a bit more force and the E is ok

:)

Sirius Khor, May 25, 2020
  2. druPW Win User

Left Shift, Caps Lock and Tab keys not working

Since update KB3149135 installed on my desktop the left shift, caps lock and tab keys no longer work.

Help would be appreciated.

druPW, May 25, 2020
  3. pressing shift turns on caps lock

typing in all lowercase because this is incredibly frustrating. whenever i press shift, the caps lock is turned on. i have windows 10, and this started happening after installing the most recent update this morning - today is 12/6/2015. yes, sticky
    keys and filter keys are disabled. when shift is pressed, the light actually comes on for the caps lock button, so i think somehow the shift function was replaced by the caps lock function. i have tried using the regedit fix to disable the caps lock button.
    this caused the caps lock button to no longer work, which was expected, although the shift key still turns caps lock on.

tatonkaman, May 25, 2020
  4. Caps Lock, left shift Shift, Tab and F3 not working

Left shift key, caps lock, and tab key not working after updating computer to windows 10.

Basically in what the subject says, those keys have just stopped working after updating to windows 10. My shift on the other side of the keyboard still works but that doesn't help much when the left side doesn't work, nor does my caps lock or tab key work.

AshleyThibodeau, May 25, 2020
Thema:

Caps Lock, left shift Shift, Tab and F3 not working

1. Caps Lock, left shift Shift, Tab and F3 not working - Similar Threads - Caps Lock left

2. Caps lock can only be toggled by shift

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Caps lock can only be toggled by shift: As the title says, the Caps lock light turns on and off, but only pressing shift actually changes whether it's on or off. Tried changing the setting in advanced key settings and it did not work. submitted by /u/MrBoo843 [link] [comments]...
  3. DISPLAY SHIFTS TO THE LEFT

in Windows 10 Customization
    DISPLAY SHIFTS TO THE LEFT: Whenever I restart the computer the display is shifted to the left, I can see it starting during the restart, the Dell logo is off center, to the left. I have to go into settings when it's back up then change the display resolution and then click revert to have where I want...
  4. caps lock activates using shift

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    caps lock activates using shift: for some reason I have to hold shift and press capslk in order to have capslk activated. I do not want that and I don't know how it was activated but I want disabled. thanks...
  5. T, Y, Left Shift, Caps Lock, and Delete keys not working well

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    T, Y, Left Shift, Caps Lock, and Delete keys not working well: Since yesterday, the K, Y, Left Shift, Caps Lock, and Delete keys have not been working on my Dell Laptop running Windows 10. Sometimes they start working again and sometimes they work after I press multiple times. At this moment, I have to press these keys between 5 and 15...
  6. CAPS LOCK only works when SHIFT / ALT / CTRL / WINDOW + CAPS LOCK.

in Windows 10 Customization
    CAPS LOCK only works when SHIFT / ALT / CTRL / WINDOW + CAPS LOCK.: Hello everyone! <3 It really bothers me that i can't toggle my caps just by toggling caps. I have to do the above to activates it. Yesterday everything was fine, but today it started doing this. BUT when i restarted my laptop, it was fine for 1 minute and BOOM BACK TO...
  7. Left shift not working

Left shift not working: So I was deleting some applications I no longer use to free up space on my laptop. I don't know if that has anything to do with it, but not long after, I discovered that my left shift key isn't doing anything. I know there's one on the right, but I never use it (I did in this...
  8. shift lock

shift lock: my caps lock and shift keys are no longer functioning, can anyone help with that https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/shift-lock/8e770671-0b2a-4390-8b23-f1f3a6c62b41
  9. Left shift, tab, numbers, 1,3,5,6,8,] not working on Asus

Left shift, tab, numbers, 1,3,5,6,8,] not working on Asus: Hello, my Left shift, tab, numbers, 1,3,5,6,8,] not working. I've tried troubleshooting and reinstalling the driver https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/left-shift-tab-numbers-13568-not-working-on-asus/2aac4955-3221-4998-9218-750c0dae9104
  10. Left shift key, caps lock, and tab key not working after updating computer to windows 10.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Left shift key, caps lock, and tab key not working after updating computer to windows 10.: Basically in what the subject says, those keys have just stopped working after updating to windows 10. My shift on the other side of the keyboard still works but that doesn't help much when the left side doesn't work, nor does my caps lock or tab key work....