Windows 10: caps lock makes numbers type symbols

Discus and support caps lock makes numbers type symbols in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; when i turn caps lock on, instead of the letters getting capitalized, the numbers get capitalized. if i have caps lock on and then type the number 2,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by GoldenSniper874, Jul 11, 2018.

1. caps lock makes numbers type symbols

when i turn caps lock on, instead of the letters getting capitalized, the numbers get capitalized. if i have caps lock on and then type the number 2, it will appear as @.

:)

GoldenSniper874, Jul 11, 2018

2. remapping caps lock

I am getting more and more frustrated by the number of times my finger catches the caps lock when typing

I would like to know how to make the caps lock in to a double click to deal with this issue I am sure it is likely to be a simple fix so please someone just explain a method i will be really grateful.

Mel

Melville (live.com, Jul 11, 2018
  3. Caps lock

Hi Mark,

The option to be notified that the Caps Lock is on the moment you start typing is not available. However, you can enable and increase the duration of the Caps Lock pop up notification the moment Caps Lock is enabled. Here's how:

• In the Cortana search, type in Control Panel and click it in the search results.
    • Set the View by option to Large icons.
    • Click Ease of Access Center.
    • Select Make it easier to focus on tasks.
    • Scroll down to the Adjust time limits and flashing visuals section, make sure to uncheck the box to
      Turn off all unnecessary animations.
    • Under the option How long should Windows Notification dialogue boxes stay open, select your preferred duration.
    • Click Apply, then OK.

If this doesn't work, then you may search the web for any 3rd party Caps Lock notifier apps or send us a feedback through our

Feedback Hub

Feel free to let us know should you need further information.

Regards

Vanessa Yar, Jul 11, 2018
  4. caps lock makes numbers type symbols

Make caps lock untoggable?

Is there anyway to make caps lock untoggable?

ZippyDSMlee, Jul 11, 2018
Thema:

caps lock makes numbers type symbols

1. caps lock makes numbers type symbols - Similar Threads - caps lock makes

2. Display of "Caps lock" while typing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Display of "Caps lock" while typing: Bonjour,Je suis sous Windows 11 et des que je j'appuis sur "Ver Maj" un pop up m'indiquant son activation/desactivation apparait ce qui est fort penible.J'ai chercher dans tout les coins des paramettres mais rien de semblable à l'option qui permettait cela sur windows 10....
  3. Display of "Caps lock" while typing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Display of "Caps lock" while typing: Bonjour,Je suis sous Windows 11 et des que je j'appuis sur "Ver Maj" un pop up m'indiquant son activation/desactivation apparait ce qui est fort penible.J'ai chercher dans tout les coins des paramettres mais rien de semblable à l'option qui permettait cela sur windows 10....
  4. typing in all caps with caps lock off

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    typing in all caps with caps lock off: This is really bizarre. The caps lock is on in one document only. This problem is not in my other Word documents. I tried pasting the information into a new doc and it stays on caps lock. I tried closing it and reopening it. I tried pasting it into a doc that is working...
  5. typing in all caps with caps lock off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    typing in all caps with caps lock off: This is really bizarre. The caps lock is on in one document only. This problem is not in my other Word documents. I tried pasting the information into a new doc and it stays on caps lock. I tried closing it and reopening it. I tried pasting it into a doc that is working...
  6. typing in all caps with caps lock off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Caps lock inverted and can't type numbers

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Caps lock inverted and can't type numbers: Went to login to my laptop and the caps lock is inverted on both the laptop keyboard and my personal keyboard and I can only type symbols and the number pad doesn't type numbers. submitted by /u/LOLDude1295 [link] [comments]...
  8. Make Caps Lock Permanent

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Make Caps Lock Permanent: Hey all! Quick question for you all - does anyone know of a way to make Caps Lock permanent through the registry? I've found plenty of reg fixes to disable the caps lock button, but I'm wanting a way to make it so that caps lock will always stay on. We have a specific piece...
  9. Caps Lock delays typing

in Windows 10 Support
    Caps Lock delays typing: I often turn CAPS LOCK on and off while typing. When I do so, I get a pop-up that lasts for 3 seconds showing a graphic of upper or lower case letters: [img] Often, when I turn CAPS LOCK on, the keyboard is disabled for the 3 seconds that the graphic is on-screen. I...
  10. Make caps lock untoggable?

in Windows 10 Support
    Make caps lock untoggable?: Is there anyway to make caps lock untoggable? 46842