caps lock makes numbers type symbols

Discus and support caps lock makes numbers type symbols in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; when i turn caps lock on, instead of the letters getting capitalized, the numbers get capitalized. if i have caps lock on and then type the number 2,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by GoldenSniper874, Jul 11, 2018.

1. GoldenSniper874 Win User

when i turn caps lock on, instead of the letters getting capitalized, the numbers get capitalized. if i have caps lock on and then type the number 2, it will appear as @.

:)

GoldenSniper874, Jul 11, 2018
  2. Melville (live.com Win User

remapping caps lock

I am getting more and more frustrated by the number of times my finger catches the caps lock when typing

I would like to know how to make the caps lock in to a double click to deal with this issue I am sure it is likely to be a simple fix so please someone just explain a method i will be really grateful.

Mel

Melville (live.com, Jul 11, 2018
  3. Vanessa Yar Win User
    Caps lock

Hi Mark,

The option to be notified that the Caps Lock is on the moment you start typing is not available. However, you can enable and increase the duration of the Caps Lock pop up notification the moment Caps Lock is enabled. Here's how:

• In the Cortana search, type in Control Panel and click it in the search results.
    • Set the View by option to Large icons.
    • Click Ease of Access Center.
    • Select Make it easier to focus on tasks.
    • Scroll down to the Adjust time limits and flashing visuals section, make sure to uncheck the box to
      Turn off all unnecessary animations.
    • Under the option How long should Windows Notification dialogue boxes stay open, select your preferred duration.
    • Click Apply, then OK.

If this doesn't work, then you may search the web for any 3rd party Caps Lock notifier apps or send us a feedback through our

Feedback Hub

Feel free to let us know should you need further information.

Regards

Vanessa Yar, Jul 11, 2018
  4. ZippyDSMlee Win User

Make caps lock untoggable?

Is there anyway to make caps lock untoggable?

ZippyDSMlee, Jul 11, 2018
Thema:

1. caps lock makes numbers type symbols - Similar Threads - caps lock makes

2. Visual caps & num lock indicator for windows 10?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Visual caps & num lock indicator for windows 10?: Dear developers for Win 10. Having searched, read & re-searched, I cannot find a FIX to enable VISIBLE status bar indications of Caps & Num locks. Yes I can turn on audible indication when selected, however, when one cannot hear pretty useless :-( I do NOT wish to...
  3. Windows On Screen Keyboard Caps Lock Problem [Solved]

Windows On Screen Keyboard Caps Lock Problem [Solved]: Hello everyone, I am using a Surface Pro for work. My password let's say is: "ABC123DEf!". To make it easier inserting it into password checks I use the caps lock function and the on display keyboard. To login into windows it works just fine. I double click the shift...
  4. Caps lock won't turn on

Caps lock won't turn on: hi , on my computer the caps lock wont turn on and it is required for the password , is there a way to fix this while the computer is locked or is there an alternative set of buttons that also controll the caps lock ? many thanks Sadie * Moved from Insider...
  5. No sound indication on cap lock.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No sound indication on cap lock.: Windows 10 version 1803 has just installed on my desktop computer. The only thing that appears to be missing is the sound when using the cap lock button. I have looked at settings,ease of access,keyboard,enable tone,which is enabled but still no tone. This also applys to the...
  6. No caps lock indicator with new keyboard?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No caps lock indicator with new keyboard?: I got a new keyboard. It does not have a light that shows caps lock on or off. And a desktop indicator no longer shows caps lock as being turned on or off. How can I make Windows indicate the caps lock setting? Thank you for your help. 61165
  7. No caps lock sound

in Windows 10 Support
    No caps lock sound: Windows 10 Dell xps13 Please read: In Settings>Ease of Access>Keyboard>Toggle Keys>"Hear a tone when you press Caps Lock, Num Lock, and Scroll Lock" it is *RolleyesON*Shock I have had Caps Lock play a sound since day one of this laptop. It did work for awhile but it...
  8. Press Shift Key to turn off Caps Lock

in Windows 10 Support
    Press Shift Key to turn off Caps Lock: In Windows 7 there was a Keyboard tab that let you use the Shift key to turn off Caps Lock, it seems to be missing in Windows 10. Anyone know how to set this? 69309
  9. Make caps lock untoggable?

in Windows 10 Support
    Make caps lock untoggable?: Is there anyway to make caps lock untoggable? 46842
  10. Enable or Disable the Caps Lock Key in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable the Caps Lock Key in Windows 10: Shawn, Why would it be necessary for anyone to want to disable the caps lock key? I appreciate knowing how to do it but can't get my mind around why someone would want to do this? Best Geoff 47206