Windows 10: Caps Lock on: need continous tone or keystroke tone

Discus and support Caps Lock on: need continous tone or keystroke tone in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I am 66. When typing documents I need to frequently change between Caps lock on and Caps Lock off, and I have trouble remembering which way it is set.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by wvbirdman, Jul 31, 2018.

1. wvbirdman Win User

Caps Lock on: need continous tone or keystroke tone

I am 66. When typing documents I need to frequently change between Caps lock on and Caps Lock off, and I have trouble remembering which way it is set. My keyboard is adapted for limited vision but has no Caps Lock light. I can only type while looking closely at the keyboard. Since I do not look at the screen while typing, I don't see which kind of text is appearing, and I often type long segments of text in the wrong Caps Lock setting and must erase and re-type it. I have tried an app with a continuous on-screen Caps Lock indicator, but that does not help because I don't look at the screen while typing. I have tried an app with differing keystroke sounds when pressing Caps Lock on or Caps lock off, but it is a single tone when the key is pressed, and a few seconds later I forget which way it is set.

What would be very helpful to me is a constant audible reminder of which way Caps Lock is set. This could be a continuous tone whenever Caps Lock is on, or separate keystroke sounds whenever a letter key is pressed while Caps Lock is on. Is anyone aware of an app or a tweak that would do this?

Thanks

:)

wvbirdman, Jul 31, 2018

2. Caps lock indicator

Hello,

You can make your Windows 10 PC easier to use with the help of Ease of Access. We suggest enabling
    Toggle Keys. You can hear a tone whenever you press Caps Lock, Num Lock, and Scroll Lock when it's enabled.

• Click the Start button.
    • Go to Settings > Ease of Access > Keyboard.
    • Go to Toggle Keys.
    • Turn On the option Hear a tone when you press Caps Lock, Num Lock, and Scroll Lock.

Caps Lock on: need continous tone or keystroke tone 8e4ff741-3d0b-4fc0-93a8-9f5e158733c4.png

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Devlin Sco, Jul 31, 2018
  3. Terrysutt Win User
    No sound indication on cap lock.

Windows 10 version 1803 has just installed on my desktop computer.
    The only thing that appears to be missing is the sound when using the cap lock button.
    I have looked at settings,ease of access,keyboard,enable tone,which is enabled but still no tone.
    This also applys to the num lock and scroll lock buttons.Is there anywhere else to look?
    I have enabled the screen flash which I suppose is better than no indication.

Terrysutt, Jul 31, 2018
  4. Caps Lock on: need continous tone or keystroke tone

Num lock tone wont turn off

recently, i was messing around in setting in windows 10 and i found the toggle where i could make a tone when i pressed a button such as the num lock. So i turned it on and tried it out. The feature where it would make a tone with the caps lock turned
    off but the num lock remained to beep when pressed. It is very annoying, pls help

ConnorQuinn, Jul 31, 2018
Thema:

Caps Lock on: need continous tone or keystroke tone

1. Caps Lock on: need continous tone or keystroke tone - Similar Threads - Caps Lock need

2. Silencing the Infuriating tones

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Silencing the Infuriating tones: How do I silence the Multi-Media two-tone up/two-tone down without silencing all Media- Since Loading Microsoft 11? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/silencing-the-infuriating-tones/12713969-2b30-4f21-9f85-22ca39f8ef46
  3. Silencing the Infuriating tones

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Silencing the Infuriating tones: How do I silence the Multi-Media two-tone up/two-tone down without silencing all Media- Since Loading Microsoft 11? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/silencing-the-infuriating-tones/12713969-2b30-4f21-9f85-22ca39f8ef46
  4. Tone Control/Adjust

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Tone Control/Adjust: W10 newbie here - Where/how can I adjust treble, bass and balance on this pc? -thx 175022
  5. Num Lock tones

in Windows 10 Customization
    Num Lock tones: I reset Microsoft and now I have a few things wrong with my computer. How do I shut off the tones when I touch the "num lock" button? I tried a few things in the settings, but it's still there. When I press it, it sounds like I'm playing Pong....
  6. tones play continuously

tones play continuously: In Windows 10 the device connect tone, then the device disconnect tone, play continuously. How can I find out what is causing them to do that? How can I get them to stop?...
  7. annoying repetitive tone

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    annoying repetitive tone: Whenever I start up my computer and hear a repeated sound which lasts several minutes https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/annoying-repetitive-tone/43a92164-d8e2-4a54-a656-ee89460e663d
  8. Pinyin Tones keyboard

Pinyin Tones keyboard: I want to be able to type Pinyin with the tones (*not* Pinyin to find Chinese characters). There is supposedly a Pinyin Tones keyboard, that, oddly enough, you can access through the Japanese keyboard. You are supposed to click on "add a keyboard", and the Pinyin Tones...
  9. LOUD and PIERCING TONE

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    LOUD and PIERCING TONE: Can anyone explain WHY my laptop has started to emit a very LOUD and PIERCING TONE with a message to referring to a VIRUS WARNING that should NOT BE IGNORED. Any help appreciated Thanks Kind regards Jim...
  10. Tones When Pressing Keys

in Windows 10 Support
    Tones When Pressing Keys: Intermittently, when I press some keys on the keyboard, I would hear a triple-tone from Windows 10. Nothing would happen, but the three tones have progressively lower pitch, immediately followed by a four-tone signal, which have progressively higher pitch. This is the same...