Windows 10: Caps Lock on: need continous tone or keystroke tone

Discus and support Caps Lock on: need continous tone or keystroke tone in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I am 66. When typing documents I need to frequently change between Caps lock on and Caps Lock off, and I have trouble remembering which way it is set.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by wvbirdman, Jul 31, 2018.

1. wvbirdman Win User

Caps Lock on: need continous tone or keystroke tone

I am 66. When typing documents I need to frequently change between Caps lock on and Caps Lock off, and I have trouble remembering which way it is set. My keyboard is adapted for limited vision but has no Caps Lock light. I can only type while looking closely at the keyboard. Since I do not look at the screen while typing, I don't see which kind of text is appearing, and I often type long segments of text in the wrong Caps Lock setting and must erase and re-type it. I have tried an app with a continuous on-screen Caps Lock indicator, but that does not help because I don't look at the screen while typing. I have tried an app with differing keystroke sounds when pressing Caps Lock on or Caps lock off, but it is a single tone when the key is pressed, and a few seconds later I forget which way it is set.

What would be very helpful to me is a constant audible reminder of which way Caps Lock is set. This could be a continuous tone whenever Caps Lock is on, or separate keystroke sounds whenever a letter key is pressed while Caps Lock is on. Is anyone aware of an app or a tweak that would do this?

Thanks

:)

wvbirdman, Jul 31, 2018
  2. Devlin Sco Win User

Caps lock indicator

Hello,

You can make your Windows 10 PC easier to use with the help of Ease of Access. We suggest enabling
    Toggle Keys. You can hear a tone whenever you press Caps Lock, Num Lock, and Scroll Lock when it's enabled.

• Click the Start button.
    • Go to Settings > Ease of Access > Keyboard.
    • Go to Toggle Keys.
    • Turn On the option Hear a tone when you press Caps Lock, Num Lock, and Scroll Lock.

Caps Lock on: need continous tone or keystroke tone 8e4ff741-3d0b-4fc0-93a8-9f5e158733c4.png

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Devlin Sco, Jul 31, 2018
  3. Terrysutt Win User
    No sound indication on cap lock.

Windows 10 version 1803 has just installed on my desktop computer.
    The only thing that appears to be missing is the sound when using the cap lock button.
    I have looked at settings,ease of access,keyboard,enable tone,which is enabled but still no tone.
    This also applys to the num lock and scroll lock buttons.Is there anywhere else to look?
    I have enabled the screen flash which I suppose is better than no indication.

Terrysutt, Jul 31, 2018
  4. ConnorQuinn Win User

Num lock tone wont turn off

recently, i was messing around in setting in windows 10 and i found the toggle where i could make a tone when i pressed a button such as the num lock. So i turned it on and tried it out. The feature where it would make a tone with the caps lock turned
    off but the num lock remained to beep when pressed. It is very annoying, pls help

ConnorQuinn, Jul 31, 2018
Thema:

1. Caps Lock on: need continous tone or keystroke tone - Similar Threads - Caps Lock need

2. I need Tone Control for Windows 10 audio

in Windows 10 Customization
    I need Tone Control for Windows 10 audio: I guess this question has been asked, but I'm going to ask it again because it's just so obviously needed. In fact many would call it a bleedin' obvious need. Windows 10 does not have tone control!! Why not? It really is such a basic, simple need. Good old tone controls....
  3. CAPS LOCK

CAPS LOCK: 9/12/18 When prompted, the indicator light goes on. But it doesn’t work. In Windows 10, how do I activate? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/caps-lock/bf94491d-c07f-468d-834f-158ceb8fc8aa
  4. Device manager constantly trying to update, flickering and tone

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Device manager constantly trying to update, flickering and tone: Hi folks , Anyone else run across this ? My Win 10 crashed after an update re-boot. Long story short , had to re-image Win 10 , after re-loading all drivers the device manager keeps looking like it is trying to update. No faults or warnings shown in the manager. The...
  5. the tone of my external speakers

the tone of my external speakers: I need to change the tone of my external speakers. they sound like your in a box. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/the-tone-of-my-external-speakers/3586e34c-2eb7-42af-bed6-3126750ece1f
  6. high pitch tone upon booting

high pitch tone upon booting: how to get rid of high pitch tone when booting into windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/high-pitch-tone-upon-booting/5d1b7a33-4e92-4ca3-ac43-ff0649ff436e
  7. high pitch tone upon booting

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    high pitch tone upon booting: high pitched tone upon booting https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/high-pitch-tone-upon-booting/f95cf352-2100-4cff-b027-be5c5592aea3
  8. No audio from speakers; Failed to play test tone.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No audio from speakers; Failed to play test tone.: I have a Dell Latitude E6520 running Windows 10 Pro x64. When I try to watch YouTube I get no audio. Spotify plays and gives no errors but doesn't have sound. When I plug in headphone sound plays but as communications headphones. When I try to play a test sound through...
  9. No caps lock sound

in Windows 10 Support
    No caps lock sound: Windows 10 Dell xps13 Please read: In Settings>Ease of Access>Keyboard>Toggle Keys>"Hear a tone when you press Caps Lock, Num Lock, and Scroll Lock" it is *RolleyesON*Shock I have had Caps Lock play a sound since day one of this laptop. It did work for awhile but it...
  10. Tones When Pressing Keys

in Windows 10 Support
    Tones When Pressing Keys: Intermittently, when I press some keys on the keyboard, I would hear a triple-tone from Windows 10. Nothing would happen, but the three tones have progressively lower pitch, immediately followed by a four-tone signal, which have progressively higher pitch. This is the same...