Caps Lock on: need continous tone or keystroke tone

Discus and support Caps Lock on: need continous tone or keystroke tone in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I am 66. When typing documents I need to frequently change between Caps lock on and Caps Lock off, and I have trouble remembering which way it is set.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by wvbirdman, Jul 31, 2018.

1. wvbirdman Win User

I am 66. When typing documents I need to frequently change between Caps lock on and Caps Lock off, and I have trouble remembering which way it is set. My keyboard is adapted for limited vision but has no Caps Lock light. I can only type while looking closely at the keyboard. Since I do not look at the screen while typing, I don't see which kind of text is appearing, and I often type long segments of text in the wrong Caps Lock setting and must erase and re-type it. I have tried an app with a continuous on-screen Caps Lock indicator, but that does not help because I don't look at the screen while typing. I have tried an app with differing keystroke sounds when pressing Caps Lock on or Caps lock off, but it is a single tone when the key is pressed, and a few seconds later I forget which way it is set.

What would be very helpful to me is a constant audible reminder of which way Caps Lock is set. This could be a continuous tone whenever Caps Lock is on, or separate keystroke sounds whenever a letter key is pressed while Caps Lock is on. Is anyone aware of an app or a tweak that would do this?

Thanks

:)

wvbirdman, Jul 31, 2018
  2. Devlin Sco Win User

Caps lock indicator

Hello,

You can make your Windows 10 PC easier to use with the help of Ease of Access. We suggest enabling
    Toggle Keys. You can hear a tone whenever you press Caps Lock, Num Lock, and Scroll Lock when it's enabled.

• Click the Start button.
    • Go to Settings > Ease of Access > Keyboard.
    • Go to Toggle Keys.
    • Turn On the option Hear a tone when you press Caps Lock, Num Lock, and Scroll Lock.

Caps Lock on: need continous tone or keystroke tone 8e4ff741-3d0b-4fc0-93a8-9f5e158733c4.png

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Devlin Sco, Jul 31, 2018
  3. Terrysutt Win User
    No sound indication on cap lock.

Windows 10 version 1803 has just installed on my desktop computer.
    The only thing that appears to be missing is the sound when using the cap lock button.
    I have looked at settings,ease of access,keyboard,enable tone,which is enabled but still no tone.
    This also applys to the num lock and scroll lock buttons.Is there anywhere else to look?
    I have enabled the screen flash which I suppose is better than no indication.

Terrysutt, Jul 31, 2018
  4. ConnorQuinn Win User

Num lock tone wont turn off

recently, i was messing around in setting in windows 10 and i found the toggle where i could make a tone when i pressed a button such as the num lock. So i turned it on and tried it out. The feature where it would make a tone with the caps lock turned
    off but the num lock remained to beep when pressed. It is very annoying, pls help

ConnorQuinn, Jul 31, 2018
Thema:

1. Caps Lock on: need continous tone or keystroke tone - Similar Threads - Caps Lock need

2. Payment options needs revision. Please

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Payment options needs revision. Please: This is what I got led to which is taking me back to the same useless topics. Pay for a past-due Microsoft subscription - https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4028156/microsoft-account-pay-for-a-past-due-microsoft-subscription?fref=services_help_payDueBalanceSub I...
  3. Microsoft Stereo 2017 Audio driver needed

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microsoft Stereo 2017 Audio driver needed: Hi there, I've got a HP Pavilion all in one desktop computer. I have a pair of Bose QC35 ii headphones that I'm trying to get work. They pair up with the computer fine, but it doesn't connect in the Sound window to the "Headphones" output. They will connect to the...
  4. Lock Screen background reset to 'Picture' even if set to 'Windows Spot

in Windows 10 Customization
    Lock Screen background reset to 'Picture' even if set to 'Windows Spot: Hello Everyone, Windows spotlight had been working on my laptop from last few months, however, after a recent upgrade, it stopped working. It is stuck on one image, never changes to another one. If I go to Settings > > Lock screen > > Background and set it to 'Windows...
  5. Several errors with 1803 I need help fixing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Several errors with 1803 I need help fixing: I have an Inspiron 5566 laptop with Windows 10 Home I have been fighting against the automatic update to 1803 for many weeks (I had been on 1709), because every time it would automatically install I would have to roll back to the previous version because I was unable to...
  6. Windows 10 File deletion needs System Administrator Permission

Windows 10 File deletion needs System Administrator Permission: I am the sole user of my computer. I cannot delete a file (or file folder) as to do so needs System Administrator Permission. I am the Administrator. How to I fix this?...
  7. computer hangs or locks up

in Windows 10 Support
    computer hangs or locks up: evry since the 1803 my computer hangs or freezes I can move mouse and right click but I can't left click or contro alt delete doesn't help I have to manual hold power button shut down. I tried turning off the hardware accerlation on both firfox and edge but didn't help can...
  8. User's account no help to me/I would be very grateful for help getting burned out needs fixed

User's account no help to me/I would be very grateful for help getting burned out needs fixed: Some how my User account has no permissions I probably did it or could have been update doesn't matter now.going to try my best to explain have aq error 0x80070425 that means credentials is disabled can not get it going without administrator rights I no longer have any guess...
  9. Locked out of Windows 10 and have forgotten my password

Locked out of Windows 10 and have forgotten my password: Hi everyone, Urgent help needed please Yesterday my system crashed and I had to turn it off and then back on again. But it has been so long since I entered my password, that I have forgotten it. Is there any way of bypassing it so that I can get to User Accounts to...
  10. LOCKED DRIVE

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    LOCKED DRIVE: Help I went to use iTunes recently and my laptop I am guessing it is my c drive how do I unlock it. I have window 10 home edition. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/locked-drive/94b485e1-83df-4907-8f20-170ed12df777