Windows 10: Caps Lock on or off

Discus and support Caps Lock on or off in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; WHAT DO I NEED TO DO TO GET MY CAPS LOCK BUTTON TO SHOW ON MY SCREEN?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JuneMcLaughlin, Nov 16, 2019.

1. Caps Lock on or off

WHAT DO I NEED TO DO TO GET MY CAPS LOCK BUTTON TO SHOW ON MY SCREEN?

:)

JuneMcLaughlin, Nov 16, 2019

2. Caps Lock Icon

Hi Graeme,

The Caps Lock On indicator may have been disabled that's why it doesn't appear on your screen when Caps Lock is on. To have it enabled, follow these steps:

• Right-click on your desktop and click Display Settings.
    • Click Advanced display settings.
    • Scroll down and click Display adapter properties.
    • Click the Screen configurations tab and check the box for
      Enable on-screen display
    • Under Indicator settings for NumLock and CapsLock, look for While the numeric lock or the caps lock is ON section and choose either
      Show the indicator for a few seconds or Always show the indicator on the screen.
    • Click Apply, then OK.

Let us know if you need further help.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Nov 16, 2019
  3. Disable Caps Lock on Windows 10?

The below does not disable CAPS LOCK; instead it converts CAPS LOCK into SHIFT LOCK.

• Right-click Start
    • Choose Control Panel.
    • Under Clock, Language and Region, choose
      Change input methods.
    • On the left, choose
      Advanced Settings.
    • Near the bottom, click on
      Change language bar hot keys (this is a blue link)
    • On the Advanced Key Settings tab, select Press the Shift key
      radio button.
    • Click OK, then Save
    After this change:

• You press the CAPS LOCK key puts the keyboard in all-caps mode
    • You press the SHIFT key to turn off CAPS LOCK and exit all-caps mode.
      • Note that pressing CAPS LOCK again
        will not turn off CAPS LOCK; only by pressing either SHIFT key will CAPS LOCK turn off.
    This is similar behavior to how the SHIFT LOCK key works on typewriters.

blackeneth, Nov 16, 2019
  4. relwood Win User

Caps Lock on or off

Disable Cap Locks

I want to disable CAP LOCK in windows can somebody give me step by step instructions

relwood, Nov 16, 2019
Thema:

Caps Lock on or off

1. Caps Lock on or off - Similar Threads - Caps Lock off

2. Turn off Caps Lock On/Off Notifications

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Turn off Caps Lock On/Off Notifications: Windows 10 just updated and now, every time I press Caps Lock, I get an annoying pop-up:How do I turn this off for real? Nothing I've found so far works....
  3. Turn off Caps Lock On/Off Notifications

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Turn off Caps Lock On/Off Notifications: Windows 10 just updated and now, every time I press Caps Lock, I get an annoying pop-up:How do I turn this off for real? Nothing I've found so far works....
  4. Turn off Caps Lock On/Off Notifications

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. typing in all caps with caps lock off

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    typing in all caps with caps lock off: This is really bizarre. The caps lock is on in one document only. This problem is not in my other Word documents. I tried pasting the information into a new doc and it stays on caps lock. I tried closing it and reopening it. I tried pasting it into a doc that is working...
  6. typing in all caps with caps lock off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    typing in all caps with caps lock off: This is really bizarre. The caps lock is on in one document only. This problem is not in my other Word documents. I tried pasting the information into a new doc and it stays on caps lock. I tried closing it and reopening it. I tried pasting it into a doc that is working...
  7. typing in all caps with caps lock off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Caps Lock on/off indicator on screen

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Caps Lock on/off indicator on screen: [ATTACH] I'm using G513 right now and there is no Num Lock/Scroll Lock indicator on this keyboard. Instead, when I use these buttons, there is a pop up on top right but not for the caps lock. There is caps lock indicator on the keyboard but I can't see it unless I look...
  9. Caps Lock Notification Turn off?

Caps Lock Notification Turn off?: Recently, both my HP Spectre and custom built PC have started receiving caps lock notifications, num lock notifications, and scroll lock notifications. I type using Caps Lock since it's much easier than shift but this new "feature" makes typing essays incredibly annoying...
  10. Notification that Caps lock is on/off

Notification that Caps lock is on/off: Can I turn on the notification on the screen that Caps Lock is on/off? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_desk/notification-that-caps-lock-is-onoff/8b231120-6677-4c3b-b3ab-28f49fa6b48e