Windows 10: Caps lock problem

Discus and support Caps lock problem in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have a very boring problem. When I write, from one program to an another, it auto-change from capital letter to lowercase letter and the reverse... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by DemonSlayer_759, Mar 18, 2020.

1. Caps lock problem

I have a very boring problem. When I write, from one program to an another, it auto-change from capital letter to lowercase letter and the reverse without I even touch a thing, caps lock or shift lock is reversed from times to times. Then it works ok, then it's reversed again. It seems it is linked to my Windows session because it still happens even if I change the computer, the keyboard, etc. It is not linked to a specific program because it happens on the web, on an office document, on an Excel or a Google sheet document, on professionnal programs I am using at work, ...

I can't get where the problem comes from. Do you have any suggestion ?

Thanks in advance ...

:)

DemonSlayer_759, Mar 18, 2020

2. Caps Lock Icon

Hi Graeme,

The Caps Lock On indicator may have been disabled that's why it doesn't appear on your screen when Caps Lock is on. To have it enabled, follow these steps:

• Right-click on your desktop and click Display Settings.
    • Click Advanced display settings.
    • Scroll down and click Display adapter properties.
    • Click the Screen configurations tab and check the box for
      Enable on-screen display
    • Under Indicator settings for NumLock and CapsLock, look for While the numeric lock or the caps lock is ON section and choose either
      Show the indicator for a few seconds or Always show the indicator on the screen.
    • Click Apply, then OK.

Let us know if you need further help.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Mar 18, 2020
  3. ttsoldier Win User
    Windows 10 Caps Lock light

Strangely enough, since updating to 9879, the caps lock light on my keyboard does not work.

I know it may seem small but it is really annoying not knowing when caps is on or not. My keyboard is backlit and the keys light up fine but the light on the capslock key does not.

I'm dualing booting with Windows 8.1 and if I switch back to 8.1, the caps lock button light works fine, so I know the light it self is not the problem.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

ttsoldier, Mar 18, 2020
  4. Caps lock problem

Disable Caps Lock on Windows 10?

The below does not disable CAPS LOCK; instead it converts CAPS LOCK into SHIFT LOCK.

• Right-click Start
    • Choose Control Panel.
    • Under Clock, Language and Region, choose
      Change input methods.
    • On the left, choose
      Advanced Settings.
    • Near the bottom, click on
      Change language bar hot keys (this is a blue link)
    • On the Advanced Key Settings tab, select Press the Shift key
      radio button.
    • Click OK, then Save
    After this change:

• You press the CAPS LOCK key puts the keyboard in all-caps mode
    • You press the SHIFT key to turn off CAPS LOCK and exit all-caps mode.
      • Note that pressing CAPS LOCK again
        will not turn off CAPS LOCK; only by pressing either SHIFT key will CAPS LOCK turn off.
    This is similar behavior to how the SHIFT LOCK key works on typewriters.

blackeneth, Mar 18, 2020
Thema:

Caps lock problem

1. Caps lock problem - Similar Threads - Caps lock problem

2. Problem With Cap Locks Key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem With Cap Locks Key: I have been currently experiencing problems with the Cap Locks key on my laptop HP 255 G7 Notebook for maybe over a month or so and I really need help with fixing it. It started when out of nowhere my Cap Locks key would just turn on or off by itself like if someone was just...
  3. Problem With Cap Locks Key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem With Cap Locks Key: I have been currently experiencing problems with the Cap Locks key on my laptop HP 255 G7 Notebook for maybe over a month or so and I really need help with fixing it. It started when out of nowhere my Cap Locks key would just turn on or off by itself like if someone was just...
  4. Problem With Cap Locks Key

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Caps Lock - keyboard problems

Caps Lock - keyboard problems: Randomly and intermittently - usually in the midst of writing a Word doc or Outlook client email, the keyboard starts acting strange. Caps and lower case function backwards entering upper case letters when I am trying to enter lower case. In addtion, keys like , and ' are...
  6. Problem in Caps Lock Key

Problem in Caps Lock Key: The Caps Lock key does not stay turned off. It turns on voluntarily and it makeS THINGS DIFFIULT TO TYPE. As yOU CAN SEE. This needs a SOLUtION. I have tried help at the MicroSOFT COMMUNITY BEFORE. Did everything the help TOLD VIA CHAT. Tried to switch to Shift key TO SWITCH...
  7. pROBLEM WITH CAPS LOCK KEY ANd mouse.

pROBLEM WITH CAPS LOCK KEY ANd mouse.: the caps lock key is nOT WORKINg properly;; it enGAGES ANd disenGAGES ON its own AS YOU CAN see. also, my cursor frequ?enTKY 'DISSAPEARS' OFF THE SCREEN and ONly way i can GET IT Back is to press esc key. then CURSOR WORKS PROPERLY FOR AWHILE. CAN you help I use a...
  8. caps lock problem

caps lock problem: when i hit the caps lock button nothing happens. caps don't work and it's not my keyboard. i tried it out with another keyboard and it still doesn't work. the light lights up to say caps will be on but they don't. can anyone help?...
  9. Problem with Caps Lock key

Problem with Caps Lock key: Hello I bought a wireless Logitech K800 Keyboard and I use Windows 10 Pro 64 bits 1) It seems the Caps lock does not work (and the Nums lock key neither ! Is the re a wa y to fix it ? 2) Contrary to the "old" keyboards, there is no visual indicator of the status of these...
  10. i have problems with caps lock.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    i have problems with caps lock.: so this started February 32, 2019. I started typing something in ALL CAPS. one of the letters was lowercase, though I had caps lock on. the backspace button also does not do anything sometimes. is this bad? not sure if this will go away for a while, but I'll just post this in...