Windows 10: "Caps Lock" randomly turns on and off, mouse pad gets stuck! HELP!

Discus and support "Caps Lock" randomly turns on and off, mouse pad gets stuck! HELP! in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi everyone, I have a HP Pavilion with Windows 10 Home on it. My first problem is the "caps lock" randomly turning on and off all the time. It all... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ChristianHartmann3, Nov 30, 2018.

1. "Caps Lock" randomly turns on and off, mouse pad gets stuck! HELP!

Hi everyone,

I have a HP Pavilion with Windows 10 Home on it.

My first problem is the "caps lock" randomly turning on and off all the time.
    It all started a few weeks ago when CAPS LOCK suddenly turned on and I wasn't able to turn it off, after restarting the Laptop everything was normal again, but after a few hours it turned on again, showing no reaction when pressing the button. Now it even got worse... now its CONSTANTLY turning on and off!! Often IT changes after every letter making IT Impossible to write... it takes forever writing A POST LIKE THIS :s ANy help???

When IT GOT WORSE, ANother problem SHOWED UP... MY MOUSEPAD STOPED WORKINg… I figured out by pressing THE ctrl Button IT ACTIVATES AGAIN... bUT IT Randomly turnS OFF AGAIN, often already after a few seconds. iTS VERY FRUSTRATING, SOMEONE whO haS EXPIRIENced the same problem. I CANt really find A LOT ON the web. I WOULD Be very glad if someone COuLD HELP ME WITH THiS!! mANY thaNKs in advance!!

PS: In THE SECONd paragraph you can SEE HOW IT TURN on ANd of (even ICH THE CAPS LOCK CORRECTOR IS ACTIVATED, OTHERWISE IT WOULD LOOK IEVEN worse)

:)

ChristianHartmann3, Nov 30, 2018

2. Caps Lock is on indicator stuck

The indicator for "Caps Lock is on" is stuck on. Caps lock is actually off, but the indicator won't go away. I'm on a Dell desktop and Windows 10. My windows password is in all caps so i press the caps lock key when I log into windows. But after logging
    in, the caps lock indicator in the middle of the display doesn't go away. As I'm typing this, that indicator is front and center on my screen. Pressing the caps lock key works properly in terms of turning caps lock on and off but it doesn't remove the indicator
    on the display when caps lock is off. Here's a screen shot of my screen right now. Notice the "Caps Lock is on" indicator. Please help!

"Caps Lock" randomly turns on and off, mouse pad gets stuck! HELP! 0d0f558a-dc40-4920-ad4a-0f501d0313d5.png

Thanks,

John

John C in Denver, Nov 30, 2018
  3. Caps lock stuck on desktop

The indicator for "Caps Lock is on" is stuck on. Caps lock is actually off, but the indicator won't go away. I'm on a HP 251-a244 desktop and Windows 10. My windows password is in all caps so i press the caps lock key when I log into windows. But
    after logging in, the caps lock indicator in the middle of the display doesn't go away. As I'm typing this, that indicator is front and center on my screen. Pressing the caps lock key works properly in terms of turning caps lock on and off but it doesn't remove
    the indicator on the display when caps lock is off. Here's a screen shot of my screen right now. Notice the "Caps Lock is on" indicator. Please help!

Thank You

Steve F.

"Caps Lock" randomly turns on and off, mouse pad gets stuck! HELP! eb8e80c4-9f80-42e4-84cb-da3a1f70b95b?upload=true.png

Steve-Forssell-SF, Nov 30, 2018
  4. "Caps Lock" randomly turns on and off, mouse pad gets stuck! HELP!

Turn off Caps Lock

Hi Madina,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are unable to turn off the Caps Lock. We will help you to resolve the issue.

I would appreciate if you could answer few questions to narrow down the issue.

• Did you try the same with different keyboard?

• Did you try it in On Screen Keyboard?
    I suggest you to uninstall and reinstall keyboard drivers and check if it helps.

Steps to uninstall and reinstall driver.

• Press “Windows key + X” and click on “Device Manager”.
    • In the list of devices, you should see the keyboard drivers.
    • Right click on the device and then select "Uninstall".
    • In the uninstall dialog, make sure you select the option to delete the driver package from the system. This causes the driver package installed earlier to be deleted.
    • In the Action menu of Device manager, select “Scan for Hardware changes”
      option. This will cause the device driver to be reinstalled. Once the driver is installed, close all windows and restart the computer.
    Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Nov 30, 2018
Thema:

"Caps Lock" randomly turns on and off, mouse pad gets stuck! HELP!

1. "Caps Lock" randomly turns on and off, mouse pad gets stuck! HELP! - Similar Threads - Caps Lock randomly

2. Turn off Caps Lock On/Off Notifications

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Turn off Caps Lock On/Off Notifications: Windows 10 just updated and now, every time I press Caps Lock, I get an annoying pop-up:How do I turn this off for real? Nothing I've found so far works....
  3. Turn off Caps Lock On/Off Notifications

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Turn off Caps Lock On/Off Notifications: Windows 10 just updated and now, every time I press Caps Lock, I get an annoying pop-up:How do I turn this off for real? Nothing I've found so far works....
  4. Turn off Caps Lock On/Off Notifications

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. HELP MY CAPS LOCK WONT TURN OFF

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HELP MY CAPS LOCK WONT TURN OFF: never mind I dont know what happened but now I have to press ctrl shift to turn it off can any of yall help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/help-my-caps-lock-wont-turn-off/ea816ddf-e02b-4ffc-ad85-5da4c5789a1f
  6. HELP MY CAPS LOCK WONT TURN OFF

HELP MY CAPS LOCK WONT TURN OFF: never mind I dont know what happened but now I have to press ctrl shift to turn it off can any of yall help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/help-my-caps-lock-wont-turn-off/ea816ddf-e02b-4ffc-ad85-5da4c5789a1f
  7. Caps Lock On/Off Display Randomly Turned On

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Caps Lock On/Off Display Randomly Turned On: Randomly the Caps Lock On/Off Display has started popping up on my screen. Nothing I have done has been able to fix it. Even going to settings-Display-advanced settings. I don’t know what else to try...
  8. Caps Lock On/Off Display Randomly Turned On

Caps Lock On/Off Display Randomly Turned On: Randomly the Caps Lock On/Off Display has started popping up on my screen. Nothing I have done has been able to fix it. Even going to settings-Display-advanced settings. I don’t know what else to try...
  9. Caps Lock On/Off Display Randomly Turned On

10. Caps Lock Notification Turn off?

Caps Lock Notification Turn off?: Recently, both my HP Spectre and custom built PC have started receiving caps lock notifications, num lock notifications, and scroll lock notifications. I type using Caps Lock since it's much easier than shift but this new "feature" makes typing essays incredibly annoying...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Issue with caps lock and mouse