Windows 10: caps lock turned into ctrl

Discus and support caps lock turned into ctrl in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I accidently changed my caps lock to ctrl and ctrl to caps lock.How can i return them to normal?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Vertox Gidikov, Mar 18, 2023.

1. caps lock turned into ctrl

I accidently changed my caps lock to ctrl and ctrl to caps lock.How can i return them to normal?

:)

Vertox Gidikov, Mar 18, 2023

2. caps lock turned into ctrl

I accidently changed my caps lock to ctrl and ctrl to caps lock.How can i return them to normal?

Vertox Gidikov, Mar 19, 2023
  3. dalchina Win User
    CAPS LOCK sound warning not working

Hi, here are some ideas: see if one works for you. Keep a list of what you try. If no success, please post back listing what you've tried. Thanks.

Tutorial (from -- the Tutorials section):
    Turn On or Off Narrator Caps Lock Warnings while Typing in Windows 10

Caps Lock Has Lost Its Beep.
    (last post)

caps lock turned into ctrl 344639d1630246472t-caps-lock-sound-warning-not-working-1.jpg

This is likely to be one of those where, as I don't know what you've already tried, I'll have spent time suggesting what you have tried.

That's why I asked for a clear list of what you have tried.

Do you see this when you toggle caps lock?

caps lock turned into ctrl 344641d1630247019t-caps-lock-sound-warning-not-working-1.png

dalchina, Mar 19, 2023
  4. caps lock turned into ctrl

Caps lock only turns on/off when I use CTRL + CAPS LOCK.

Hello!

So the main issue is this:

I start up my PC (Corsair One Pro).

So before i got my new keyboard (G513) I had to press CTRL+ Caps lock in order to achieve the same function as CAPS LOCK itself should provide..

Initially, and I guess incorrectly, I assumed it was a keyboard issue. But as I got my new keyboard I realised it was not.

I've tried uninstalling my keyboard drivers, I've tried messing with some settings in Languages/Advanced Keyboard Options and nothing. This was the popular solution to another problem i believe elsewhere on the internet.

If I turn on the on-screen keyboard, press caps lock, I can see that the key is being registered. The virtual keyboard shows the caps lock key being turned on, my LED lights up informing me that I've turned it on, but it has no effect on text. Only when
    I press CTRL + CAPS LOCK does it work.

I'm at a loss. I have no idea what could be causing this and I am not too experienced with this sort of thing.

Please help..

Thanks!

R

Rafal Potasz, Mar 19, 2023
Thema:

caps lock turned into ctrl

1. caps lock turned into ctrl - Similar Threads - caps lock turned

2. caps lock turned into ctrl

in Windows 10 Gaming
    caps lock turned into ctrl: I accidently changed my caps lock to ctrl and ctrl to caps lock.How can i return them to normal? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/caps-lock-turned-into-ctrl/5d024535-03fd-42a8-9af9-e6833566adac
  3. caps lock turned into ctrl

in Windows 10 Customization
    caps lock turned into ctrl: I accidently changed my caps lock to ctrl and ctrl to caps lock.How can i return them to normal? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/caps-lock-turned-into-ctrl/5d024535-03fd-42a8-9af9-e6833566adac
  4. Caps Lock Turns Off Laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Caps Lock Turns Off Laptop: Can someone tell me what to do I saw an old thread about this problem and I want some answers I can't find anything in the internet saying how to fix this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/caps-lock-turns-off-laptop/754560a0-b0e1-453b-b263-a1e14a50eba1
  5. Caps lock display turn off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Caps lock display turn off: Caps lock display is a nuisance. It is incredible that such a terrible feature was enabled and made difficult to turn off.Nothing that works has been found on the internet....
  6. CAPS LOCK key remapped to Ctrl key

CAPS LOCK key remapped to Ctrl key: hey there, i accidentally remapped caps to ctrl key with 3rd party software and i cant turn it back for quite some time. When i type caps it tells me i press ctrl or LShift key. Any help will be much appreciated...
  7. CAPS LOCK only works when SHIFT / ALT / CTRL / WINDOW + CAPS LOCK.

CAPS LOCK only works when SHIFT / ALT / CTRL / WINDOW + CAPS LOCK.: Hello everyone! <3 It really bothers me that i can't toggle my caps just by toggling caps. I have to do the above to activates it. Yesterday everything was fine, but today it started doing this. BUT when i restarted my laptop, it was fine for 1 minute and BOOM BACK TO...
  8. My Caps Lock button only turns on or off when I press CTRL + Caps Lock

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My Caps Lock button only turns on or off when I press CTRL + Caps Lock: So this keeps happening every one in a while and a restart solves the problem. But it keeps coming back, and I dont remember doing this on purpose ( I didn't change any settings about this ). So when I press my Caps Lock key, the light either turns off or on, but the letters...
  9. Caps Lock Notification Turn off?

Caps Lock Notification Turn off?: Recently, both my HP Spectre and custom built PC have started receiving caps lock notifications, num lock notifications, and scroll lock notifications. I type using Caps Lock since it's much easier than shift but this new "feature" makes typing essays incredibly annoying...
  10. Caps lock won't turn on

Caps lock won't turn on: hi , on my computer the caps lock wont turn on and it is required for the password , is there a way to fix this while the computer is locked or is there an alternative set of buttons that also controll the caps lock ? many thanks Sadie * Moved from Insider...