Windows 10: Caps lock won't turn on

Discus and support Caps lock won't turn on in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; hi , on my computer the caps lock wont turn on and it is required for the password , is there a way to fix this while the computer is locked or is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by SadieWalters, Jul 4, 2018.

1. Caps lock won't turn on

hi ,

on my computer the caps lock wont turn on and it is required for the password , is there a way to fix this while the computer is locked or is there an alternative set of buttons that also controll the caps lock ?

many thanks

Sadie

* Moved from Insider

:)

SadieWalters, Jul 4, 2018

2. My caps lock won t turn off

I'm typing a letter in word, it was fine then started using all caps it won t turn them the usual way

SallyGardner47, Jul 4, 2018
  3. David Haz Win User
    My caps lock won t turn off

Hi Sally,

For us to isolate the issue about being unable to turn off Caps lock, kindly respond to the questions below:

• If you press the Caps Lock button on your keyboard, does it turn off the Caps Lock?
    • You mentioned that you are using Word, may we know if the issue is within Word only or the issue persists in using another typing application (i.e. Notepad)?

We look forward to your response.

David Haz, Jul 4, 2018
  4. Caps lock won't turn on

Disable Caps Lock on Windows 10?

The below does not disable CAPS LOCK; instead it converts CAPS LOCK into SHIFT LOCK.

• Right-click Start
    • Choose Control Panel.
    • Under Clock, Language and Region, choose
      Change input methods.
    • On the left, choose
      Advanced Settings.
    • Near the bottom, click on
      Change language bar hot keys (this is a blue link)
    • On the Advanced Key Settings tab, select Press the Shift key
      radio button.
    • Click OK, then Save
    After this change:

• You press the CAPS LOCK key puts the keyboard in all-caps mode
    • You press the SHIFT key to turn off CAPS LOCK and exit all-caps mode.
      • Note that pressing CAPS LOCK again
        will not turn off CAPS LOCK; only by pressing either SHIFT key will CAPS LOCK turn off.
    This is similar behavior to how the SHIFT LOCK key works on typewriters.

blackeneth, Jul 4, 2018
Thema:

Caps lock won't turn on

1. Caps lock won't turn on - Similar Threads - Caps lock won't

2. Turn off caps lock notification

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Turn off caps lock notification: My computer spontaneously enabled the notification for turning on/off caps lock a few days ago. I can't figure out how to turn it off- I've already looked through previous posts, but they all direct me to select settings and options that don't exist for me. I have an HP Envy...
  3. caps lock turned into ctrl

in Windows 10 Gaming
    caps lock turned into ctrl: I accidently changed my caps lock to ctrl and ctrl to caps lock.How can i return them to normal? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/caps-lock-turned-into-ctrl/5d024535-03fd-42a8-9af9-e6833566adac
  4. caps lock turned into ctrl

caps lock turned into ctrl: I accidently changed my caps lock to ctrl and ctrl to caps lock.How can i return them to normal? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/caps-lock-turned-into-ctrl/5d024535-03fd-42a8-9af9-e6833566adac
  5. caps lock turned into ctrl

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. My Caps Lock key won't turn on

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My Caps Lock key won't turn on: My laptop's caps lock key won't turn on whenever I press it. It works as normal except the light doesn't work on. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-caps-lock-key-wont-turn-on/a7a13fbf-6a48-4f7c-b271-2c55d88b5327
  7. My Caps Lock key won't turn on

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Caps Lock key won't turn on: My laptop's caps lock key won't turn on whenever I press it. It works as normal except the light doesn't work on. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-caps-lock-key-wont-turn-on/a7a13fbf-6a48-4f7c-b271-2c55d88b5327
  8. My Caps Lock key won't turn on

9. Caps lock display turn off

Caps lock display turn off: Caps lock display is a nuisance. It is incredible that such a terrible feature was enabled and made difficult to turn off.Nothing that works has been found on the internet....
  10. Caps Lock Notification Turn off?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Caps Lock Notification Turn off?: Recently, both my HP Spectre and custom built PC have started receiving caps lock notifications, num lock notifications, and scroll lock notifications. I type using Caps Lock since it's much easier than shift but this new "feature" makes typing essays incredibly annoying...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. caps lock wont turn on

2. my caps lock wont turn on

3. cap lock wont turn on

4. caps lock wont turn off,
  5. caps lock light wont go off,
  6. caps lock language:en,
  7. how to turn off hot Keyss when its locked,
  8. why is my caplock key not turning on in windows 10,
  9. caps lock doesnt turn on,
  10. caps lock wont go on,
  11. shift key turning on caps,