Windows 10: CAPS LOCK

Discus and support CAPS LOCK in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; 9/12/18 When prompted, the indicator light goes on. But it doesn’t work. In Windows 10, how do I activate?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by martinseltzer, Sep 12, 2018.

1. CAPS LOCK

9/12/18

When prompted, the indicator light goes on.

But it doesn’t work.

In Windows 10, how do I activate?

:)

martinseltzer, Sep 12, 2018

2. Caps Lock Icon

Hi Graeme,

The Caps Lock On indicator may have been disabled that's why it doesn't appear on your screen when Caps Lock is on. To have it enabled, follow these steps:

• Right-click on your desktop and click Display Settings.
    • Click Advanced display settings.
    • Scroll down and click Display adapter properties.
    • Click the Screen configurations tab and check the box for
      Enable on-screen display
    • Under Indicator settings for NumLock and CapsLock, look for While the numeric lock or the caps lock is ON section and choose either
      Show the indicator for a few seconds or Always show the indicator on the screen.
    • Click Apply, then OK.

Let us know if you need further help.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Sep 12, 2018
  3. relwood Win User
    Disable Cap Locks

I want to disable CAP LOCK in windows can somebody give me step by step instructions

relwood, Sep 12, 2018
  4. CAPS LOCK

Disable Caps Lock on Windows 10?

The below does not disable CAPS LOCK; instead it converts CAPS LOCK into SHIFT LOCK.

• Right-click Start
    • Choose Control Panel.
    • Under Clock, Language and Region, choose
      Change input methods.
    • On the left, choose
      Advanced Settings.
    • Near the bottom, click on
      Change language bar hot keys (this is a blue link)
    • On the Advanced Key Settings tab, select Press the Shift key
      radio button.
    • Click OK, then Save
    After this change:

• You press the CAPS LOCK key puts the keyboard in all-caps mode
    • You press the SHIFT key to turn off CAPS LOCK and exit all-caps mode.
      • Note that pressing CAPS LOCK again
        will not turn off CAPS LOCK; only by pressing either SHIFT key will CAPS LOCK turn off.
    This is similar behavior to how the SHIFT LOCK key works on typewriters.

blackeneth, Sep 12, 2018
Thema:

CAPS LOCK

1. CAPS LOCK - Similar Threads - CAPS LOCK

2. Suddenly glitchy Caps Lock Button

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Suddenly glitchy Caps Lock Button: My Caps Lock was working perfectly normally today until about an hour ago. I run a program called TypeWell for work; while in the TypeWell window, it started rapidly turning on and off and flicking an indicator UI on my computer screen. I frequently need to use the Caps Lock...
  3. Suddenly glitchy Caps Lock Button

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Suddenly glitchy Caps Lock Button: My Caps Lock was working perfectly normally today until about an hour ago. I run a program called TypeWell for work; while in the TypeWell window, it started rapidly turning on and off and flicking an indicator UI on my computer screen. I frequently need to use the Caps Lock...
  4. Caps Lock Indicator On Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Caps Lock Indicator On Windows 11: So I have a caps lock indicator on windows 11 that just randomly started appearing and i really hate it so i want to get rid of it but i dont know how https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/caps-lock-indicator-on-windows-11/208a96eb-23b3-409f-b1ec-50bc9390cf1e
  5. Caps Lock Indicator On Windows 11

Caps Lock Indicator On Windows 11: So I have a caps lock indicator on windows 11 that just randomly started appearing and i really hate it so i want to get rid of it but i dont know how https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/caps-lock-indicator-on-windows-11/208a96eb-23b3-409f-b1ec-50bc9390cf1e
  6. how to disable caps lock notifications on windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to disable caps lock notifications on windows 11: Hello,I want to disable the annoying and absurd on screen caps lock and num lock notification.I've looked into it and I've found that there are three ways this can be triggered1. with some application from a software driver. this is not the case as i have only the pre...
  7. how to disable caps lock notifications on windows 11

how to disable caps lock notifications on windows 11: Hello,I want to disable the annoying and absurd on screen caps lock and num lock notification.I've looked into it and I've found that there are three ways this can be triggered1. with some application from a software driver. this is not the case as i have only the pre...
  8. Caps lock/num lock key visual notification not turning off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Caps lock/num lock key visual notification not turning off: This started when i was typing someting so maybe it's a key combination. I've tried pretty much everything to turn it off except go into the registry because i'm not comfortable with messing with that, I'm on a windows 11 desktop with an HP motherboard, a rtx 3060 and a intel...
  9. Caps lock/num lock key visual notification not turning off

Caps lock/num lock key visual notification not turning off: This started when i was typing someting so maybe it's a key combination. I've tried pretty much everything to turn it off except go into the registry because i'm not comfortable with messing with that, I'm on a windows 11 desktop with an HP motherboard, a rtx 3060 and a intel...
  10. Turning off the Caps Lock Indictor Notification

Turning off the Caps Lock Indictor Notification: Hi all! I was playing a game and did a small keyboard smash. All of a sudden, when ever I pressed caps lock, a notification would pop up on screen indicating whether it is on or of. I've been trying to get rid of it for an hour and half but all of the tutorials and guides...