Windows 10: caps not working

Discus and support caps not working in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; cap lock and left shift are not responding properly... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Brianandissy, Sep 23, 2020.

1. caps not working

cap lock and left shift are not responding properly

:)

Brianandissy, Sep 23, 2020
  2. SamElad Win User

Cat killed my CAP LOCK Beep sound :-(

I've done the steps listed here before joining this forum. None of these work.
    but I do have it setup now to flash the window if I press the caps.
    I may just try the restore option and roll back drivers,,,

SamElad, Sep 23, 2020
  3. RSJ25 Win User
    windows 10 .HOW DO I GET ON SCREEN CAPS NOTIFCATION?

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Press Windows Key

• Type Settings

• Click on Ease of
      access

• Select Hear a tone When you press Caps Lock, Num Lock and Scroll Lock status as
      ON
    Hi!

Ok,, so you hear a tone. Fine. But what about people who are hard of hearing?

I am, thankfully not hard of hearing, but I usually keep my speaker muted when I am working.

I think it extremely thoughtless of Microsoft to have removed the Caps Lockon screen indicator available in Windows 7.

Another example of lack of understanding that we are not all the same and do not work in exactly the same way.

Get with it Microsoft. Show some consideration.

Thank you for listening, but I am one angry user of Windows 10!

RSJ25, Sep 23, 2020
  4. caps not working

windows 10 .HOW DO I GET ON SCREEN CAPS NOTIFCATION?

Hi Tom,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Let me help you.

• Are you referring to Caps Lock Notifications?

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Press Windows Key

• Type Settings

• Click on Ease of
      access

• Select Hear a tone When you press Caps Lock, Num Lock and Scroll Lock status as
      ON
    I hope the information helps. If you need any further assistance, please feel free to contact us again. We will be happy to assist you accordingly.

Aswin_Anand, Sep 23, 2020
Thema:

caps not working

1. caps not working - Similar Threads - caps working

2. Caps lock LED light is not working, how do I fix this?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Caps lock LED light is not working, how do I fix this?: I just opened my laptop and was surprised to see that my Caps Lock LED wasn't turning on. For reference, my laptop is a Lenovo IdeaPad Slim 5i....
  3. Caps lock LED light is not working, how do I fix this?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Caps lock LED light is not working, how do I fix this?: I just opened my laptop and was surprised to see that my Caps Lock LED wasn't turning on. For reference, my laptop is a Lenovo IdeaPad Slim 5i....
  4. Caps lock LED light is not working, how do I fix this?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Keyboard problems. When I press 1 caps locks comes on, other numbers don't work. And some...

Keyboard problems. When I press 1 caps locks comes on, other numbers don't work. And some...: I have a problem with my keyboard. Can you help? When I press 1 caps locks comes on, other numbers don't work. And some numbers open other things. Please help. Thank you Laura * Original title: Hi...
  6. Keyboard problems. When I press 1 caps locks comes on, other numbers don't work. And some...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard problems. When I press 1 caps locks comes on, other numbers don't work. And some...: I have a problem with my keyboard. Can you help? When I press 1 caps locks comes on, other numbers don't work. And some numbers open other things. Please help. Thank you Laura * Original title: Hi...
  7. Caps Lock works oddly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Caps Lock works oddly: In most applications, Caps Lock simply doesn't work, but in system applications like Task Manager it does.For example, if I enable Caps Lock in Task Manager and switch to another application, Caps Lock remains enabled and properly works, but it cannot be disabled by pressing...
  8. Caps Lock works oddly

Caps Lock works oddly: In most applications, Caps Lock simply doesn't work, but in system applications like Task Manager it does.For example, if I enable Caps Lock in Task Manager and switch to another application, Caps Lock remains enabled and properly works, but it cannot be disabled by pressing...
  9. The N key doesn't work unless I hold shift for capital N or caps lock shift n for lowercase...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The N key doesn't work unless I hold shift for capital N or caps lock shift n for lowercase...: The N key doesn't work unless I hold shift n for a capital N or caps lock shift n for lowercase. All other keys work normally. Any ideas how to fix this?...
  10. The N key doesn't work unless I hold shift for capital N or caps lock shift n for lowercase...

The N key doesn't work unless I hold shift for capital N or caps lock shift n for lowercase...: The N key doesn't work unless I hold shift n for a capital N or caps lock shift n for lowercase. All other keys work normally. Any ideas how to fix this?...