Windows 10: Caption Height & Width in the registry changes automatically

Discus and support Caption Height & Width in the registry changes automatically in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; For the past few days, I am facing an issue related to CaptionHeight and CaptionWidth. Some days back my windows font and title box height change... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Piyush23, Jan 5, 2021.

1. Piyush23 Win User

Caption Height & Width in the registry changes automatically

For the past few days, I am facing an issue related to CaptionHeight and CaptionWidth. Some days back my windows font and title box height change automatically. I don't know how I never made any change in the registry. It looks like someone zoomed by windows from 100 to 150%. And after searching the possible solutions I found that there might be an issue with the registry metric. And yaa CaptionHeight and CaptionWidth values are approx 1100 when I checked it. So, I reduced it to 285. But now it keeps on changing back to some random value on its own.

How can make it default and stop it from changing automatically?

Laptop - Lenovo Ideapad 500

Windows version 20H2

Caption Height & Width in the registry changes automatically 3967b8b0-63c7-4496-b9ff-39613f74f0c4?upload=true.png

Caption Height & Width in the registry changes automatically c687737f-d7e6-4c46-8611-0e0d280e0e88?upload=true.png

:)

Piyush23, Jan 5, 2021
  2. m18xr2 Win User

explorer lag/slow with column "width" and "height", alternative?

as title suggested, some folders have width and height column to be able to see images max dimension in width and height without having to open it, but it lags and very slow, what to do?

m18xr2, Jan 5, 2021
  3. suddenly text size, Menu height, Caption height, etc. get bigger

My laptop hangs sometimes then cpu and memory works upper than 60%, then suddenly text size, Menu height, Caption height, etc. get bigger. Why?

my laptop is "Lenovo Ideapad 500-15ISK".

mohammadreza sm, Jan 5, 2021
  4. Caption Height & Width in the registry changes automatically

W10 Cursor Size / Height

Hello, I have been using Windows since W98SE, and in all previous versions one could change the width and height of the text caret. I have been able to find the "Change Cursor Thickness" setting in the Ease of Access center, but even looking through the
    registry I cannot find the setting for cursor/caret height. I have always used a low flat caret that blinks below the typed text and it is difficult to switch to the vertical bar caret that comes standard. Is there no way in W10 to change the caret height?
    Thanks for any information or help.

-Spencer

Spencer195, Jan 5, 2021
Thema:

Caption Height & Width in the registry changes automatically

1. Caption Height & Width in the registry changes automatically - Similar Threads - Caption Height Width

2. decrease height and width of task manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    decrease height and width of task manager: HiHow to decrease the width and height of the task manager. Is it possible like in windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/decrease-height-and-width-of-task-manager/3dd4ceed-456f-4807-9446-f5ddf04f4e11
  3. decrease height and width of task manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    decrease height and width of task manager: HiHow to decrease the width and height of the task manager. Is it possible like in windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/decrease-height-and-width-of-task-manager/3dd4ceed-456f-4807-9446-f5ddf04f4e11
  4. windows explorer image dimensions - change to height x width

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    windows explorer image dimensions - change to height x width: I wish to search images by height. So, is it possible to change the listing of image dimensions from width x height to height x width? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-explorer-image-dimensions-change-to-height/de2e6839-4af6-453c-a6ca-ec54d7b8766f
  5. windows explorer image dimensions - change to height x width

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows explorer image dimensions - change to height x width: I wish to search images by height. So, is it possible to change the listing of image dimensions from width x height to height x width? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-explorer-image-dimensions-change-to-height/de2e6839-4af6-453c-a6ca-ec54d7b8766f
  6. windows explorer image dimensions - change to height x width

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. How to change default Height and Width of Windows Terminal window

in Windows 10 News
    How to change default Height and Width of Windows Terminal window: [ATTACH]Those of you who use the Windows Terminal know how important and, oftentimes, how frequent its use can be. You may find yourself arranging the size of the default Windows Terminal window every time you use it. Maybe it is too small for you or the other way around....
  8. Registry for Taskbar width

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Registry for Taskbar width: Is there a way to change the taskbar (vertical) width with a registry key edit? I know 7+ taskbar tweaker can do it, so I was thinking if I can do that manually with a registry edit. I wanna make the taskbar width smaller than u can by dragging on default windows settings....
  9. How to change screen resolution-width,Height,depth

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to change screen resolution-width,Height,depth: Hi , I want to change resolution in windows 10 "ResolutionWidth": 1280, "ResolutionHeight": 1024, "ResolutionDepth": 32 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-screen-resolution-widthheightdepth/0d4798aa-d2f3-4d69-a30b-65c66a069e43
  10. Change Height or Width Size of Taskbar in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Height or Width Size of Taskbar in Windows 10: How to: Change Height or Width Size of Taskbar in Windows 10 How to Change Height or Width Size of Taskbar in Windows 10 Windows includes a special application desktop toolbar called the taskbar that shows on the bottom of a display screen by default. The taskbar allows...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 change Caption Height