Windows 10: Capture audio from another computer via line-in

Discus and support Capture audio from another computer via line-in in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Something I have toyed with for years and never got quite right. I usually have a laptop, and a full tower. I use Synergy to share keyboard, mouse and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/conlmaggot, May 29, 2020.

1. Capture audio from another computer via line-in

Something I have toyed with for years and never got quite right.

I usually have a laptop, and a full tower. I use Synergy to share keyboard, mouse and clipboard between the two.

Occasionally, it comes up that I have to swap headphones between the two devices.

In the past, I have tried linking the headphone jack on my laptop to the line in on my desktop. I can get it to work be enabling "listen to this" in the driver options for the input, but the sound quality is always garbage.

Without getting a external stereo mixer, is there a better way to achieve this?

submitted by /u/conlmaggot
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/conlmaggot, May 29, 2020

2. Video and Audio Capture

I am using Windows 10 64 with latest update. I am using Cyberlink Power Director 15 and Honestech capture and production software. Last year the software worked just fine. Now I cannot capture any video/audio. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the
    software. Immediate after I got video, but no audio. Then on retry, back to no audio or video. Is there a button in Windows that I need to select/change? I would appreciate any comments or suggestions. Everything seems installed properly. I verified
    signal input to the capture devices: convert VHS to USB signal. As I said I did get one video signal input.

DaleAllen4, May 29, 2020
  3. Video and Audio Capture

Hi there DaleAllen4, I will be your Tech Helper for today, I hope we can both resolve your problem.

Sometimes Windows updates can mess up drivers that are properly working. What I can suggest first is to visit the hardware manufacturer's website to download the latest driver for the Audio and video, look out for each.

If that doesn't work please try completely removing the Audio and Video driver from the Device Manager. Here how to do it.

Here the steps to completely remove a Device off your computer.

Step 1. Use shortcut keys Win + X on Windows 10.

Step 2. Select Device Manager.

Step 3. Expand the entry. Right-click the problematic device and select Uninstall device.

Step 4. You may need to check the option Delete the driver software for this device, and then click the Uninstall button.

Step 5. Reboot the computer.

Hope this helps, Good luck!

FerdinandNanalig, May 29, 2020
  4. Ryan Fra Win User

Capture audio from another computer via line-in

Can not record audio.

Hi,

We suggest that you run troubleshooting for Audio Recording by following these steps:

• Type troubleshooting on the search box.
    • Click View all.
    • Select Recording Audio.
    • Follow the steps to troubleshoot Recording Audio.

Let us know if you need further help.

Ryan Fra, May 29, 2020
Thema:

Capture audio from another computer via line-in

1. Capture audio from another computer via line-in - Similar Threads - Capture audio another

2. Is it OK to connect a drive that came from one computer to another computer via USB and...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Is it OK to connect a drive that came from one computer to another computer via USB and...: Does anyone know if this is safe to do:1. I take a Western Digital 1TB HDD from a Dell Latitude D630 out of its drive bay2. I put it in an external drive enclosure3. I connect the enclosure to an HP Elitebook 8440p4. I open the G:/Users/Admin folder on the HP Elitebook 8440p...
  3. Is it OK to connect a drive that came from one computer to another computer via USB and...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is it OK to connect a drive that came from one computer to another computer via USB and...: Does anyone know if this is safe to do:1. I take a Western Digital 1TB HDD from a Dell Latitude D630 out of its drive bay2. I put it in an external drive enclosure3. I connect the enclosure to an HP Elitebook 8440p4. I open the G:/Users/Admin folder on the HP Elitebook 8440p...
  4. Audio recorder is not capturing the audio

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio recorder is not capturing the audio: Greetings,My Audio recorder is not capturing the audio since the windows 11 update.Kindly help me to fix this. As i need this feature for my OBS studio.Thank You....
  5. Audio recorder is not capturing the audio

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Audio recorder is not capturing the audio: Greetings,My Audio recorder is not capturing the audio since the windows 11 update.Kindly help me to fix this. As i need this feature for my OBS studio.Thank You....
  6. Trying to open a webpage from another computer via SSH

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Trying to open a webpage from another computer via SSH: I have installed the SSH server and id like to open websites via SSH from my Mac sometimes. After using the following command I can see it in the Task Manager, but can't see the program actually opening on my desktop. Is there any idea why? Thanks. "C:\Program Files\Mozilla...
  7. Audio From Screen Record Captures

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio From Screen Record Captures: When I listen to audio through my headphones it sounds fine, but whenever I screen record anything through the windows game bar screen recorder the audio comes out crackly in the video, this happens when i record from the internal speakers as well...
  8. Yet another realtek audio problem - no sound on line in

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Yet another realtek audio problem - no sound on line in: Hi, I am trying to input/record sound from the line input on my PC (HP Elite G100 Tower). There is no sound, nothing plays on the speakers, Windows Sound meters show no activity, and I cannot record. I do have ok sound from browser and media player on the pc. I have the...
  9. Can I livestream a computer from another one without a capture card?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I livestream a computer from another one without a capture card?: Hello, I have a computer running Ubuntu 17.04 Desktop and one running Windows 10 Professional Creators Update. I was wondering if I could capture my Windows 10 computer with the Ubuntu PC without a capture card. Also, sorry if this is the wrong forum. I'm not sure where...
  10. Capture network usage from command line or powershell?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Capture network usage from command line or powershell?: I know you can see what applications are using how much data in a given period of time by going to Start -> Settings -> Network & Internet -> Data Usage, then clicking the Usage Details option to bring up a list. Does anyone know if there's a way to output this list at...