Windows 10: Capture image with DISM and /verify error 80

Discus and support Capture image with DISM and /verify error 80 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi folks using DISM command to capture a windows WIM image from my current system using DISM from latest Windows build ISO it errors out if you run... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by jimbo45, May 4, 2021.

1. jimbo45 Win User

Capture image with DISM and /verify error 80

Hi folks using DISM command to capture a windows WIM image from my current system using DISM from latest Windows build ISO it errors out if you run this command Please folks how do we get rid of those damn Smiley's when typing code !!!!!!!!! (D is current Windows disk, C is target disk for image, Dism running from booted iso - drive X) I've made d in small letters to avoid smileys but it shouuld be in caps). dism /capture-image /imagefile:C:\install.wim /capturedir:d:\ /ScratchDir:C:\Scratch /name:" Windows 10" /compress:maximum /checkintegrity /verify' it gets to 21% then errors out with code 80 (file exists ??) Leave the /verify out and it completes normally. dism /capture-image /imagefile:C:\install.wim /capturedir:d:\ /ScratchDir:C:\Scratch /name:" Windows 10" /compress:maximum /checkintegrity What gives !!!!! Cheers jimbo

:)

jimbo45, May 4, 2021

2. DISM error 80 while capture image from C drive to F drive

today i tried to capture the image using Windows 10 from C windows partition to the free space partition F drive

F is free partition to save captured images 144Gb free
    C is windows installed partition 94GB used

I tried two different commands, 1st one is got success and 2nd got failed, received error 80 : the file exists

the first command is success

Dism /Capture-Image /ImageFile:F:\install.wim /CaptureDir:C:\ /Name:Windows10 /DescriptionCapture image with DISM and /verify error 80 :professional

the second command is failed

Dism /Capture-Image /ImageFile:F:\install.wim /CaptureDir:C:\ /Name:Windows10 /DescriptionCapture image with DISM and /verify error 80 :professional /CheckIntegrity /Verify /EA

RubyCarter1, May 4, 2021
  3. DISM ERROR 80 WHILE CAPTURE IMAGE FROM C DRIVE TO F DRIVE

today i tried to capture the image using Windows 10 PE 5.0 ( created by me ) from C windows partition to the free space partition F drive

F is free partition to save captured images 144Gb free

C is windows installed partition 94GB used

I tried two different commands, 1st one is got success and 2nd got failed, received error 80 : the file exists

the first command is success

Dism /Capture-Image /ImageFile:F:\install.wim /CaptureDir:C:\ /Name:Windows10 /DescriptionCapture image with DISM and /verify error 80 :professional

the second command is failed

Dism /Capture-Image /ImageFile:F:\install.wim /CaptureDir:C:\ /Name:Windows10 /DescriptionCapture image with DISM and /verify error 80 :professional /CheckIntegrity /Verify /EA

uploaded dism.log file

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AmZoRRusRV59lExxthHO8Ea5RW3c

anyone knows how to solve above error 80

Capture image with DISM and /verify error 80 [​IMG]

RAJU.MSC.MATHEMATICS, May 4, 2021
  4. Roohi_Taj Win User

DISM ERROR 80 WHILE CAPTURE IMAGE FROM C DRIVE TO F DRIVE

Hi Raju,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Could you please answer the below question:

• Does F drive an external drive or the part of internal Drive as partition?

You can follow the below steps and let us know if you have any error message:

1. Open the command prompt and run as admin.
    2. Paste the command:
    Dism /Capture-Image /ImageFile:F:\install.wim /CaptureDir:C:\ /Name:Windows10 /DescriptionCapture image with DISM and /verify error 80 :professional /CheckIntegrity

Make sure you enter the above command without /verify or /EA attributes. As per the image I see the
    image file is listed as D drive instead of
    F drive
    in the command prompt. Recheck the command and let me know the status.

Hope it helps.

Roohi Taj S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Roohi_Taj, May 4, 2021
Thema:

1. Capture image with DISM and /verify error 80 - Similar Threads - Capture image DISM

2. DISM /capture-ffu getting error 112

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DISM /capture-ffu getting error 112: Why am I always getting error 112 in DISM when trying to run capture-ffu? I am sure the drive I am trying to capture is smaller than the drive I am trying to save the file to....
  3. DISM /capture-ffu getting error 112

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DISM /capture-ffu getting error 112: Why am I always getting error 112 in DISM when trying to run capture-ffu? I am sure the drive I am trying to capture is smaller than the drive I am trying to save the file to....
  4. DISM /capture-ffu getting error 112

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. DISM image capture missing files after copy

DISM image capture missing files after copy: We are having a strange problem taking an image from a VM to deploy on PCs. We have done it this way for a couple years without issue but this round seems to be acting odd. I boot into the VM with Windows PE, run DISM /image-capture etc, save the WIM, life is good. I can...
  6. DISM error 80 while capture image from C drive to F drive

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    DISM error 80 while capture image from C drive to F drive: today i tried to capture the image using Windows 10 from C windows partition to the free space partition F drive F is free partition to save captured images 144Gb free C is windows installed partition 94GB used I tried two different commands, 1st one is got success and...
  7. DISM ERROR 18 WHILE CAPTURE IMAGE FROM C DRIVE TO F DRIVE

DISM ERROR 18 WHILE CAPTURE IMAGE FROM C DRIVE TO F DRIVE: today i tried to capture the image using Windows 10 PE 5.0 ( created by me ) from C windows partition to the free space partition F drive F is free partition to save captured images 144Gb free C is windows installed partition 94GB used I tried two different commands,...
  8. Question about capturing a Windows 10 image using DISM

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Question about capturing a Windows 10 image using DISM: Hi, I have the following task to complete; I would like to capture an image from a machine running Windows 10 enterprise using WinPE and DISM and then using Windows Server 2012 R2, PXE boot the captured image onto 10 other machines on the network. I would not like to use...
  9. DISM capture and apply WIN10 image failure. Need guidance.

in Windows 10 Support
    DISM capture and apply WIN10 image failure. Need guidance.: I've hit quite a snag here.I booted from WINPE5.1 and ran DISM and captured a Windows 10 golden instance image and the UEFI System Partition (what I traditionally knew as system partition) saved to external hard drive. It seems that I did not image the Microsost Reserved...
  10. Using Dism to capture and apply windows 10 images to a partition

in Windows 10 Support
    Using Dism to capture and apply windows 10 images to a partition: Hi guys, so a few days ago my windows 10 crashed so I had to format and reinstall windows 7 then upgrade to windows 10, a hard work to do. So I started to search about how to capture the image of C: where the windows 10 is running and I found Dism. Now I have a lot of...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. dism capture scratch space