Windows 10: Capture network usage from command line or powershell?

Discus and support Capture network usage from command line or powershell? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I know you can see what applications are using how much data in a given period of time by going to Start -> Settings -> Network & Internet -> Data... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by BryanP, Feb 13, 2018.

1. BryanP Win User

Capture network usage from command line or powershell?

I know you can see what applications are using how much data in a given period of time by going to Start -> Settings -> Network & Internet -> Data Usage, then clicking the Usage Details option to bring up a list.

Does anyone know if there's a way to output this list at the command line or from powershell?

:)

BryanP, Feb 13, 2018

2. Problem with Regsvr32.exe - High Network Utilization

My system is using network bandwidth all day long, even when I have nothing running. In task manager, there are three versions of Microsoft (C) Registry Server (32bit) running. Two are in the Windows\SysWoW64 folder and another that does not show a folder
    in command line in task manager. One of the versions in Windows\SysWoW64 is showing network usage on a consistent basis. Why would this process be accessing the network and how can this situation be resolved. It is using up to 10GB a day and it makes me
    exceed my bandwidth usage limit.

George Russell, Feb 13, 2018
  3. Ramesh Srinivasan, Feb 13, 2018
  4. Capture network usage from command line or powershell?

You can execute Netstat -e -s command displays Ethernet statistics.

You can also execute Get-NetAdapterStatistics powershell command to gather network adapter statistics. It provides a quick overview of the sent and received packets.

FreeBooter, Feb 13, 2018
  5. You are looking for the per-app total data usage, correct?

I haven't found a way to directly get the cumulative data - it doesn't appear that MS exposes any interfaces to access the data usage info. There are tools that can parse the database and get the hourly data values - NetworkUsageView . Then you can do some post-processing on the .csv to add up all the entries for each app.

Capture network usage from command line or powershell? [​IMG]

PolarNettles, Feb 14, 2018
  6. BryanP Win User
    Thanks for the suggestions. I have someone asking me to pull the information about "what apps used all their data this month?" for a list of computers. I was hoping for a way to pull that list out without having to remote in to a given computer. Ah well. I'll keep digging but it looks like there isn't an easy way to do what I was asked to do.

BryanP, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Capture network usage from command line or powershell?

1. Capture network usage from command line or powershell? - Similar Threads - Capture network usage

2. issues when trying to reinstall windows apps from Powershell command line

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    issues when trying to reinstall windows apps from Powershell command line: Hi, I typed:PS C:\Users\Administrateur> Get-AppxPackage -AllUsers Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$$_.InstallLocation\AppXManifest.xml"}i got this:https://justpaste.it/65huii could not post the whole output on this forum since my message was more...
  3. issues when trying to reinstall windows apps from Powershell command line

in Windows 10 Gaming
    issues when trying to reinstall windows apps from Powershell command line: Hi, I typed:PS C:\Users\Administrateur> Get-AppxPackage -AllUsers Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$$_.InstallLocation\AppXManifest.xml"}i got this:https://justpaste.it/65huii could not post the whole output on this forum since my message was more...
  4. issues when trying to reinstall windows apps from Powershell command line

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How to turn off a SPECIFIC MONITOR from the command line or powershell?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to turn off a SPECIFIC MONITOR from the command line or powershell?: How to turn off a SPECIFIC MONITOR from the command line or powershell? The following turns off ALL MONITORS... NOT what I need.powershell.exe -Command "Add-Type '[DllImport\"user32.dll\"]public static extern int SendMessageint hWnd,int hMsg,int wParam,int lParam;' -Name a...
  6. How to turn off a SPECIFIC MONITOR from the command line or powershell?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to turn off a SPECIFIC MONITOR from the command line or powershell?: How to turn off a SPECIFIC MONITOR from the command line or powershell? The following turns off ALL MONITORS... NOT what I need.powershell.exe -Command "Add-Type '[DllImport\"user32.dll\"]public static extern int SendMessageint hWnd,int hMsg,int wParam,int lParam;' -Name a...
  7. Command line commands

in Windows 10 Customization
    Command line commands: I would like to create a shortcut on the desktop using a command in a .bat file. I would like to specify what icon file to use, what program to execute, and the parameters to pass to the program. I have researched MKLINK but I don't think it will do the job. Any...
  8. Powershell: capture network downloaded bytes hourly?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Powershell: capture network downloaded bytes hourly?: I know about Get-NetAdapterStatistics which gives a running total of this, but I need an hourly figure; so is it possible to reset the counter values to zero? I have seen the cmdlet Restart-Adapter but do not want to risk upsetting my connection. 127949
  9. "Reset Hub" - any command line or powershell equivalent?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    "Reset Hub" - any command line or powershell equivalent?: Hi experts, I have a USB device that will malfunction from time to time and I've found by pressing the 'Reset Hub' button to disable/enable the Root Hub to which this device is connected, things will go back to normal once again. [img] The thing is, I'd like to see...
  10. PowerShell PackageManagement (OneGet) - Install Apps from Command Line

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    PowerShell PackageManagement (OneGet) - Install Apps from Command Line: How to: PowerShell PackageManagement (OneGet) - Install Apps from Command Line [img] Note If you are not familiar with package managers I recommend you read first the short Chocolatey package manager tutorial at our sister site Windows Eight Forums as an introduction to...