Windows 10: Capture One can't reach Affinity Photo bought with Microsoft store

Discus and support Capture One can't reach Affinity Photo bought with Microsoft store in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; Hi, So I switched to Capture One and eventually also to Affinity Photo from using Adobe Lightroom and Photoshop in the past. It's worked great up... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by Kaffia, Mar 1, 2020.

1. Kaffia Win User

Capture One can't reach Affinity Photo bought with Microsoft store

Hi,

So I switched to Capture One and eventually also to Affinity Photo from using Adobe Lightroom and Photoshop in the past. It's worked great up until today. I can't edit photos from Capture One in Affinity photo anymore. When right clicking and selecting "edit with" I just get the Browse file window. I bought Affinity Photo from Windows store so the program is inside the hidden WindowsApps folder. I have changed permissions to that folder but when ever I try to select the program file photo.exe in the "edit with" dialogue it just creates a new .tif file. It doesn't matter if I already have Affinity Photo open, and if I open the generated .tif file with AF it's not linked to the file in Capture One meaning that the edits I do in AF doesn't come through in Capture One.

In the past I could browse installed programs in the "edit with" dialogue but now I just have the file select dialogue.

I haven't had this issue in the past. I haven't installed any new versions of any of the apps. Any clues?

Thanks!

:)

Kaffia, Mar 1, 2020

2. Affinity Photo Reinstall

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Follow the below mentioned steps to install Affinity Photo:

1. Open the Windows Store app from the Start menu.

2. Sign in with the Microsoft account through which you made the purchase.

3. Search for Affinity Photo in the search bar.

4. Select the Affinity photo application from the search result.

5. Click on Install button to install the application.

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking "Yes or No".

Harish

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Harish_kum, Mar 1, 2020
  3. Affinity photo refund issue

Purchased Affinity Photo off the MS store, and on 4 different computers it crashed with the blue screen of death. There appears to be a known issue with this and several MS related apps, and none of the suggested fixes have resolved the issue, so now
    I am stuck with a package purchased that I simply cannot use. How exactly do I go about getting a refund on this?

spottedhaggis2k, Mar 1, 2020
  4. Capture One can't reach Affinity Photo bought with Microsoft store

Affinity Apps - Price Change

I purchased all three Affinity apps from the MS Store (Publisher, Photo and Designer) on 11/19 and less than a week later, all three were discounted by 30%. With a $150 total purchase price, that's $45 difference. Doesn't seem fair; Affinity would have provided
    a refund if I'd have bought them on their store - they referred me to the Microsoft Store to see if anything can be done. How about it, Microsoft?

MS

MSchweitzer1, Mar 1, 2020
Thema:

Capture One can't reach Affinity Photo bought with Microsoft store

1. Capture One can't reach Affinity Photo bought with Microsoft store - Similar Threads - Capture can't reach

2. vbucks bought on microsoft store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    vbucks bought on microsoft store: im on pc and want to buy vbucks but i have money on my microsoft balance i bought the vbucks with it and its sending me an email with the information but there is no code and it isnt automatically going onto my fortnite account...
  3. Microsoft Store, Photo Viewer, Whiteboard can't open

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Store, Photo Viewer, Whiteboard can't open: How to repair/reinstall Microsoft Store, Photo Viewer, Whiteboard? that apps can't open https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-store-photo-viewer-whiteboard-cant-open/3fe59b3a-6c31-4a56-a561-aaad0f334217
  4. Purchase of Affinity Photo for my son

Purchase of Affinity Photo for my son: My son Roberto would like to purchase, the Affinity Photo for his PC. Now I got an e-Mail which says I have to affirm this purchase. That's what I am willing to to. Unfortunately, when I have to complete my credit Card Details and also the address, Germany is set as default...
  5. Cancellation on purchase of affinity photos by mistake

Cancellation on purchase of affinity photos by mistake: Hello I request to please cancel the order and refund amount of $79.45 AUD ON PURCHASE affinity photos which was purchased by mistake, I was having dinner and my kid by mistake pressed buy button and purchased this app,...
  6. Can't Install a game i bought on Microsoft Store

Can't Install a game i bought on Microsoft Store: Hi. So yesterday I bought Sea of Thieves on the Microsoft Store and when I tried to open it, nothin. I saw a screen for a split-second, and then it disappeared again. I have followed numerous guides and articles, and I tried to reinstall it, and now the game just wont...
  7. Affinity photo refund issue

Affinity photo refund issue: Purchased Affinity Photo off the MS store, and on 4 different computers it crashed with the blue screen of death. There appears to be a known issue with this and several MS related apps, and none of the suggested fixes have resolved the issue, so now I am stuck with a...
  8. Microsoft LifeCam Cinema - overexposed photo captures

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microsoft LifeCam Cinema - overexposed photo captures: For examination purposes we need to be able to take clear photos of the students. Every time we set up using this webcam the photos are always overexposed. I want to change settings on the camera, but as it's a 'plug and play' device there are no supporting drivers to...
  9. Affinity Photo Reinstall

Affinity Photo Reinstall: My computer crashed. I had the hard drive replaced. Now, I need to know how I can get the affinity photo program reinstalled on my laptop with windows 10. I originally purchased the program about 8 months ago online and have no idea how to get a re-installation. Any...
  10. Microsoft Store App (Lynda.com) can't reach the internet.

Microsoft Store App (Lynda.com) can't reach the internet.: Hello, I installed Lynda.com app from the Microsoft Store in Windows 10 and It worked perfectly well for about a week but it now shows that it has no internet connection although all other network related apps are doing well (chrome, edge, online games, etc...) so what...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. on viewnx-i software i cant access afffinity photo purchased through windows store