Windows 10: Capture0.png

Discus and support Capture0.png in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi, I found a PNG file named Capture0 in my "recent files" list on my lap top. It was a screen shot of an open spreadsheet in Excel and I never took... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by PGBBPT, Mar 9, 2020.

1. PGBBPT Win User

Capture0.png

Hi,

I found a PNG file named Capture0 in my "recent files" list on my lap top. It was a screen shot of an open spreadsheet in Excel and I never took the screenshot.

The file location is:

C:\Users\my username\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.WindowsFeedbackHub_[extended file name with numbers and letters]

I then searched for Capture0 within the path C:\Users\my username\AppData\Local and found several other screen shots of Excel screens going back to 2017 none of which I took.

Why are screenshots being taken, mainly of excel screens, without my knowledge and how are the used? Who has had access to them?

Thanks

:)

PGBBPT, Mar 9, 2020
  2. stanhemi Win User

Show Off Your WCG Badges

Update more gold *Big Grin Capture0.png :D

Capture0.png Capture0.jpg

stanhemi, Mar 9, 2020
  3. lx07 Win User
    Random US keyboard input appears

You can have multiple keyboards for same language. Highlight your language, click options then check the keyboards...

Capture0.png [​IMG]

Capture0.png [​IMG]

lx07, Mar 9, 2020
  4. J Onah Win User

Capture0.png

Is This Malware? (Unauthorized Screen Shot Saved to Feedback Hub Folder)

Hello,

This morning, I noticed an unknown PNG file in my "recent files" list on my lap top (I have an HP Spectre running windows 10). The file was titled "Capture0" and it had been saved to the "AppData" folder for the Window's 10 Feedback Hub app. The exact file
    location was:

C:\Users\[my username]\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.WindowsFeedbackHub_[extended file name gibberish]

This makes me nervous for several reasons.

First, because it was a screen shot of a tab in a specific excel file, which listed all of my usernames and passwords (yes, I know this is not the brightest way to track my passwords).

Second, because I can't seem to find any evidence that I accidentally took the screen shot myself (e.g. I can find no preset quick key configuration that would automatically save a screen shot to the folder listed above).

Third, because I had neither accessed nor used the Feedback Hub app prior to seeing this file.

Finally, because I had neither used quick keys for generating and saving screen shots, nor altered any quick key presets in windows before.

That being said, I realize I may have somehow managed to accidentally do this myself. This is the only unknown file (let alone screen shot) that I have seen pop up in my laptop's "recent files" list.

Also, the screen shot did include what appears to be an overlay of some quick key commands for excel, as circled (in red) in the below image (I removed the image of the content of the excel window prior to posting here):

Capture0.png fc6d2c18-8e07-4334-93c8-6034bef8367a.png

Would anyone be able to tell me if I'm freaking out over nothing here? To your knowledge, is there some way I may have accidentally fat-fingured a quick key that would both generate a screen shot and save it to a "Feedback Hub" app folder?

J Onah, Mar 9, 2020
Thema:

Capture0.png

1. Capture0.png - Similar Threads - Capture0 png

2. Can a screen shot be titled rather than filed by "screen shot #.png"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can a screen shot be titled rather than filed by "screen shot #.png": When I take screenshots windows and prt sc I would like to at least have the date of screen shot, preferably be able to title/save as by name. When I look in the screen shot folder I see the screen shot number, which don't seem to have the latest shot at the end of the list....
  3. Can a screen shot be titled rather than filed by "screen shot #.png"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can a screen shot be titled rather than filed by "screen shot #.png": When I take screenshots windows and prt sc I would like to at least have the date of screen shot, preferably be able to title/save as by name. When I look in the screen shot folder I see the screen shot number, which don't seem to have the latest shot at the end of the list....
  4. win10 / Tuhansia PNG-tiedostoja kertynyt muistiin, voiko poistaa?

win10 / Tuhansia PNG-tiedostoja kertynyt muistiin, voiko poistaa?: win10 / Tuhansia PNG-tiedostoja kertynyt muistiin, voiko poistaa? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win10-tuhansia-png-tiedostoja-kertynyt-muistiin/2686cbea-6abd-4b91-9697-efce4a180c48
  5. win10 / Tuhansia PNG-tiedostoja kertynyt muistiin, voiko poistaa?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    win10 / Tuhansia PNG-tiedostoja kertynyt muistiin, voiko poistaa?: win10 / Tuhansia PNG-tiedostoja kertynyt muistiin, voiko poistaa? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win10-tuhansia-png-tiedostoja-kertynyt-muistiin/2686cbea-6abd-4b91-9697-efce4a180c48
  6. win10 / Tuhansia PNG-tiedostoja kertynyt muistiin, voiko poistaa?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Any image file like .png, .jpg files not opening via Photos app in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Any image file like .png, .jpg files not opening via Photos app in Windows 11: None of the image files with extensions like .png, .jpg, etc. are not opening via the Photos app in Windows 11. Whenever I open it with Photos, it just opnes a blank page screenshot attached. Formatting/Clean Install didnt work either.Actual File :-The same file opened in...
  8. Any image file like .png, .jpg files not opening via Photos app in Windows 11

Any image file like .png, .jpg files not opening via Photos app in Windows 11: None of the image files with extensions like .png, .jpg, etc. are not opening via the Photos app in Windows 11. Whenever I open it with Photos, it just opnes a blank page screenshot attached. Formatting/Clean Install didnt work either.Actual File :-The same file opened in...
  9. PNG Files look blurry in Preview Pane in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PNG Files look blurry in Preview Pane in Windows 11: Ever since I upgraded to Windows 11, I'm unable to clearly view .png files in the preview pane of File Explorer. All other image types are clearly visible in the preview pane, it's just .png files that are affected. When I open the files, they're fine. But it's really...
  10. PNG Files look blurry in Preview Pane in Windows 11

PNG Files look blurry in Preview Pane in Windows 11: Ever since I upgraded to Windows 11, I'm unable to clearly view .png files in the preview pane of File Explorer. All other image types are clearly visible in the preview pane, it's just .png files that are affected. When I open the files, they're fine. But it's really...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Capture0

2. capture0.png