Windows 10: Captured VC++ redistributables when installed under win10b1909

Discus and support Captured VC++ redistributables when installed under win10b1909 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; 1. I had a windows 7 installation with 5 versions of Corel's video studio installed - licence allows that, but only running one version at a time. 2.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Davidk, Jun 23, 2020.

1. Davidk Win User

Captured VC++ redistributables when installed under win10b1909

1. I had a windows 7 installation with 5 versions of Corel's video studio installed - licence allows that, but only running one version at a time.
    2. Video studio uses Visual C++ redistributables, several of them per version, and some are common to different versions. Windows 7 runs multiple program installations without a problem, but win10 will only allow one.
    3. Upgrading to win10 - 2 attempts using the recommended in-place migration method - yielded a good win10 installation, but when video studio was installed, the second version installed "captured" a re-distributable used by the 1st version, leaving it "broken". See 5 below for how
    4. Because VC++ redist for win7 and win10 are incompatible, they were uninstalled before the application was installed under a migrated win10 platform. On the 1st attempt the re-dist were uninstalled after migration, and on the 2nd attept they were uninstalled before the migration. The application installer determines and downloads the redist wanted to suit the (in this case, win10) OS on the PC.
    5. when VS X10 was installed as the only VS version on win10, it started Ok and selecting a share page to render a video opened correctly. This page uses VC++ redist to display. The P&F page of control panel showed 4 redist versions when only X10 was installed.
    6. When a second VS version - 2020 - was installed, it also started Ok. The share page opened correctly when selected. However, closing 2020 and starting X10, a share page selection now fails: hung up. Task manage close program is the only way to escape this.
    7. When the 2 versions of VS (x10 and 2020) are installed, P&F shows 6 redist versions. Two are clearly extra for the newer version, however the other 4 are also used by 2 versions. And the later version seems to have reserved 1 (maybe more) of them for it's own use. This should not happen.

I've been unsuccessfully asking why or how this could happen on a new win10 platform - twice. It cannot be a coincidence, and it seems like it's a setting made somewhere. So far, there haven't been any answers. This is another attempt to find out why . . . .

:)

Davidk, Jun 23, 2020
  2. JayHolder Win User

vc++ runtime redistributable problem

I have a new Windows 10 laptop, and I am trying to install a game from Origin. I get the following message - Error: The VC++ runtime redistributable package was not installed successfully. Setup cannot continue (1602). I have tried a variety of solutions,
    including downloading the vc++ package directly from Microsoft, but I am unable to even do that. I have read that I can try deleting existing vc++ files and then reinstalling, but when I go to Programs and Features I do not see any Visual C++ Redistributable
    files listed. Please let me know what to try next.

JayHolder, Jun 23, 2020
  3. arvo2 Win User
    How to fix my VC++ Redistributables

Not too sure if this is the right section of the forum to post this in but I will go ahead - feel free to remove. I have been experiencing issues with my C++ Redistributable files since a recent update of Windows 10. Different installs say that I require them including MAMP and MySQL Installer.

MAMP detects that I need the following:

Captured VC++ redistributables when installed under win10b1909 [​IMG]

However, if I go to my installed programs I can clearly see these are installed:

Captured VC++ redistributables when installed under win10b1909 [​IMG]

I tried a fresh install of windows and it has not solved the problem. I also ran a 'scannow' and it all came back fine. What could be the issue and here and how do I solve it?

I am running Windows 10 Pro 64bit.

arvo2, Jun 23, 2020
  4. Skadia42 Win User

Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable 2010 Installation Error

Hello,

I've tried all the steps and none of them worked.

• Method 1 did not work because the Fix It said it doesn't run on my operating system.
    • I was able to do Method 2 but it did not fix the issue.
    • I was also able to do Method 3 but that did not fix the issue.
    I also tried to install the VC++ Redistributable Package while doing a clean boot but that did not work.

Do you have any other suggestions?

Thanks for your help so far.

Skadia42, Jun 23, 2020
Thema:

1. Captured VC++ redistributables when installed under win10b1909 - Similar Threads - Captured VC++ redistributables

2. Microsoft VC++ 2010 Redistributable install fails due to "Waiting for another install to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft VC++ 2010 Redistributable install fails due to "Waiting for another install to...: I'm unable to install or uninstall the Microsoft VC++ 2010 Redistributable as it says it is "Waiting for another install to complete". I do not have any other installations happening, and I get the error still even after restarting my PC and installing all available windows...
  3. Microsoft VC++ 2010 Redistributable install fails due to "Waiting for another install to...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft VC++ 2010 Redistributable install fails due to "Waiting for another install to...: I'm unable to install or uninstall the Microsoft VC++ 2010 Redistributable as it says it is "Waiting for another install to complete". I do not have any other installations happening, and I get the error still even after restarting my PC and installing all available windows...
  4. Microsoft VC++ Redistributable Install/Uninstall fails due to "Waiting for another install...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft VC++ Redistributable Install/Uninstall fails due to "Waiting for another install...: I'm unable to install or uninstall any Microsoft VC++ Redistributable due to it "Waiting for another install to complete". There is no other installation going on, and this continues to happen even after I updated Windows 11 and restarted my PC multiple times. It won't even...
  5. Programs Saying It Needs VC Redistributables When I Have Already Installed VC Redistributables

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Programs Saying It Needs VC Redistributables When I Have Already Installed VC Redistributables: So, I'm trying to run a game, and it's showing an error showing that I need to select a file path to my really annoying friend, vc_runtimeminimum_x86.msi. I can actually press cancel on the error and the game runs fine...until I load up a world, which then pops up a new error...
  6. VC++ Redistributable

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    VC++ Redistributable: Hello, I have two questions. First, can I include the VC++ Redistributables inside the installer of my application? If I sell my application, should I pay royalties for using VC++ Redistributables? Best regards....
  7. VC 2013 Redistributable Fails to Install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    VC 2013 Redistributable Fails to Install: Every time I try to install it I just get an error message with this error code: 0x80070002 The system cannot find the file specified. Here is the log file it produces: [1720:1878][2020-06-29T21:32:04]i001: Burn v3.7.2829.0, Windows v6.3 Build 9600: Service Pack 0, path:...
  8. Unresponsive keyboard after VC++ 2015 Redistributable installation

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unresponsive keyboard after VC++ 2015 Redistributable installation: Hi everyone. For many times, I noticed that when I install Microsoft VC++ Redistributable 2015 or 2013 or 2008 x64 or x32... my keyboard starts to get unresponsive : i.e sometimes it misses a key and I have to type again. Sometimes all keys stop working one or two seconds...
  9. How to fix my VC++ Redistributables

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to fix my VC++ Redistributables: Not too sure if this is the right section of the forum to post this in but I will go ahead - feel free to remove. I have been experiencing issues with my C++ Redistributable files since a recent update of Windows 10. Different installs say that I require them including MAMP...
  10. How to fix my VC++ Redistributables

in Windows 10 Support
    How to fix my VC++ Redistributables: Not too sure if this is the right section of the forum to post this in but I will go ahead - feel free to remove. I have been experiencing issues with my C++ Redistributable files since a recent update of Windows 10. Different installs say that I require them including MAMP...