Windows 10: Card reader deleted universal bus controller

Discus and support Card reader deleted universal bus controller in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi there. My SD card reader in my ASUS Zenbook ux302 was not registering the sd card. In the process of trying to fix it, I have deleted the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by malfeno, May 20, 2019.

1. malfeno Win User

Card reader deleted universal bus controller

Hi there.

My SD card reader in my ASUS Zenbook ux302 was not registering the sd card. In the process of trying to fix it, I have deleted the universal serial bus controller for the SD Card reader. I think it said ALCOR was the type of reader.

Can you help me reinstall this and fix my sd card reader problem?

Thank you.

Matt N

:)

malfeno, May 20, 2019

2. USB Card Reader Not Working

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Check if you can find the USB card reader in Disk Management.

You may refer to the following methods and check if it helps.

Method: 1
    I suggest you to run the Hardware troubleshooter to check if basic hardware settings are set correctly.

a) Press Windows key on your keyboard.

b) In search Window type Troubleshooting and click Troubleshooting under Settings.

c) Now type Hardware Troubleshooter in the search option.

d) Click on Hardware troubleshooter to run the troubleshooter.

Method: 2

Try to uninstall and re-install Universal Serial Bus controllers.

a.. Press Windows Logo Key+X. Click On Device Manager.

b. Expand Universal Serial Bus controllers one by one.

Note: You might have to scroll down the list to find this item.

c. Right click the first USB controller underUniversal Serial Bus controllers, and then click Uninstall to remove it.

d. Repeat step c for each USB controller that is listed under Universal Serial Bus controllers.

Note: Restart the computer. After the computer starts, Windows will automatically scan for hardware changes and reinstall all the USB controllers that you uninstalled.

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Raju S Das, May 20, 2019
  3. SD Card reader not working

I gather you are using a Card Reader Device ( built in or stand alone via USB cable card reader )

Have you tried another one in case yours is faulty or the slot is full of dust ?

You could try this.

To disable and re-enable the USB controllers, follow these steps:
    1. Click Start, and then click Run.

Note If you are running Windows 7, click Start, and then use the Start Search box.
    2. Type devmgmt.msc, and then click OK. Device Manager opens.
    3. Expand Universal Serial Bus controllers.

Note You might have to scroll down the list to find this item.
    4. Right-click the first USB controller under Universal Serial Bus controllers, and then click Uninstall to remove it.
    5. Repeat step 4 for each USB controller that is listed under Universal Serial Bus controllers.
    6. Restart the computer. After the computer starts, Windows will automatically scan for hardware changes and reinstall all the USB controllers that you uninstalled.
    7. Check the USB device to see whether it is working.
    If the USB port recognizes the device and if you can use the device, you are finished.

Frank N St31n, May 20, 2019
  4. Juzar_Ali Win User

SDHC card troubles with usage

Hi,

I suggest you to try updating Universal Serial Bus Controller and check if it helps.

To update the Universal Serial Bus Controller drivers from device manager follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Device Manager.

• Expand Universal Serial Bus Controller.

• Right click on the driver and select Update Drivers.
    Hope this helps. Please respond if you have any further related query.

Thank you.

Juzar_Ali, May 20, 2019
Thema:

1. Card reader deleted universal bus controller - Similar Threads - Card reader deleted

2. Universal Serial Bus controllers issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Universal Serial Bus controllers issue: Running Windows 10 Pro v. 20H2Did an update this morning. After update one of my USB mass Storage devices is not working. I have no USB storage devices connected to my computer. The device constantly tries to automatically connect itself, then disconnects. Over and over and...
  3. Universal Serial Bus controllers issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Universal Serial Bus controllers issue: Running Windows 10 Pro v. 20H2Did an update this morning. After update one of my USB mass Storage devices is not working. I have no USB storage devices connected to my computer. The device constantly tries to automatically connect itself, then disconnects. Over and over and...
  4. Universal Serial Bus controllers issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Need help installing Universal Serial Bus controllers driver

Need help installing Universal Serial Bus controllers driver: Hi. A while ago after updating to Win10 from Win8, that is all of my USB ports stopped working. I got a little suspicious that I needed to update my drivers, and so i did exactly that. One week since everything has been updated, and none of my ports are working. I checked...
  6. Serial Bus Controllers

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Serial Bus Controllers: So i had this issue for a long time now my serial bus controllers seems to have an exclamation mark on them and whenever i plug mu sub mouse in the usb port my mouse seems to light up but it wont work im also on laptop.Whenever i update it it says "we've encountrered a...
  7. Universal Serial Bus Controller - USB xHCI Compliant Host Controller has yellow warning -...

Universal Serial Bus Controller - USB xHCI Compliant Host Controller has yellow warning -...: Hi, support I have a GA-H110M-S2PH Gigabyte motherboard with a Core i3-6100 processor I built back in 2016. I installed Windows 8.1 back then and then I upgraded to Windows 10, all working correctly without a problem. Recently after a windows 10 update in August-Sept 2020,...
  8. universal serial bus

universal serial bus: the part in device manager I am not seeing universal serial bus on the list or other devices I have 2.0 usb ports and recently updated to win 10 from 7 idk why it will charge device like my phone but doesn't pop up also idk if its the ports or cables[ATTACH]...
  9. card reader

card reader: trying to download pics to cardreader, you said go to start then click on computer. how do I find computer in the list https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/card-reader/c0ff138c-1646-4957-8074-1917b4af8bd5
  10. Universal Serial Bus controller

Universal Serial Bus controller: Unable to connect USB flash drive or USB mouse, Keyboard [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/universal-serial-bus-controller/68964f0c-d0f5-4273-a3df-646b63954c1b