Windows 10: card reader issue

Discus and support card reader issue in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I try to insert a card reader in my Asus F571Y laptop but it doesn’t want to read cards. The only thing I can see is a grey drive of the card reader.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by MariahQuesada, Oct 25, 2018.

1. card reader issue

I try to insert a card reader in my Asus F571Y laptop but it doesn’t want to read cards. The only thing I can see is a grey drive of the card reader. The Windows X procedure to Control Panel doesn’t help.

:)

MariahQuesada, Oct 25, 2018

2. card reader

Hi Sam,

To isolate this concern, have you tried adding the card reader to folder as the source file in Photo app? If no, please add it by following the steps below:

• Open Photo app.
    • Go to Settings.
    • Click Add a folder under Sources.
    • Choose the card reader folder.
    • Click Add this folder to Pictures.

Once done, please check if you can now access the card reader photos.

Keep us posted.

Charianne Per, Oct 25, 2018
  3. Eric Ber Win User
    SD Card reader not working.

Hi,

There are several reasons why your SD card reader is not working. To assist you better, kindly answer the questions below:

• Have you made any changes to your computer prior to this issue?
    • What are the other troubleshooting steps have you done so for?
    • Have you tried to use another SD card reader and see if it is getting recognized or detected by your computer?

Regards.

Eric Ber, Oct 25, 2018
  4. card reader issue

Problem with card readers after mirgration to Win10

Hi Peter,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you try the following steps and see if it helps.

Method 1: Run Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter

Follow the steps below:

1. Press Windows key + X and select Control Panel.

2. Change View by from Category to Small Icons/Large Icons.

3. Click on Troubleshooting.

4. Select Hardware and Devices and follow the on-screen instructions.

Method 2: Update Card reader driver

Follow the steps below.

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Device Manager.
    • Search for your card reader driver.
    • Right-click on the Card reader driver and select
      Update Driver Software.
    • Restart your system
    Method 3: Uninstall and then re-install Card reader driver

Follow the steps below.

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Device Manager.
    • Search for your card reader driver.
    • Right-click on the Card reader driver
      and select Uninstall.
    • Restart your system.
    • Let you system scan for new hardware and install relevant driver for your card reader.
    Hope this helps. Please respond if you have further related queries.

Regards,

Jesinta Rozario, Oct 25, 2018
Thema:

card reader issue

1. card reader issue - Similar Threads - card reader issue

2. card reader

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    card reader: my laptop card reader doesn't show on the driver https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/card-reader/4999cf63-aa7c-4335-9858-89aec06a900f
  3. Card Reader

Card Reader: Since an update on Windows 10 I can not get my card reader to work. It can't find the subsystem? Very frustrating as it is a work tool that needs to be used once a week. Any help ideas? I went to the software provider and they can't fix it and told me to seek help from...
  4. USB Card Reader Issue

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    USB Card Reader Issue: no longer functioning WIN 10 plugged in to USB network port on HP All in one Stopped working 10 days ago...WIN update issue? Saw a security ERROR warning - reconnecting to Z:...SMB2 protocol Connection not restored? How to fix...troubleshooting has not worked...
  5. SD Card Reader

SD Card Reader: Hi Every SD card I plug in to my PC says it is Write Protected. I have tried everything I can find on internet to fix this but to no avail. Can anyone help please? 146468
  6. Card Reader

Card Reader: I've had windows 10 for at least a year, everything works fine. My card reader worked a few days ago, and now does not seem to recognize the card at all. No sounds come from my laptop when inserted....
  7. card reader

card reader: why does the card reader IN my computer not register as a device https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/card-reader/04a02571-00f6-41fd-9507-369eb1db0087
  8. card reader

card reader: trying to download pics to cardreader, you said go to start then click on computer. how do I find computer in the list https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/card-reader/c0ff138c-1646-4957-8074-1917b4af8bd5
  9. SDHC Card reader

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    SDHC Card reader: My Inspiron One will not read SDHC Cards since my upgrade https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-winapps-appscat_photo/sdhc-card-reader/baed2b27-52ac-46ec-8b34-043faa5a5d1d
  10. usb card reader?

usb card reader?: i copied files to my card reader ,can you tell me why some files are visible & some are not? thanks it shows they are on there . 88733