Windows 10: Card reader not detected

Discus and support Card reader not detected in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I've installed Windows 10 on an HP 2000 laptop after I ran the Windows updates after that, the ActivClient does not detect the USB card reader. I had... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JMR015, May 9, 2020.

1. JMR015 Win User

Card reader not detected

I've installed Windows 10 on an HP 2000 laptop after I ran the Windows updates after that, the ActivClient does not detect the USB card reader. I had reinstalled the ActivClient and reader software a couple of times with no success.

:)

JMR015, May 9, 2020

2. CAC Card reader not detecting the card

Hello, I've read several posts with the EXACT same question, but they're not resolved, so I'm starting my own. I'm in the military and use a CAC CARD reader to access websites. After a recent windows update, my computer no longer detects my CAC CARD. The
    card reader is fine, but the card itself isn't detecting. I REPEAT, the card reader is fine. (Also, its NOT an SD card. Its a CAC card. On an other post here, a fix was suggested for an SD card. Its not an SD card).

The card reader is detected, I've updated and reinstalled the driver multiple times. I've tried rolling it back. The card reader shows on the computer under Device Manager, it shows on other computers too, and the CAC Card works on other computers. It is
    not a problem with the card reader, or the card, it is a problem with some settings in this computer. Internet explorer, google chrome, and firefox all fail to see the CAC Card on this computer. Can you please help fix how my computer will detect the card
    itself?

The card reader i'm using is called "Stanley Global Technologies" and in Device Manager it shows as Smart Card Reader- "Alcor Micro USB Smart Card Reader".

Thanks!

AdriannaYameen, May 9, 2020
  3. Cannot detect Card Reader

Hi Micheal,

Thank you for posting your response.

I would suggest that you check the list of 2.0 Card Reader for Genesys provided in the link below and let me know if it matches the model number of your card reader.

Genesys Logic, Inc.

Hope this helps.

Vanessa Sohtun, May 9, 2020
  4. Eric Ber Win User

Card reader not detected

SD Card reader not working.

Hi,

There are several reasons why your SD card reader is not working. To assist you better, kindly answer the questions below:

• Have you made any changes to your computer prior to this issue?
    • What are the other troubleshooting steps have you done so for?
    • Have you tried to use another SD card reader and see if it is getting recognized or detected by your computer?

Regards.

Eric Ber, May 9, 2020
Thema:

Card reader not detected

1. Card reader not detected - Similar Threads - Card reader detected

2. Internal SD Card Reader is not detected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internal SD Card Reader is not detected: I have a Lenovo T450 laptop with Windows 7 installed and it has an internal SD card reader. I installed the drivers for it, which were on the Lenovo website, but it isn't being detected by Windows it doesn't show up in Device Manager and explorer. The files and utilities did...
  3. Internal SD Card Reader is not detected

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Internal SD Card Reader is not detected: I have a Lenovo T450 laptop with Windows 7 installed and it has an internal SD card reader. I installed the drivers for it, which were on the Lenovo website, but it isn't being detected by Windows it doesn't show up in Device Manager and explorer. The files and utilities did...
  4. SD Card Reader doesn't detect automatically

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SD Card Reader doesn't detect automatically: Hi,My windows 10 doesn't detect automatically the sd card. I keep the sd card inserted, then install the sd card driver and ir detects and works without problems. When I remove the sd card and insert it again it doesn't read nor is detected by disk management.So, whenever I...
  5. SD Card Reader doesn't detect automatically

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    SD Card Reader doesn't detect automatically: Hi,My windows 10 doesn't detect automatically the sd card. I keep the sd card inserted, then install the sd card driver and ir detects and works without problems. When I remove the sd card and insert it again it doesn't read nor is detected by disk management.So, whenever I...
  6. SD Card Reader doesn't detect automatically

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. SD Card Reader can't be detected

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    SD Card Reader can't be detected: I have an SD Card reader connected to my case, but my computer can't use the device. It seems to be a device that has the Device Descriptor Failure error, as I can't find another device like it in device manager. Device instance path: USB\VID_0000&PID_0002\5&166CCC16&0&10...
  8. CAC Card reader not detecting the card

CAC Card reader not detecting the card: Hello, I've read several posts with the EXACT same question, but they're not resolved, so I'm starting my own. I'm in the military and use a CAC CARD reader to access websites. After a recent windows update, my computer no longer detects my CAC CARD. The card reader is fine,...
  9. card reader

card reader: why does the card reader IN my computer not register as a device https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/card-reader/04a02571-00f6-41fd-9507-369eb1db0087
  10. card reader

card reader: trying to download pics to cardreader, you said go to start then click on computer. how do I find computer in the list https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/card-reader/c0ff138c-1646-4957-8074-1917b4af8bd5

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 does not see cac

2. cac card not reDING

3. cac reader working but not recognizing cac