Windows 10: card reader not recognised after W10 upgrade

Discus and support card reader not recognised after W10 upgrade in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi. My windows 10 version is 1903(18362 836). My Rosewill RDCR 11004 media dashboard with USB ports and card slots worked fine until I upgraded to W10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by laurencewithau, May 15, 2020.

1. card reader not recognised after W10 upgrade

Hi. My windows 10 version is 1903(18362 836). My Rosewill RDCR 11004 media dashboard with USB ports and card slots worked fine until I upgraded to W10 a few months ago.
    I'm glad I did, by the way, but since then the card reader does not work and the cards fail to register anywhere on the PC, although the blue light comes on.
    Also, the " safe to remove" button on the system tray fails to respond if I click on it. It works as normal if I take the card back out.
    If I replace the card in the camcorder or camera and use the device USB cable it all works and I can import the videos or photos.
    I've accessed the Rosewill site and found the device but I can't see anything about drivers and I can't find anything on the PC.
    I'd be grateful for any advice.
    By the way and completely separate, I've just registered on this site but then realised too late that I'd used it a few months ago to ask about upgrading. Obviously I must have used a different username and password, but the email address should be the same. This is just in case an admin sees it and is able to advise.
    Cheers

:)

laurencewithau, May 15, 2020

2. Card reader not recognised in W10

My Lexmark USN 2.0 Multi card reader is not recognised by My W10 PC. The card is a micro SD card from my car camera. I had no problems on my old XP Pro PC . Help appreciated. I#m an 82 y.o. and reasonably PC literate but this one has stumped me!

ReggieDickinson, May 15, 2020
  3. Card reader not recognised in W10

Hi Reggie,

I realize the inconvenience you are facing regarding the external card reader. I will certainly assist you.

Please answer the below questions to assist you better.

1) Did you try connecting to other USB ports or in other computers?

2) What is the status of this device in device manager? Check if there is a yellow sign or any error code.

3) Is the issue specific to the Card reader or other USB devices?

4) Are you getting any error message or error code?

Follow the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1:

Run the Hardware troubleshooter and check. Follow the steps to run the troubleshooter:

• Type Troubleshooting in the search bar and click Troubleshooting
    • Select View all in the right pane.
    • Select Hardware and devices troubleshooter.
    • Follow the onscreen instructions.
    Method 2:

Uninstall and reinstall the latest USB drivers from manufacturer's website and then try connecting the external card reader.

Follow these steps to un-install the drivers:

• On the search bar type “ Device Manager
    • On the left pane locate “Universal Serial Bus Controllers” and expand by clicking on it.
    • Right on all the USB adapters and click “Uninstall’
    • Download the latest USB adapter setup file from the manufacturer’s website and install it.
    Hope this information is helpful regarding the external card reader. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Anup Karkal, May 15, 2020
  4. card reader not recognised after W10 upgrade

Card reader not recognised in W10

Hi,

I had no sucess with the suggestions, but was able to read the card via a reader built into the PC, so I binned the old reader.

ReggieDickinson, May 15, 2020
Thema:

card reader not recognised after W10 upgrade

1. card reader not recognised after W10 upgrade - Similar Threads - card reader recognised

2. card reader

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    card reader: my laptop card reader doesn't show on the driver https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/card-reader/4999cf63-aa7c-4335-9858-89aec06a900f
  3. Card Reader

Card Reader: Since an update on Windows 10 I can not get my card reader to work. It can't find the subsystem? Very frustrating as it is a work tool that needs to be used once a week. Any help ideas? I went to the software provider and they can't fix it and told me to seek help from...
  4. Card Reader

Card Reader: I've had windows 10 for at least a year, everything works fine. My card reader worked a few days ago, and now does not seem to recognize the card at all. No sounds come from my laptop when inserted....
  5. Panasonic Internal SD Card Reader not reading card AFTER Windows 10 upgrade

Panasonic Internal SD Card Reader not reading card AFTER Windows 10 upgrade: I have a Panasonic CF-52 toughbook that ha an internal SD card reader. The card reader was working fine with Windows 7 until I upgraded to Windows 10 last month. I have all of the current Windows updates and have read all of the similar posts but have not been able to get...
  6. card reader

card reader: why does the card reader IN my computer not register as a device https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/card-reader/04a02571-00f6-41fd-9507-369eb1db0087
  7. Upgraded to Win 10 & SD Card Reader not Working

Upgraded to Win 10 & SD Card Reader not Working: Hi All, My card reader is working as far as device manager is concerned BUT it is not making ding dong or Ping Pong sound when i insert it. i have tried new drivers, un-install & Re install etc and im at my wits end Please can anyone help?...
  8. card reader

card reader: trying to download pics to cardreader, you said go to start then click on computer. how do I find computer in the list https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/card-reader/c0ff138c-1646-4957-8074-1917b4af8bd5
  9. Loss of SD card reader after Nov Win10 upgrade

Loss of SD card reader after Nov Win10 upgrade: From hours of searching, this seems to be a common problem with Win 10, tho' I've only just experienced it after the November 3 Gb "upgrade ?". I have a 5 year old Dell Studio XPS 435MT and the Dell support pages were useless. The solution might not be applicable to other...
  10. Card reader not working on Packard Bell after upgrade to windows 10

Card reader not working on Packard Bell after upgrade to windows 10: Hi all, can anyone direct me to a straightforward driver download for the card reader on my Packard Bell Easynote TE laptop? I believe it should be Broadcom (rather than Realtek) but am not sure. It simply doesn't work since upgrading to Windows 10. I've unsuccessfully tried...