Windows 10: Card reader not recognized

Discus and support Card reader not recognized in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Surface won't recognize the vivitar any card reader... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by RobertThomas42, May 17, 2020.

1. Card reader not recognized

Surface won't recognize the vivitar any card reader

:)

RobertThomas42, May 17, 2020
  2. Eric Ber Win User

SD Card reader not working.

Hi,

There are several reasons why your SD card reader is not working. To assist you better, kindly answer the questions below:

• Have you made any changes to your computer prior to this issue?
    • What are the other troubleshooting steps have you done so for?
    • Have you tried to use another SD card reader and see if it is getting recognized or detected by your computer?

Regards.

Eric Ber, May 17, 2020
  3. Rob_U Win User
    Windows Security is no longer recognizing my CAC reader (Smart Card reader)

Windows Security seems to have randomly stopped recognizing my CAC reader, this happened early September.

Typically whenever I access a website that needs my CAC (email, DTS, etc), it prompts me to select my name from a list of credentials, which I do. Then a box pops up from Windows Security asking me to select a smart card device, I click the only option
    and proceed and that's about it.

Now, though, when windows security prompts me to select a smart card device, there is no option. Instead, it simply says "connect a smart card."

I have tried with three different smart cards, all of which operate on other computers, none on mine. Safely Remove Hardware and Eject Media as well as the Device Manager both recognize the CAC reader when plugged in. I've uninstalled the device from device
    manager, reinstalled it and also updated the driver from the product's website.

To me, it seems that the computer is still recognizing the reader and the software is there - but Windows Security is somehow blocking the system from accessing/recognizing/allowing the reader.

Any suggestions?

I'm running Windows 10 and the CAC reader is ActivIdentity's USB Reader v3.0, P/N: ZFG-9820GAC

Rob_U, May 17, 2020
  4. Card reader not recognized

card reader

Hi Sam,

To isolate this concern, have you tried adding the card reader to folder as the source file in Photo app? If no, please add it by following the steps below:

• Open Photo app.
    • Go to Settings.
    • Click Add a folder under Sources.
    • Choose the card reader folder.
    • Click Add this folder to Pictures.

Once done, please check if you can now access the card reader photos.

Keep us posted.

Charianne Per, May 17, 2020
Thema:

Card reader not recognized

1. Card reader not recognized - Similar Threads - Card reader recognized

2. SD card reader doesn't recognize subsequent cards

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SD card reader doesn't recognize subsequent cards: About three weeks ago my Dell XPS 8920's SD card reader stopped recognizing subsequent cards.If I start the computer with a card inserted, I can view the card's data. The same goes for starting the computer without a card in the reader and inserting a card.But once I pull out...
  3. SD card reader doesn't recognize subsequent cards

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    SD card reader doesn't recognize subsequent cards: About three weeks ago my Dell XPS 8920's SD card reader stopped recognizing subsequent cards.If I start the computer with a card inserted, I can view the card's data. The same goes for starting the computer without a card in the reader and inserting a card.But once I pull out...
  4. SD card reader doesn't recognize subsequent cards

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Troubleshooting Failure to Read SD Card/Recognize SD Card Reader

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Troubleshooting Failure to Read SD Card/Recognize SD Card Reader: Very frustrating trying to figure out the problem. Installed 32GB Class 10 SD Card https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07J1G261N/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1 in Game Camera, formatted per instructions and set the unit outside. Just retrieved it, and tried...
  6. Windows Security is no longer recognizing my CAC reader (Smart Card reader)

Windows Security is no longer recognizing my CAC reader (Smart Card reader): Windows Security seems to have randomly stopped recognizing my CAC reader, this happened early September. Typically whenever I access a website that needs my CAC (email, DTS, etc), it prompts me to select my name from a list of credentials, which I do. Then a box pops up...
  7. Internal SD card reader not recognized

Internal SD card reader not recognized: Hello This is an old problem. I got an internal all in one reader. The USB port is working but the sd card is not recognized. When I put a SD card in it, the PC is do run and try to read it but no error message is shown. In the disk management, the E\ drive is set to SD...
  8. card reader

card reader: why does the card reader IN my computer not register as a device https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/card-reader/04a02571-00f6-41fd-9507-369eb1db0087
  9. sd card reader not recognized

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    sd card reader not recognized: sd card reader not recognized https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sd-card-reader-not-recognized/10de784a-abbe-49b2-a77d-22385c823869"
  10. card reader

card reader: trying to download pics to cardreader, you said go to start then click on computer. how do I find computer in the list https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/card-reader/c0ff138c-1646-4957-8074-1917b4af8bd5

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 smart reader not working