Windows 10: Card reader not working on Packard Bell after upgrade to windows 10

Discus and support Card reader not working on Packard Bell after upgrade to windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi all, can anyone direct me to a straightforward driver download for the card reader on my Packard Bell Easynote TE laptop? I believe it should be... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Lesleek, Jan 12, 2017.

1. Lesleek Win User

Card reader not working on Packard Bell after upgrade to windows 10

Hi all, can anyone direct me to a straightforward driver download for the card reader on my Packard Bell Easynote TE laptop? I believe it should be Broadcom (rather than Realtek) but am not sure. It simply doesn't work since upgrading to Windows 10. I've unsuccessfully tried troubleshooting and automatically 'fixing' the absence of 2 base system drivers. Thanks

:)

Lesleek, Jan 12, 2017
  2. steve424 Win User

Windows 10

After downloading windows 10 on my Packard Bell lap top, the synaptics pointing device is not working ?

steve424, Jan 12, 2017
  3. Touchpad scrolling and webcam not working since Windows 10 upgrade

Since upgrading my Packard Bell Notebook TS13HR laptop to Windows 10, the Elan touchpad's horizontal and vertical scroll functions no longer work and my video webcam no longer works.

I contacted Packard Bell, who advised me that they won't provide driver support for my device and that I must check with an independent hardware vendor to download new drivers for Windows 10.

Please help me to resolve my issues.

Stephen 101, Jan 12, 2017
  4. spunk Win User

You should only download drivers for you computer from the manufacturers support/download drivers site Support Download. Type in your exact model # choose your version of Windows 10 (ie) 32bit or 64 bit and download the driver you need.

spunk, Jan 12, 2017
  5. Lesleek Win User
    Hi, thanks for the reply. I already tried that but it doesn't give me windows 10 in the drop down list. I can only choose Windows 8 or below.

Lesleek, Jan 13, 2017
  6. TairikuOkami, Jan 13, 2017
  7. Lesleek Win User
    Hi, thanks, I've tried this, I've downloaded 3 different driver scanners which say they update and/or install existing and missing drivers. They all skip my card reader and tell me my drivers are up to date. I've searched for Broadcom card reader driver for Windows 10 and it doesn't seem to exist. It's there for Windows 7 and 8 but not 10. Can I use a different card reader driver eg: Realtek or does it have to be Broadcom?

Lesleek, Jan 13, 2017
  8. Lesleek Win User

PS I should add I am referring to the integral card drive, not an external USB card reader. I've downloaded 3 different driver scanners which say they update and/or install existing and missing drivers. They all skip my card reader drive and tell me my drivers are up to date. I've searched for Broadcom card reader driver for Windows 10 and it doesn't seem to exist. It's there for Windows 7 and 8 but not 10. Can I use a different card reader driver eg: Realtek or does it have to be Broadcom?

Lesleek, Jan 13, 2017
  9. You can use driver for 8, 10 is not that different. You can not use a driver for a different hardware/brand.

TairikuOkami, Jan 13, 2017
  10. Lesleek Win User
    Thank you I will try that.

Lesleek, Jan 13, 2017
  11. 1. What's the model # of your Packard Bell. You should add it to the System Specs in your profile (helpful now and in the future)

2. List any Problem devices
    • Make sure devices are connected and powered on
    • Click the Start Orb, type msinfo32 in the search box. Hit Enter
    • Click the + sign next to Components to expand it
    • Click Problem Devices. Anything appear?
    • If yes, click on it, Ctrl-A to select all, Ctrl-C to copy it, Ctrl-V to paste into next post
    • On the other hand, if no devices are listed, tell me so

ComputerGeek, Jan 13, 2017
  12. Lesleek Win User
    Thank you. I don't have a search box other than in File Explorer and places like the control panel. However via control panel I have troubleshooted 'hardware and devices' and it tells me "The driver for Base System Device is not installed". I am sure this relates to the integral card slot on the laptop, which is my problem drive. It gives me the option to "Apply this fix" but each time I try it fails. I have also tried to install the Broadcom Windows 8 driver (as per advice above) but it won't install it just rolls back so I assume it needs a Windows 10 driver.
    I have a Packard Bell Easynote TE11HC
    Thank you for trying to help.

Lesleek, Jan 13, 2017
  13. Card reader not working on Packard Bell after upgrade to windows 10

Hmm.. Thought the search box was there by default. Might need change in your Start Menu settings. HOWEVER, easiest for now you can also type these commands from a command prompt.

At a command prompt, type msinfo32. Follow instructions in prior post to provide Problem Device report

In addition, generate and attach a DirectX report
    • From a command prompt typde dxdiag
    • When DxDiag opens, look along the buttons at the bottom of the DxDiag window
    • ====> If you’re running 64 bit Windows, you’ll see a 64-bit DxDiag button. Click it to run the 64-bit version of dxdiag

• Notice progress in lower left window corner
    • When done, click Save Information button and save as a text file to your Desktop
    • Upload the file to your next post

ComputerGeek, Jan 13, 2017
  14. Lesleek Win User
    Yippee!!! I've solved the problem. Someone suggested I try downloading Windows 8 driver instead of 8.1 This also didn't work but it gave me the idea to try Windows 7 driver. I downloaded it from the manufacturers support/download drivers site Support Download as recommended by Spunk (1st respondent) and lo and behold it has worked! There must be some logic somewhere... Thanks to all who have tried to help. I've lost a day and a half of my life but I'm happy now Card reader not working on Packard Bell after upgrade to windows 10 :)

Lesleek, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Card reader not working on Packard Bell after upgrade to windows 10 - Similar Threads - Card reader working

2. Packard Bell 820 in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Packard Bell 820 in Windows 10: Hello Launch the Windows 10 Pro 22H2 in Packard Bell 820 1999 From Romanians Electronics Second Hand Shop. Please Help Someone? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/packard-bell-820-in-windows-10/50d82f2d-56e5-43bd-b0d0-cd2a236c6eb1
  3. Packard Bell 820 in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Packard Bell 820 in Windows 10: Hello Launch the Windows 10 Pro 22H2 in Packard Bell 820 1999 From Romanians Electronics Second Hand Shop. Please Help Someone? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/packard-bell-820-in-windows-10/50d82f2d-56e5-43bd-b0d0-cd2a236c6eb1
  4. Packard Bell 820 in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Will Windows 10 run on a Packard Bell Legend 24403?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Will Windows 10 run on a Packard Bell Legend 24403?: Will Windows 10 run on a Packard Bell Legend 24403? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/will-windows-10-run-on-a-packard-bell-legend-24403/e0d804b6-7a59-4c58-8aa7-8b10be55c0ce
  6. packard bell 2450 for windows 10

packard bell 2450 for windows 10: i have a packard bell 2450 scanner, my computer can't even find it? has anyone got any drivers for this please? or ideas to help without any charging! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/packard-bell-2450-for-windows-10/921ffda9-ad8d-4533-b577-5451d36196af
  7. Upgraded to Win 10 & SD Card Reader not Working

Upgraded to Win 10 & SD Card Reader not Working: Hi All, My card reader is working as far as device manager is concerned BUT it is not making ding dong or Ping Pong sound when i insert it. i have tried new drivers, un-install & Re install etc and im at my wits end Please can anyone help?...
  8. Factory reset Packard Bell

Factory reset Packard Bell: Good Day I bought my laptop in 2015, it had Windows 8 already installed, I updated it to windows 10 in the window when it was free. I want to factory reset my Laptop, If I do that, will it remove windows, go back to 8 or will windows 10 still be installed? Kind...
  9. Packard Bell LE69KB no audio after windows 10 upgrade from Windows 8

Packard Bell LE69KB no audio after windows 10 upgrade from Windows 8: No sound at all from this laptop after upgrade. I've tried using Windows update but the drivers fail. RealTek driver says it is incompatible (tried in compatibuility mode too). There are no audio drivers on the Packard Bell support pages/ What to do?...
  10. RAM upgrade - Packard Bell oneTwo M3871 xx.U6R

RAM upgrade - Packard Bell oneTwo M3871 xx.U6R: I would like to upgrade the RAM which is currently installed in an all-in-one. The ‘Packard Bell oneTwo M3871 xx.U6R’ (formerly Windows 7) was purchased in November 2011 and currently has the following spec: • Windows 10 Home • 64-bit Operating System, x64-bit based...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. CardReader Broadcom packard bell easynote windows 10 driver

2. easy note eg70 card reader drive win 10

3. csrd reder per packard bell windows 10

4. card reader driver packard bell windows 10