Windows 10: Card reader problem with build 14316

Discus and support Card reader problem with build 14316 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Since this update my card reader caused me considerable grief, 15-20 mins to boot. This was a card powered by a PCI card. Removing the PCI card and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by HSS, Apr 20, 2016.

1. HSS
    HSS Win User

Card reader problem with build 14316

Since this update my card reader caused me considerable grief, 15-20 mins to boot. This was a card powered by a PCI card. Removing the PCI card and card reader solved the problem. So I bought a reader that plugged into a USB 2 header on my motherboard, but this does not work correctly. The reader will read SD cards, but when I insert a compact flash card all I get is a message on screen telling me to insert a card. Obviously it's seeing the card hence the message. As photography is my main hobby this is a serious problem for me. I can still upload my photos by connecting my camera, but I much prefer a card reader.
    Any help would be appreciated.

Harry

:)

2. Windows 10 Dark theme

There is your problem.

The dark theme is only available in builds 14316 and newer. Those are insider builds.

ZigZag3143 (MS -MVP), Apr 20, 2016
  3. Should i upadate my win10 build 10240 to builds 14316. I m student can i need this.

Should I upadate my windows 10 builds 10240 to builds 14316. I receive update notification windows insider builds 14316. I'm student can i need this update.

AnishPyare, Apr 20, 2016
Thema:

Card reader problem with build 14316

1. Card reader problem with build 14316 - Similar Threads - Card reader problem

2. SD Card Reader Problem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    SD Card Reader Problem: Hi, I'm running Windows 10 and the SD Card reader has changed. Before when I entered the SD card into the slot it would appear (like the first image) on the Device and Drivers. But now it only appears like (the second image) all the time and won't open. Anyway time I try to...
  3. SD Card Reader Problem

in Windows 10 Support
    SD Card Reader Problem: Hi, I'm running Windows 10 and the SD Card reader has changed. Before when I entered the SD card into the slot it would appear (like the first image) on the Device and Drivers. But now it only appears like (the second image) all the time and won't open. Anyway time I try to...
  4. Card Reader

Card Reader: Since an update on Windows 10 I can not get my card reader to work. It can't find the subsystem? Very frustrating as it is a work tool that needs to be used once a week. Any help ideas? I went to the software provider and they can't fix it and told me to seek help from...
  5. card reader

card reader: why does the card reader IN my computer not register as a device https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/card-reader/04a02571-00f6-41fd-9507-369eb1db0087
  6. card reader

card reader: trying to download pics to cardreader, you said go to start then click on computer. how do I find computer in the list https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/card-reader/c0ff138c-1646-4957-8074-1917b4af8bd5
  7. Realtek PCIE card reader problem

Realtek PCIE card reader problem: I have in the process of connecting a printer when I noticed that there was an exclamation mark on my laptop, Rea Card Reader has error, Problem with PNP devices and then proceeds to say that it is blocked by group policy Driver has been blocked from starting, known to...
  8. SD card reader problem

SD card reader problem: Hi, so my father was using a Windows 7 machine, and with this PC he would use a verbatim 15in1 reader. When he would insert his card, Windows would allow him to automatically move any picture and video files to a specific sub folder on his hard drive and also label each file...
  9. Smart Card Reader driver problem

Smart Card Reader driver problem: Hello! So, I ended up here because I didn't know what else to do. I have a problem with my Smart Card Reader(ID-Card). Windows doesn't let me install drivers for it manually, neither did it install them automatically. It all happened after updating Windows to the Anniversary...
  10. Problems With Sleep With New Build 14316

in Windows 10 Support
    Problems With Sleep With New Build 14316: Hello All, I never had problems before with this computer and testing different preview builds, but this new one has really given me some sleep issues. The computer does not automatically go to sleep so I have to manually make it go to sleep. That is just one issue and not...