Windows 10: Card Reader

Discus and support Card Reader in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I've had windows 10 for at least a year, everything works fine. My card reader worked a few days ago, and now does not seem to recognize the card at... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by SharonWilgus, Oct 7, 2019.

1. Card Reader

I've had windows 10 for at least a year, everything works fine. My card reader worked a few days ago, and now does not seem to recognize the card at all. No sounds come from my laptop when inserted.

:)

SharonWilgus, Oct 7, 2019

2. card reader

Hi Sam,

To isolate this concern, have you tried adding the card reader to folder as the source file in Photo app? If no, please add it by following the steps below:

• Open Photo app.
    • Go to Settings.
    • Click Add a folder under Sources.
    • Choose the card reader folder.
    • Click Add this folder to Pictures.

Once done, please check if you can now access the card reader photos.

Keep us posted.

Charianne Per, Oct 10, 2019
  3. Problem with card readers after mirgration to Win10

Hi Peter,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you try the following steps and see if it helps.

Method 1: Run Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter

Follow the steps below:

1. Press Windows key + X and select Control Panel.

2. Change View by from Category to Small Icons/Large Icons.

3. Click on Troubleshooting.

4. Select Hardware and Devices and follow the on-screen instructions.

Method 2: Update Card reader driver

Follow the steps below.

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Device Manager.
    • Search for your card reader driver.
    • Right-click on the Card reader driver and select
      Update Driver Software.
    • Restart your system
    Method 3: Uninstall and then re-install Card reader driver

Follow the steps below.

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Device Manager.
    • Search for your card reader driver.
    • Right-click on the Card reader driver
      and select Uninstall.
    • Restart your system.
    • Let you system scan for new hardware and install relevant driver for your card reader.
    Hope this helps. Please respond if you have further related queries.

Regards,

Jesinta Rozario, Oct 10, 2019
  4. Eric Ber Win User

Card Reader

SD Card reader not working.

Hi,

There are several reasons why your SD card reader is not working. To assist you better, kindly answer the questions below:

• Have you made any changes to your computer prior to this issue?
    • What are the other troubleshooting steps have you done so for?
    • Have you tried to use another SD card reader and see if it is getting recognized or detected by your computer?

Regards.

Eric Ber, Oct 10, 2019
Thema:

Card Reader

1. Card Reader - Similar Threads - Card Reader

2. smart card reader is not working on lenovo t440

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    smart card reader is not working on lenovo t440: I use a gemalto smart card usb token, wich was used for secure signing of official documents on my laptop until the last major win10 update in august. (1903) After that the gemalto card stopped working... The problem is, that a win10 service for smartcard-s starts and...
  3. SD card reader

SD card reader: SD card will open to file explorer but will not auto play. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sd-card-reader/c3ffa0fc-f832-4bd9-8e47-21cd280b5920
  4. Built-in S/D reader is not reading memory card HP Envy

Built-in S/D reader is not reading memory card HP Envy: Hello, When I try to import photos, I continually get an error message saying that no photos were detected. Historically, I have been able to import photo and then my computer could no longer detect one of my two memory cards and now cannot detect either card. I took card...
  5. Windows 10 1903 upgrade - ASUS X205TA keyboard+touchpad+sound+sd card reader no longer work

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 1903 upgrade - ASUS X205TA keyboard+touchpad+sound+sd card reader no longer work: After upgrading to version 1093 on my ASUS X205TA notebook computer (32-bit), the keyboard, touchpad, sound input, sound output, and sd card reader no longer worked. Tried Microsoft troubleshooting routines to no avail. Has anyone encountered and overcome these problems?...
  6. Panasonic Internal SD Card Reader not reading card AFTER Windows 10 upgrade

Panasonic Internal SD Card Reader not reading card AFTER Windows 10 upgrade: I have a Panasonic CF-52 toughbook that ha an internal SD card reader. The card reader was working fine with Windows 7 until I upgraded to Windows 10 last month. I have all of the current Windows updates and have read all of the similar posts but have not been able to get...
  7. Verbatim Card Reader All-in-1 / USB 3.0

Verbatim Card Reader All-in-1 / USB 3.0: Hi, I have just purchased the above-mentioned card reader and when I plug it into a port on my Dell Inspiron 15 5000 series laptop with my SanDisk Extreme Pro 170 MB 128 GB memory card for my Nikon D850 camera a small window pops up advising me F:/ The directory name is...
  8. SD card reader

SD card reader: i have a laptop running windows 10, but it won't recognize my SD card. It has found my external hard drive no problem. can someone help me get it sorted. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sd-card-reader/95010827-8c69-4dd5-9cdf-01dd1e92c1ef
  9. sd card reader quit working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    sd card reader quit working: card reader suddenly no longer works https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sd-card-reader-quit-working/cd4b77d8-eaa2-4b05-92b3-a1b3de45b8f3"
  10. seeing hat is on scandisc card with card reader

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    seeing hat is on scandisc card with card reader: How do I find out what is on a micro sd card using a card reader? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/seeing-hat-is-on-scandisc-card-with-card-reader/935a2a5c-7cd6-4fb2-a60a-69c5acb4ef68"