Windows 10: Card readers not working on latest version of Windows 10 Pro

Discus and support Card readers not working on latest version of Windows 10 Pro in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi all,I have two plug and play card readers - OneSpan Digipass 905 and Sitecom MD-064. I'm trying to use them to read my ID card using Windows 10 Pro.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Paul SW, Jun 29, 2021.

1. Paul SW Win User

Card readers not working on latest version of Windows 10 Pro

Hi all,I have two plug and play card readers - OneSpan Digipass 905 and Sitecom MD-064. I'm trying to use them to read my ID card using Windows 10 Pro. But neither of them seem to be recognized as USB devices by the OS.I've tried stopping and re-starting up the smart card reader service in device manager, but that makes no difference.Anyone else have any experience with getting card readers work with Windows 10 Pro?I have tried contacting the manufacturers but their responses are not very helpful.Thanks in advance,Paul

:)

Paul SW, Jun 29, 2021

2. Internal SD reader not working after upgrade to Windows 10 Pro

Hello everyone, I have a problem after upgrading to Windows 10 Pro. My Sabrent internal SD card reader isn't working. I've tried most of the solutions I've seen elsewhere, and I thought someone here might have some ideas.

Current Setup

I have a Sabrent SD card reader plugged into the USB1 port on my motherboard. The reader has several SD slots and two USB slots.

Windows 10 Home Behavior

The SD card reader worked as expected.

Windows 10 Pro Behavior

When I insert an SD card into one of the SD slots, nothing happens. The card is not read and nothing appears under the drive on This PC. I have tried this using both SD and micro SD cards. However, there are three other things going on:

• The USB slots in the reader work fine.
    • The SD slot is recognized on startup before Windows loads. It appears as a boot option when I have a card inserted and manually enter the boot menu on the motherboard (F11).
    • Drive letters appear for each SD slot.
    Attempted Fixes

I have tried several steps to fix this issue. They include:

• Running hardware Troubleshooting under Control Panel
    • Updating drivers under Device Manager
    • Uninstalling the device under Device Manager, and picking up on reboot
    • Installed all Windows 10 Pro updates
    • Reinstalling Windows 10 Pro
    None of these actions has solved the problem. After each, I confirmed that the SD reader is recognized by the BIOS on startup before Windows loads.

Does anyone have any other ideas for what I can try? Should I purchase a new SD card reader and see if it exhibits the same behavior?

JeffreyKramer9, Jun 29, 2021
  3. Eric Ber Win User
    SD Card reader not working.

Hi,

There are several reasons why your SD card reader is not working. To assist you better, kindly answer the questions below:

• Have you made any changes to your computer prior to this issue?
    • What are the other troubleshooting steps have you done so for?
    • Have you tried to use another SD card reader and see if it is getting recognized or detected by your computer?

Regards.

Eric Ber, Jun 29, 2021
  4. x509 Win User

New USB flash card reader not working--how to troubleshoot Creators

So I recently got an Orico drive bay combination flash card reader and USB port. The USB port works but the CF format card reader does not. I can't even tell from Device Manager if the CF or any of the other format card readers are even detected.

any suggestions for better use of Device Manager or other tools?

Win 10 64 Pro

Thema:

1. Card readers not working on latest version of Windows 10 Pro - Similar Threads - Card readers working

2. windows 10 card reader wont work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 10 card reader wont work: I have an Alienware 17 laptop which up to recently has worked, unfortunately a couple of months ago the SD card reader stopped working, I have tried every fix out there to make it work without success. Device manger states it has been blocked due to the driver causing issues...
  3. windows 10 card reader wont work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows 10 card reader wont work: I have an Alienware 17 laptop which up to recently has worked, unfortunately a couple of months ago the SD card reader stopped working, I have tried every fix out there to make it work without success. Device manger states it has been blocked due to the driver causing issues...
  4. windows 10 card reader wont work

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Windows 10 pro won't mount card reader

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 pro won't mount card reader: Windows 10 Pro won't mount an external card reader with Arri UDF formatting because of partmgr.sys update last fall. Can I get an older version of partmgr.sys to replace?...
  6. Windows 10 pro won't mount card reader

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 pro won't mount card reader: Windows 10 Pro won't mount an external card reader with Arri UDF formatting because of partmgr.sys update last fall. Can I get an older version of partmgr.sys to replace?...
  7. Windows 10 pro won't mount card reader

8. Card Reader Does Not Work in Windows 10

Card Reader Does Not Work in Windows 10: I have tried all methods and all card readers donot work and appear offline as shown. It shows some kind of conflict in disk management. I confirm all cards (inc. SD and CF) with the same card readers work with other win10 laptop. Please help. thank you! [ATTACH]...
  9. Card reader Windows 10

Card reader Windows 10: When I ejected a disk after running safely remove sd card and inserted the sd card again, it would not recognize the card reader at all. Card Reader https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/card-reader-windows-10/cf723813-ea75-47d9-a439-29fb8b252300
  10. Surface pro microSD card reader not working.

Surface pro microSD card reader not working.: Hi there. I have just brought a brand new Surface pro 4 64 bit, i5, 128 gig, 8 gig ram. Everything is fine however I have recently decided to expand my storage by adding a 128gig microSD card. The card arrived today however... Unfortunately the surface does not seem to be...