Windows 10: Career choices

Discus and support Career choices in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I am going to college in a few years and wanted to do pc repairs and/or open my own place. I had a question for you guys who own your own tech repair... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by GoldenDog, Feb 7, 2020.

1. GoldenDog Win User

Career choices

I am going to college in a few years and wanted to do pc repairs and/or open my own place. I had a question for you guys who own your own tech repair places/owned your own tech repair places: what education did you have if any?

Any comments or info would be helpful.

:)

GoldenDog, Feb 7, 2020

2. Career

Your question is outside the scope of this Community.

And we do not work for Microsoft; we are mainly volunteers here.

I suggest you look at the information at the links.

Career opportunities - Microsoft Education

Explore scholarships, internships and job opportunities for students:

Microsoft Careers

"Microsoft office locations around the world"

Microsoft Worldwide Sites

"Global Customer Service phone numbers"

https://support.microsoft.com/en-au/help/13948/global-customer-service-phone-numbers

Regards.

Bill Smithers, Feb 26, 2020 at 2:18 AM
  3. Compumind Win User
    Career choices

Hi there -

I did it all - the timing then was just perfect!

In today’s changing economy, I wouldn’t even consider it. It’s a true commodity item now.

Best bet is in software, especially in the areas of Cybersecurity and Data Mining. And yes, you want to be fairly wealthy, especially with the astronomical costs of medical and dental insurances.

Another great choice is in Medical Informatics.

Hope this information helps guide you in the right direction. A college degree is critical and the military is a great place, like the USAF.

Cheers.

4. Career choices

welcome screen is not asking if i like the spotlight choice

Hi,

One of the possible reasons why your laptop is not asking if you like the spotlight choice might be because the Windows spotlight is not set as your lock screen background. To address this concern, we suggest enabling Windows spotlight as your lock screen
    background. To do so, follow these steps:

• Go to Settings.
    • Click on Personalization and then select Lock screen.
    • Under Background, click on the drop down menu and make sure to click on Windows spotlight.

If further assistance is needed, don't hesitate to reply on this thread.

Thema:

Career choices

1. Career choices - Similar Threads - Career choices

2. Local Disc C Read permission denied and cannot desable the choice made as other hard drives...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Local Disc C Read permission denied and cannot desable the choice made as other hard drives...: Hello Windows Family I enabled deny read permission on local disc C I thought it was the same as other discs when disabling but it cannot even be disabled. I am so mad now I've been trying different tricks but still cannot resolve the issue. I cannot even reset my...
  3. when you use the Windows Media tool to create a New Install, it does not give me a choice...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    when you use the Windows Media tool to create a New Install, it does not give me a choice...: Paid for a new install of Windows 10 Pro and have the key for it. When I download it, no choice of the two is offered. How do I know it is going to do the Pro install or does it make the changes with updates, etc. after the Pro key is recognized?...
  4. undoing the choice of how to open files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    undoing the choice of how to open files: I downloaded and have previously downloaded sewing files with the extension .exp for my bernina sewing machine. Last night when I was opening zipped files a box opened up asking how to "open the files." I went to the Microsoft store to see what was available but ended up...
  5. product key for adult education student at Warren County Career Center

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    product key for adult education student at Warren County Career Center: I am a student in the IT department and I have misplaced the product key for my windows 10 edu. Can you help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/product-key-for-adult-education-student-at-warren/56cd8639-1085-406a-b78e-5d5fd8c3cbe4"
  6. Looking for a Video Editor Choices....

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Looking for a Video Editor Choices....: Windows 10 Pro, UHD monitor, i5-3570k with 8gig Ram I'm looking for a basic video editor that I can convert pictures and some old videos in a few formats vob, mp2, avi to make a new movie dvd for the family. It would be nice to have one that I'm able to easily correct basic...
  7. Moving PC installs - is PCMover my best choice?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Moving PC installs - is PCMover my best choice?: I'm about to get into shuffle-the-PC's in a big way and I was wondering what the most painless method of migrating everything (settings for Windows, settings for Windows apps like Mail, applications, etc) between dissimilar PC's. I'm already moving things I can outright...
  8. Which language is best for starting programming career?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Which language is best for starting programming career?: What you think guys? What language is the best language in 2020 to so on for making a good career? What language we should learn before providing web development service or you can say website development service?...
  9. How to force W10 to save bluetooth downloaded files in a directory of my choice?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to force W10 to save bluetooth downloaded files in a directory of my choice?: the almighty w10 burried some pictures i sent from my fone via bluetooth, it pointed to the my user directory, but there was no such pictures there..it's been a tghorn in my side eversince tho that i have no choice to impose a irectorory of my choice.. so HOW in the heck can...
  10. Trouble at submitting job application on Microsoft Careers site

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Trouble at submitting job application on Microsoft Careers site: I cannot submit my job application on Microsoft Careers site. Everything's ok until I click on "Continue With Application" button to submit my application. The site redirects me to the home page and I can't see the application submitted in the action center. I changed the...