Windows 10: Careful if you use Recovery to restore previous version of Windows

Discus and support Careful if you use Recovery to restore previous version of Windows in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; I had some compatibility issues with VOIP service that I use on PC (GV Jack App), so to make it work properly (until PCPhoneSoft comes out with a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by rive0108, Aug 5, 2015.

1. rive0108 Win User

Careful if you use Recovery to restore previous version of Windows

I had some compatibility issues with VOIP service that I use on PC (GV Jack App), so to make it work properly (until PCPhoneSoft comes out with a compatible 10 version), and much nagging from wife that phone didn't work if the kids were logged into their accounts, I decided to restore back Win 7 Ult x64.

First, I downloaded the Win 10 x64 ISO, and burned it, then I used the free "Magical Jellybean" to recover my new Win10 Pro Product Key.

Then, accessed Recovery, and Restored Win 7.

That's when the fun started, there was alittle corruption (shortcuts and stuff), but the biggest issue was the "Windows 7 Build 7601 This copy of Windows is not Genuine" issue.

I of course, had a Win7 backup PC Image, which I then restored, and all is now well.

Moral is, BACKUP your Windows before upgrading, and make sure you have a Recovery Disc, or Drive (else you may find yourself SOL).

Careful if you use Recovery to restore previous version of Windows [​IMG]

:)

rive0108, Aug 5, 2015

2. I just uploaded Windows 10 and cannot find ANY of my old documents, photos, videos, etc from Windows 8.1? Help

You cannot use sytem restore to revert back to previous edition of Windows.

Use settings>update and security>recovery>Go back to previous version.

hope it helps.

Sumit Dhiman2, Aug 5, 2015
  3. RESTORE TO THE PREVIOUS VERSION OF WIN10

Open Start > Settings > Update & security > Recovery > under Go back to my previous version of Windows 10, click Get started.

or

Press Control + Alt + Delete

Click Sign out

At the Sign In screen, hold down the shift key on your keyboard while clicking the Power button on the screen

Continue to hold down the shift key while clicking Restart

Continue to hold down the shift key until the Advanced Recovery Options menu appears

Click Troubleshoot

Click Advanced options

Click Go back to the previous version of Windows

If that option is not available, you will have to manually downgrade:

Step 1: download Windows 10 1703 from the following link:

https://tb.rg-adguard.net/index.php?sid=74a7cf5...

Step 2: create a bootable copy

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/wik...

Step 3: perform a custom install

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/insider/wiki...

Andre Da Costa, Aug 5, 2015
Thema:

Careful if you use Recovery to restore previous version of Windows

1. Careful if you use Recovery to restore previous version of Windows - Similar Threads - Careful Recovery restore

2. Restoring your previous version of windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Restoring your previous version of windows: I have been facing a issue " Restoring your previous version of windows " after few minutes of loading it shows "your device ran into a problem and needs to restart. We will restart for you" it occurred after I tried to rollback from windows 11 to 10 the laptop shutdown while...
  3. Restoring previous windows version

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Restoring previous windows version: Restoring previous window version stuck on loop, plss help me, If I cant fix this, I wont be able to be present in our online class https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/restoring-previous-windows-version/4f9dd09a-7fad-419a-947c-1e2b92b761bb
  4. Restoration of previous Windows version

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Restoration of previous Windows version: I have replaced my hard drive & I want to restore my earlier Windows version. How do I do it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/restoration-of-previous-windows-version/f18453db-fdb3-4b0b-aef4-20347a27bff7
  5. Cannot use "previous version" to restore a folder

Cannot use "previous version" to restore a folder: Hi ! My thunderbird app just updated and deleted a custom file I put in its AppData\Roaming\Thunderbird folder. So I went to the "previous version" tab in the properties of the parent folder. From there, I can see multiple previous version of said folder which seems ok...
  6. Restoration of previous windows version onloop

Restoration of previous windows version onloop: My laptop troubleshoot option or advance option is not working for fixing onloop restoring previous windows version error kindly help with someother idea....
  7. Restoration of previous version of windows

Restoration of previous version of windows: I was playing video suddenly chrome stopped responding so i press shutdown button and it started updating windows on 13% i again press shutdown it stopped updating and now from past 2hrs its showing blank screen saying Attempting to recover installation and restoring your...
  8. Restoring previous version of Windows loop

Restoring previous version of Windows loop: After an update, my laptop restarted and got stuck on a loop trying to restore tge previous version of windows. I have already made extensive research and all methods failed to fix my issue. I cannot access my desktop or sign in screen. I cannot access safe mode, as it just...
  9. Restoring your Previous Version of Windows

Restoring your Previous Version of Windows: Hey, Iam currently facing a problem with my ASUS Laptop (Windows 10). I was updating it and it was almost done it was at a blue screen saying 84% it may restart or something like that. Then all of a sudden it turned off and I saw Restoring Previous Version of Windows. I hope...
  10. Restoring Previous Version

in Windows 10 Support
    Restoring Previous Version: So I download Windows 10 from here: Windows 10 Whilst I run it, no questions show up, asking anything, but in videos I see questions, asking about Updates and your current PC data. Once it completes, and restarts my PC, it finishes, then goes onto a screen saying...