Windows 10: Caret Browsing and Volume Buttons

Discus and support Caret Browsing and Volume Buttons in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello, everything has been working fine, until this morning. My volume keys are, f6mute, f7 -, and f8 +. I tried to use them to adjust my volume and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Aila Piatkiewicz, Jan 22, 2023.

1. Caret Browsing and Volume Buttons

Hello, everything has been working fine, until this morning. My volume keys are, f6mute, f7 -, and f8 +. I tried to use them to adjust my volume and then got a pop up asking if I wanted to enable caret browsing, I selected no, but my f6 key is still opening my search bar. I checked my internet advanced settings, it says my caret browsing is turned off. It seems to only be affecting those 3 keys. I would like to regain use of these shortcut keys, they were working just fine yesterday. Any help would be great.

:)

Aila Piatkiewicz, Jan 22, 2023

2. how to stop "turn on caret browsing" pop up in windows 10

Hi, I’m Nicole, I’ll be happy to help you out today.

Check if the F7 key is stuck or not. If no, try updating the keyboard drivers from Device Manager (accessible if you right-click Start button in taskbar and choose the app from the list).

There are some solutions that worked here to get rid of Turn on Caret Browsing? prompt: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/for...

Feel free to ask back any questions. Please report back results for all steps given so I know what else to suggest if necessary.

Regards,

Nicole

Nicole Aljecera, Jan 22, 2023
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    Caret Browsing prompt

Hi Jim, which browser are your using, that you want to enable Caret Browsing in?

DaveM121, Jan 22, 2023
  4. Hanisab3 Win User

Caret Browsing and Volume Buttons

Volume shortcut keys stopped working, stuck on caret browsing

Hello, I have an HP laptop that I recently updated to windows 10. Everything has been working fine, until this morning. My volume keys are, f6mute, f7 -, and f8 +. I tried to use them to adjust my volume and then got a pop up asking if I wanted to enable
    caret browsing, I selected no, but my f6 key is still opening my search bar. I checked my internet advanced settings, it says my caret browsing is turned off. It seems to only be affecting those 3 keys. I would like to regain use of these shortcut keys, they
    were working just fine yesterday. Any help would be great.

Hanisab3, Jan 22, 2023
Thema:

Caret Browsing and Volume Buttons

1. Caret Browsing and Volume Buttons - Similar Threads - Caret Browsing Volume

2. How to turn off caret browsing?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to turn off caret browsing?: Hi, I pressed F7. Got a pop -up. Checked "never show again" and pressed OK, instead of No. Now my keyboard buttons F3 -F7 used for brightness and sound management do not work. Windows 11, Edge.Tried to reset browser - did not help. Tried to turning off this: "Navigate pages...
  3. How to turn off caret browsing?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to turn off caret browsing?: Hi, I pressed F7. Got a pop -up. Checked "never show again" and pressed OK, instead of No. Now my keyboard buttons F3 -F7 used for brightness and sound management do not work. Windows 11, Edge.Tried to reset browser - did not help. Tried to turning off this: "Navigate pages...
  4. Caret Browsing and Volume Buttons

Caret Browsing and Volume Buttons: Hello, everything has been working fine, until this morning. My volume keys are, f6mute, f7 -, and f8 +. I tried to use them to adjust my volume and then got a pop up asking if I wanted to enable caret browsing, I selected no, but my f6 key is still opening my search bar. I...
  5. How do i turn of caret browsing?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do i turn of caret browsing?: So i accidentally turned caret browsing on and now i cannot turn it off! Like whenever i press f7 it only decreases volume. Please somebody help, this is very annoying :...
  6. How do i turn of caret browsing?

How do i turn of caret browsing?: So i accidentally turned caret browsing on and now i cannot turn it off! Like whenever i press f7 it only decreases volume. Please somebody help, this is very annoying :...
  7. Turn on caret browsing? Annoying popup appears everywhere

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Turn on caret browsing? Annoying popup appears everywhere: I have been seeing this popup for 3 or 4 months after some usual windows update, before that it didn't come. Now it appears everywhere, in the start menu, in settings, when I right-click to the taskbar, in applications, etc. and the interesting part is I never clicked F7 then...
  8. fun fact! settings has "caret browsing" mode!

fun fact! settings has "caret browsing" mode!: did you know that settings has a secret mode?open settingsgo to any pagepress fn+f7 keys in some computers f7 is enoughthis works on windows 10 settings app onlyregardsavikshithsource: deleted thread by joe B- 2.0, microsoft community...
  9. Caret Browsing popup won't go away.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Caret Browsing popup won't go away.: I have this issue that no matter what I do in any app or browser the pop up keeps "popping" up, and in multiple sessions. It has also put a white film over my start menu and I cannot click on anything. I have already tried the following: Disabled in all browsers. Did a...
  10. Caret browsing F7 key

in Windows 10 Customization
    Caret browsing F7 key: The most recent update to windows forces me to answer the caret browsing question every time I press F7. I play a game that uses F7 for a critical feature. Every time I restart the game I get the same question even if I check the checkbox to remember. Is there a way to change...