Windows 10: Caret Browsing popup on EVERY Windows 10 UI when F7 is pressed

Discus and support Caret Browsing popup on EVERY Windows 10 UI when F7 is pressed in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; No matter where I press F7, whatever, it's the search menu, action center, internet menu, calendar, apps, browser and EVEN the explorer taskbar context... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Pedro Av., Sep 16, 2020.

1. Pedro Av. Win User

Caret Browsing popup on EVERY Windows 10 UI when F7 is pressed

No matter where I press F7, whatever, it's the search menu, action center, internet menu, calendar, apps, browser and EVEN the explorer taskbar context menu it keeps popping up with the box to tell me about Caret Browsing.

I can click on Yes or No including the "Do not show this again" checkbox as many times as I like but it will not close the box off. This can happen at any time, specially when I use a lot the F7 key as my keybinding.

Please help, this is bug is starting to get old occurs since the 1903 builds what I can remember in all PCs and it's stressful as hell.

Examples below:

Caret Browsing popup on EVERY Windows 10 UI when F7 is pressed 05e7fd3c-511e-46ab-b104-b0ffb3fb22e2?upload=true.png

Caret Browsing popup on EVERY Windows 10 UI when F7 is pressed 6ab16246-d47e-4848-8307-795e4f1b3a36?upload=true.png

Caret Browsing popup on EVERY Windows 10 UI when F7 is pressed 2b50e22a-dc4b-4d34-8646-3e88faff704f?upload=true.png

Even the taskbar menu. This is unacceptable.

:)

Pedro Av., Sep 16, 2020
  2. PeteG45 Win User

Caret browsing F7 key

The most recent update to windows forces me to answer the caret browsing question every time I press F7. I play a game that uses F7 for a critical feature. Every time I restart the game I get the same question even if I check the checkbox to remember. Is
    there a way to change the behavior to ctrl-F7 or alt-F7?

Mapping this to an unmodified function key is a terrible choice. You’ve impacted a lot of software by permanently altering the behavior of a commonly used key. I’m not saying that giving an easy method of controlling caret browsing is bad, but the chosen
    implementation is unacceptable.

PeteG45, Sep 16, 2020
  3. How do I turn off the F7 Caret Browsing prompt?

This is one of the MOST annoying feature of Windows 10 the new Microsoft Edge, etc.

Pressing F7 during a game, brings up the Enable Caret Browsing popup window!!!!!!

Even if you click the checkbox, it reappears the next time you start the game .... AppStore based Game.

GodThatsABigOne, Sep 16, 2020
  4. Caret Browsing popup on EVERY Windows 10 UI when F7 is pressed

How do I turn off the F7 Caret Browsing prompt?

Sorry, but I think you misunderstood the question. I do not want or have caret browsing enabled, but I want to disable to prompt that comes up when I press F7.

SiriusTheHamster, Sep 16, 2020
Thema:

Caret Browsing popup on EVERY Windows 10 UI when F7 is pressed

1. Caret Browsing popup on EVERY Windows 10 UI when F7 is pressed - Similar Threads - Caret Browsing popup

2. Caret Browsing and Volume Buttons

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Caret Browsing and Volume Buttons: Hello, everything has been working fine, until this morning. My volume keys are, f6mute, f7 -, and f8 +. I tried to use them to adjust my volume and then got a pop up asking if I wanted to enable caret browsing, I selected no, but my f6 key is still opening my search bar. I...
  3. Turn on caret browsing? Annoying popup appears everywhere

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Turn on caret browsing? Annoying popup appears everywhere: I have been seeing this popup for 3 or 4 months after some usual windows update, before that it didn't come. Now it appears everywhere, in the start menu, in settings, when I right-click to the taskbar, in applications, etc. and the interesting part is I never clicked F7 then...
  4. Turn on caret browsing? Annoying popup appears everywhere

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Turn on caret browsing? Annoying popup appears everywhere: I have been seeing this popup for 3 or 4 months after some usual windows update, before that it didn't come. Now it appears everywhere, in the start menu, in settings, when I right-click to the taskbar, in applications, etc. and the interesting part is I never clicked F7 then...
  5. Turn on caret browsing? Annoying popup appears everywhere

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. F7 and pop up window prompting to Enable/Disable caret browsing

F7 and pop up window prompting to Enable/Disable caret browsing: Hello everybody.Sorry to bother. Can anyone help me restore the pop up windows prompting to Enable/Disable caret browsing when hitting F7 before you even log in into the system?I mean when you just start your PC, before logging in CRTL+ALT+CANC, I used to see this pop up...
  7. Caret Browsing popup won't go away.

Caret Browsing popup won't go away.: I have this issue that no matter what I do in any app or browser the pop up keeps "popping" up, and in multiple sessions. It has also put a white film over my start menu and I cannot click on anything. I have already tried the following: Disabled in all browsers. Did a...
  8. How do I turn off the F7 Caret Browsing prompt?

How do I turn off the F7 Caret Browsing prompt?: How do I permanently turn off the F7 Caret Browsing prompt on Windows 10 everywhere no matter what software or applications I am using at the time completely and permanently?...
  9. How can I permanently disable the F7 caret browsing prompt?

in Browsers and Email
    How can I permanently disable the F7 caret browsing prompt?: How can I permanently disable the F7 caret browsing prompt? Thanks 140733
  10. Caret browsing F7 key

Caret browsing F7 key: The most recent update to windows forces me to answer the caret browsing question every time I press F7. I play a game that uses F7 for a critical feature. Every time I restart the game I get the same question even if I check the checkbox to remember. Is there a way to change...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. turn adds a cursor on text so you can select text with your keyboard

2. windows 10 keeps asking for caret browsing