Windows 10: Caret browsing prompt appears on lock screen (with image)

Discus and support Caret browsing prompt appears on lock screen (with image) in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] This is an update to the post here. I switched Edge Dev to light mode and kept Windows in dark mode, and still the prompt shows up as the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/kelpso1, Jan 10, 2020.

1. Caret browsing prompt appears on lock screen (with image)

Caret browsing prompt appears on lock screen (with image) x0LWNKVWgW5IqBLwypq0F3lHbLLTPVsX0l2SV0yzX5I.jpg

This is an update to the post here. I switched Edge Dev to light mode and kept Windows in dark mode, and still the prompt shows up as the dark Fluent UI, so this is definitely a Windows issue. I've included a screenshot this time to show what it looks like, and it only appears after a prolonged sleep (for example 10 hours or so). It seems I can trigger this prompt in Calculator with F7 as well as standard Edge, so it may be UWP-related somehow.

https://preview.redd.it/x16xnobm41a...bp&s=857e72c21c02ed0ff7331329cb7d9a508dd150b8

submitted by /u/kelpso1
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/kelpso1, Jan 10, 2020
  2. Jim Bat Win User

Caret Browsing prompt

I ticked to box on the caret browsing prompt to stop being asked if I wanted to use caret browsing or not and to use F7 instead.

Would anyone know HOW I may reinstate this option please (If there is a video available also, it would be a bonus)

The way shown on some routes is to go through the ... at top right- Then to "Settings" - Then to "View Advanced Settings" and select "Caret Settings" which is just below "Use Adobe Flash" BUT as you can see on my route, the "Caret Settings" choice is missing.

(I have looked at Open other sites in Apps but this proved to be a false trail.

As a result I am at a loss to know where else to look for this. Hence my question.
    Caret browsing prompt appears on lock screen (with image) 5d9410a3-60b9-455a-8f3c-fadc71452f09?upload=true.jpg

Thanks.

Kind regards

Jim Bat, Jan 10, 2020
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    Caret Browsing prompt

Hi Jim, which browser are your using, that you want to enable Caret Browsing in?

DaveM121, Jan 10, 2020
  4. Jim Bat Win User

Caret browsing prompt appears on lock screen (with image)

Caret Browsing prompt

How remiss of me and Thank you Dave.

I am using Windows EDGE.

Hope this helps

- Regards

Jim

PS I want to REINSTATE the CHOICE from the original prompt for F7 - "Tick the box to STOP seeing this Prompt"

Jim Bat, Jan 10, 2020
Thema:

Caret browsing prompt appears on lock screen (with image)

1. Caret browsing prompt appears on lock screen (with image) - Similar Threads - Caret browsing prompt

2. Caret Browsing and Volume Buttons

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Caret Browsing and Volume Buttons: Hello, everything has been working fine, until this morning. My volume keys are, f6mute, f7 -, and f8 +. I tried to use them to adjust my volume and then got a pop up asking if I wanted to enable caret browsing, I selected no, but my f6 key is still opening my search bar. I...
  3. Caret Browsing and Volume Buttons

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Caret Browsing and Volume Buttons: Hello, everything has been working fine, until this morning. My volume keys are, f6mute, f7 -, and f8 +. I tried to use them to adjust my volume and then got a pop up asking if I wanted to enable caret browsing, I selected no, but my f6 key is still opening my search bar. I...
  4. Turn on caret browsing? Annoying popup appears everywhere

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Turn on caret browsing? Annoying popup appears everywhere: I have been seeing this popup for 3 or 4 months after some usual windows update, before that it didn't come. Now it appears everywhere, in the start menu, in settings, when I right-click to the taskbar, in applications, etc. and the interesting part is I never clicked F7 then...
  5. Turn on caret browsing? Annoying popup appears everywhere

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Turn on caret browsing? Annoying popup appears everywhere: I have been seeing this popup for 3 or 4 months after some usual windows update, before that it didn't come. Now it appears everywhere, in the start menu, in settings, when I right-click to the taskbar, in applications, etc. and the interesting part is I never clicked F7 then...
  6. Turn on caret browsing? Annoying popup appears everywhere

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Images that appear on lock screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Images that appear on lock screen: I think it would be very educational if people could be told the locations of the great images that appear, I see all these beautiful places and would like to know where they are.Perhaps there could be an icon to click on to identify the image....
  8. "Turn on caret browsing?" window appears on lock screen after sleep

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    "Turn on caret browsing?" window appears on lock screen after sleep: This issue only started happening today. I have Edge Dev 81.0.381.0 open on Windows 10 build 18363.535, and closed my laptop to put it to sleep multiple times, only to come back with standard Edge's caret browsing prompt overlaying the middle of the lock screen. I have...
  9. How can I permanently disable the F7 caret browsing prompt?

in Browsers and Email
    How can I permanently disable the F7 caret browsing prompt?: How can I permanently disable the F7 caret browsing prompt? Thanks 140733
  10. Caret browsing F7 key

in Windows 10 Customization
    Caret browsing F7 key: The most recent update to windows forces me to answer the caret browsing question every time I press F7. I play a game that uses F7 for a critical feature. Every time I restart the game I get the same question even if I check the checkbox to remember. Is there a way to change...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. turn on caret browsing pup up lock screen

2. turn on caret browsing windows 10 lock screen

3. turn on caret browsing pop up 2020