Windows 10: Carried out Windows update and everything completely changed - Please Help

Discus and support Carried out Windows update and everything completely changed - Please Help in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; TO SUBMIT THIS QUESTION ONE HAS TO SELECT FROM A LIMITED RANGE OF TOPICS IN WINDOWS - THE QUERY IS ABOUT WINDOWS/MICROSOFT BUT I've PUT OUTLOOK AS IT... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Kiredoryor, Jun 7, 2019.

1. Carried out Windows update and everything completely changed - Please Help

TO SUBMIT THIS QUESTION ONE HAS TO SELECT FROM A LIMITED RANGE OF TOPICS IN WINDOWS - THE QUERY IS ABOUT WINDOWS/MICROSOFT BUT I've PUT OUTLOOK AS IT INSISTS UPON ONE OF THE OPTIONS

I use Windows 365

I Clicked "update" in Windows and everything has changed on my laptop.
    Before scenic view used to appear and I had to put in a password. Now there is a blue screen with light streaming in from right to left through a "Window" There is no option to put in a password - it just opens.
    When I click on the Window icon bottom left a whole new assortment of Apps appear - not the one I had before. If I open any - like Word or Excel - they don't remember any recent files.
    Outlook seems to want me to re-register and when I do, it is unable to connect with any of my usual email addresses - only my outlook address which I really don't use.

When I turned the PC off a warning appeared stating that there was another user and it would turn off for them too. I'm the only user, so I was hoping that this current setting has just opened up and I'll be able to find my previous settings - perhaps as a different user, but I can't find any other user. When I shut down and then reopened, this same new setup appeared

Please tell me I can restore my old settings...……

:)

Kiredoryor, Jun 7, 2019
  2. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Carried out Windows update and everything completely changed - Please Help :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Jun 7, 2019
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Jun 7, 2019
  4. Arun B J Win User

Carried out Windows update and everything completely changed - Please Help

We couldn't complete the updated, undoing changes...

Hi,

I suggest you to run the Windows Update troubleshooter and check if it helps.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with Update. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your Windows update.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select
      Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the
      top right to Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the
      view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Windows Update troubleshooter.

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Jun 7, 2019
Thema:

Carried out Windows update and everything completely changed - Please Help

1. Carried out Windows update and everything completely changed - Please Help - Similar Threads - Carried update everything

2. please help with this Automatic Repair, you can not get everything out, please help with.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    please help with this Automatic Repair, you can not get everything out, please help with.: please help with this Automatic Repair, can not get out of everything, please help with the chunadigans. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/please-help-with-this-automatic-repair-you-can-not/d81ae339-49f5-42f6-ba41-6fbf939098ea
  3. please help with this Automatic Repair, you can not get everything out, please help with.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    please help with this Automatic Repair, you can not get everything out, please help with.: please help with this Automatic Repair, can not get out of everything, please help with the chunadigans. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/please-help-with-this-automatic-repair-you-can-not/d81ae339-49f5-42f6-ba41-6fbf939098ea
  4. please help with this Automatic Repair, you can not get everything out, please help with.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Please help everything is huge

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Please help everything is huge: Everything is big and it wont let me change it the option to change the size of text, apps, and other items is greyed out :( I don’t know what to do... submitted by /u/SavPMA [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ioo7qt/please_help_everything_is_huge/
  6. Windows 10 update fails, tried everything, please help

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 update fails, tried everything, please help: Hello, I have an HP Pavilion Notebook, running windows 10 home, version 10.0.14393, X-64 based. Its been having trouble for quite a while but since we have another laptop its been on hold to fix. ive only recently been trying to fix it. Windows update fails over and...
  7. Windows Update Store completely broke please help

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows Update Store completely broke please help: Ok so I just built a new system and everything up until this morning was working great. I've spent the last 3 days just doing updates, haven't installed anything else on it yet. Then this morning 1 update is just stuck KB2267602 at 0%. Also nothing in the MS store will...
  8. Unable to carry out the instruction

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unable to carry out the instruction: I have only been able to get as far as downling two files. The Zip file does nothing when clicked. The Folder can be opened but is empty. Please advise 146329
  9. Windows 10 screen completely moves out of view, takes everything with it. Please help

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 screen completely moves out of view, takes everything with it. Please help: Okay this has been happening for a while now and it's extremely infuriating. Basically I'll be doing normal stuff when I guess I just press a combination of keys that makes it so my entire screen just completely moves off to the left, taking everything with it. Everything...
  10. Windows 10 interface has completely change - Please help

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 interface has completely change - Please help: Hi Not sure if this is the right area to post this as this is my fist time using the forums. I have not used my laptop in a couple of days and believe that in that time, it has auto updated and now the interface that I was used to (and loved) has completely changed....