Windows 10: Carried out Windows update and everything completely changed - Please Help

Discus and support Carried out Windows update and everything completely changed - Please Help in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; TO SUBMIT THIS QUESTION ONE HAS TO SELECT FROM A LIMITED RANGE OF TOPICS IN WINDOWS - THE QUERY IS ABOUT WINDOWS/MICROSOFT BUT I've PUT OUTLOOK AS IT... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Kiredoryor, Jun 7, 2019.

1. Carried out Windows update and everything completely changed - Please Help

TO SUBMIT THIS QUESTION ONE HAS TO SELECT FROM A LIMITED RANGE OF TOPICS IN WINDOWS - THE QUERY IS ABOUT WINDOWS/MICROSOFT BUT I've PUT OUTLOOK AS IT INSISTS UPON ONE OF THE OPTIONS

I use Windows 365

I Clicked "update" in Windows and everything has changed on my laptop.
    Before scenic view used to appear and I had to put in a password. Now there is a blue screen with light streaming in from right to left through a "Window" There is no option to put in a password - it just opens.
    When I click on the Window icon bottom left a whole new assortment of Apps appear - not the one I had before. If I open any - like Word or Excel - they don't remember any recent files.
    Outlook seems to want me to re-register and when I do, it is unable to connect with any of my usual email addresses - only my outlook address which I really don't use.

When I turned the PC off a warning appeared stating that there was another user and it would turn off for them too. I'm the only user, so I was hoping that this current setting has just opened up and I'll be able to find my previous settings - perhaps as a different user, but I can't find any other user. When I shut down and then reopened, this same new setup appeared

Please tell me I can restore my old settings...……

:)

Kiredoryor, Jun 7, 2019
  2. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Carried out Windows update and everything completely changed - Please Help :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Jun 7, 2019
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Jun 7, 2019
  4. Arun B J Win User

Carried out Windows update and everything completely changed - Please Help

We couldn't complete the updated, undoing changes...

Hi,

I suggest you to run the Windows Update troubleshooter and check if it helps.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with Update. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your Windows update.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select
      Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the
      top right to Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the
      view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Windows Update troubleshooter.

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Jun 7, 2019
Thema:

Carried out Windows update and everything completely changed - Please Help

1. Carried out Windows update and everything completely changed - Please Help - Similar Threads - Carried update everything

2. I can’t exit out of this please help

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I can’t exit out of this please help: I’m stuck on a blue screen called “Do more with your voice” & I can’t exit out of it please help [IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-exit-out-of-this-please-help/6a562364-2f78-43b4-91dd-59c727e45789
  3. Sleep is Glitched Out! Please Help.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Sleep is Glitched Out! Please Help.: As can be seen in the Picture below, my sleep button is glitched out, it is moving left and right. This happens to occur anytime that I lock my PC. This isn't the only thing that happens. As soon as I see this, I know I need to restart my PC because I cant do anything unless...
  4. Windows Update Failure Help Please

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows Update Failure Help Please: It's possible this is an old thread, but would like fresh response(s) please. I have an Asus Flip laptop running Win 10 Home 64 bit. Recently, I've been having problems installing Windows updates, namely KB4015438. After doing some reading, I then tried downloading and...
  5. Windows 10 will not update, please help!

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 will not update, please help!: Hello All, I need some professional help please. Thank you first but foremost for helping me with my issue. I cannot update my windows 10. I have tried various troubleshooting steps but still am unsuccessful at it. Tried: > Downloading the troubleshooter for windows...
  6. Help with everything

in Windows 10 Support
    Help with everything: ever since i upgraded my volume button and wifi button are missing the start menu doesn't even pop up and i cant even remove edge from my taskbar... any idea of what to do? i'm honestly thinking of reverting. 13353
  7. Tried EVERYTHING - can't delete file. PLEASE HELP!

in Windows 10 Support
    Tried EVERYTHING - can't delete file. PLEASE HELP!: I've tried instruction after instruction and cannot delete a file. It's from a programme called Solidworks, and is left in the programme file called 3ds Light.otf. I've tried deleting in Safe mode Using deleting/unlocking utlities File Assassin and Unlocker Disabled...
  8. Tried everything to upgrade to Windows 10 but in vain. Please help.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Tried everything to upgrade to Windows 10 but in vain. Please help.: Hello, I would like to know if i can cancel my reservation from the Get Windows 10 app so that i don't get the prompt every now and then and then upgrade from a bootable media later on? I've tried all possible solution out there to upgrade my windows 8.1 to 10 but...
  9. Windows 10 interface has completely change - Please help

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 interface has completely change - Please help: Hi Not sure if this is the right area to post this as this is my fist time using the forums. I have not used my laptop in a couple of days and believe that in that time, it has auto updated and now the interface that I was used to (and loved) has completely changed....
  10. Changing format help please

in Windows 10 Support
    Changing format help please: How do I change the format of my forums? Every single one has changed format since I changed over to WIN10. My WIN7 PC died so I cannot give an example of how it looked before but it was more like a table than a spreadsheet. [img] Lots of thanks in advance *Smile 29542