Windows 10: case fan connectors

Discus and support case fan connectors in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; ASROCK Extreme 4 mobo i7-3770K 16 GB RAM My final build and almost done. The case has a 120mm fan that has both a 4-Pin molex connector and a 3-Pin... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by pcRat10, Feb 26, 2015.

1. pcRat10 Win User

case fan connectors

ASROCK Extreme 4 mobo i7-3770K 16 GB RAM
    My final build and almost done.

The case has a 120mm fan that has both a 4-Pin molex connector and a 3-Pin chassis fan connector

I'm thinking I only need to plug one in. The 4-pin connector will be continuous fan or the 3-pin connector will be intermittent fan controlled by mobo.

Is that right or would the 3-pin connector just be a thermostat if I plug them both in?

:)

pcRat10, Feb 26, 2015
  2. yepyep88 Win User

PC randomly restarting "A Fatal Hardware Error has Occurred. AMD Northbridge"

121917-24546-01.dmp

i m really afraid i don't have an extra fan lying around. my front case fan is an intake fan and my top/back case fan are exhaust fans. should i flip one of them to make them intake or something?

yepyep88, Feb 26, 2015
  3. HairyFool Win User
    HP Notebook air intake

The heatpipe radiator is sitting in the exhaust port of the fan so as far as the design goes this is the important airflow.

The fan is normally a snail case fan with a centre intake. If there is no entry port inboard of the exhaust port then the fan is most like intended to draw air internally from around the case as a whole with no defined entry point. Some have small holes
    spread around the base, other the majority of the air enters through the keyboard.

HairyFool, Feb 26, 2015
  4. case fan connectors

If the fan has a 4 pin Molex and a 3 pin plug then the molex plugs into a power supply plug and the 3 pin plug feeds rotation info to the motherboard. You may need to replace the fan with a 4 pin connector like this
    Cooler Master: PWM Fan 120mm

Indianatone, Feb 26, 2015
Thema:

case fan connectors

1. case fan connectors - Similar Threads - case fan connectors

2. Adding SSD 2.5" to laptop - Connector slot is taken to power a fan

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Adding SSD 2.5" to laptop - Connector slot is taken to power a fan: Hi, I have a Lenovo L340 17" model brand new laptop purchased from Very.co.uk around 9 months ago. I purchased this laptop on the assumption that I would be able to add an additional SSD in the standard 2.5" SSD slot which is present in the laptop. Unfortunately I have found...
  3. Adding SSD 2.5" to laptop - Connector slot is taken to power a fan

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Adding SSD 2.5" to laptop - Connector slot is taken to power a fan: Hi, I have a Lenovo L340 17" model brand new laptop purchased from Very.co.uk around 9 months ago. I purchased this laptop on the assumption that I would be able to add an additional SSD in the standard 2.5" SSD slot which is present in the laptop. Unfortunately I have found...
  4. Adding SSD 2.5" to laptop - Connector slot is taken to power a fan

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Case Fan Question For Desktop Machine

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Case Fan Question For Desktop Machine: Purchased a Noctua 120mm replacement exhaust fan for my Thermaltake V200 RGB case for the reason that i like Noctua fans, and figured probably cool better than the Stock 120mm Fan that came with case. Would it be wise to then place the former Stock 120mm Rear Exhaust fan as...
  6. 5 pin cpu fan header and 4 pin connector on the motherboard?

5 pin cpu fan header and 4 pin connector on the motherboard?: I swapped out the hardware from my dell optiplex 7020 Mt and put them onto a MSI B85-G43 GAMING motherboard everything seems to be working fine and then I figured out the curve ball dell throws at ya. For the cpu fan connector dell used a 5 pin connector and my msi...
  7. new case fans causing disconnecting and reconnecting of HDD

new case fans causing disconnecting and reconnecting of HDD: I bought 2 new case fans and installed them as soon as I turned on to test them out my HDD I have SSD for windows 10 keeps on disconnecting and reconnecting itself. I uninstalled the fans and still getting this issue. windows pop says to scan for errors for drive but can't...
  8. Front case 4 1/2" fan replacement

in Windows 10 Support
    Front case 4 1/2" fan replacement: Hi I have this question today, I want to replace the 4 1/2" fan in front of my case, the original one is making a bit of noise at startup. The original fan is a Coolermaster 12v 0.16 amps and it's connected through molex power directly, it has no control but it's a very...
  9. Case Fans Acting Weird

Case Fans Acting Weird: So the case fans on my system are a bit strange, they're both set with the exact same fan curve, both are PWM and are set to base their speed off of the CPU temps. When I first built the system, I knew I already had a bad fan header, because anything plugged into it was given...
  10. Case Fan rattles when I boot up

Case Fan rattles when I boot up: Hi, so whenever I boot up my PC, the fan next to the IO port rattles. I usually fix this by tapping the back of the case. Do I have to remount the fan or is there another way to fix it. I have an NZXT S340. Thanks 51716