Windows 10: Case of the mysterious empty no-path undeletable Folder ...

Discus and support Case of the mysterious empty no-path undeletable Folder ... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a blank folder that shows up on file explorer but I cannot delete it. I tried to find it in dos, registry. When I do right hand click for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Leoh48, Jan 27, 2021.

1. Leoh48 Win User

Case of the mysterious empty no-path undeletable Folder ...

I have a blank folder that shows up on file explorer but I cannot delete it. I tried to find it in dos, registry. When I do right hand click for context menu no name, information or tabs appear. Computer runs perfectly but this folder is annoying. How can I remove folder.

Case of the mysterious empty no-path undeletable Folder ... 6b921685-6d80-4282-90eb-c0b820984d5b?upload=true.png

:)

Leoh48, Jan 27, 2021
  2. dalchina Win User

Undeletable Folder Icon in File Explorer

You could try the fully functional Revo Pro trial uninstaller, monitor the installation of Boxcrypt, then uninstall it using the monitored data. That should be more complete.

Otherwise as you suggested (but back up the registry first) search and delete any occurrence of Boxcrypt remaining.

Searching the registry is most conveniently done with a 3rd party tool that searches the whole registry and lists finds, unlike regedit which stops after each find.
    E.g. OO regedit (free) - which includes an address bar (path)

Case of the mysterious empty no-path undeletable Folder ... [​IMG]

You can also use a freeware program such as
    Locate32
    Everything (void tools)
    Ultrasearch

- these quickly index every file and folder so you can do an instant search of your file system for Boxcrypt.
    I'd not know how to cope without these. (I prefer Locate32). Note- they don't index content.

dalchina, Jan 27, 2021
  3. sikm Win User
    All sorted....Case Closed

Linux sounds as if it might be the go. Would Puppy do?

4. Case of the mysterious empty no-path undeletable Folder ...

Deleting a Hidden Folder

Agreed.

Take note of the path to the mystery folder (the drive letter will be irrelevant):
    • Start a Live Linux CD/DVD/USB
    • Locate your Windows partition in the file manager
    • Navigate to the mystery folder
    • Delete it

lehnerus2000, Jan 27, 2021
Thema:

Case of the mysterious empty no-path undeletable Folder ...

1. Case of the mysterious empty no-path undeletable Folder ... - Similar Threads - Case mysterious empty

2. Undeletable folders

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Undeletable folders: Hi guys,I have installed Windows 11 and right after that, I set everything to go on another partition so my C: Disk be only for Windows and future updates, nothing else. On my other partition, these 3 folders appeared from nowhere from my new settings in...
  3. Undeletable folders

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Undeletable folders: Hi guys,I have installed Windows 11 and right after that, I set everything to go on another partition so my C: Disk be only for Windows and future updates, nothing else. On my other partition, these 3 folders appeared from nowhere from my new settings in...
  4. Mysterious Folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mysterious Folder: I have a sub-folder in My Documents named "Search". I did not create this folder, nor do I have any idea where it is coming from. When I try to delete it, I get a "Folder Access Denied" window that pops up and says "You'll need to provide administrator permission to delete...
  5. Undeletable Folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Undeletable Folder: There are a bunch of folders that have randomly appeared in my file explorer with no name or properties whatsoever. Nothing. Can't delete or rename them and the only options I have are to mark the folders as Read-only, Hidden, or Archive, but even then it just says the path...
  6. Undeletable folder

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Undeletable folder: Hello. I have been trying to delete a folder that is specifically filled with the file called image share. But no matter what I tried it won't delete and my computer would end up freezing.When I try to delete it, it would simply display...
  7. Undeletable Empty File - Help!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Undeletable Empty File - Help!: [ATTACH][ATTACH] [ATTACH] translating: Windows couldnt find the file The item is no longer located at location. Localize the item and try again. type : file Try again Cancel...
  8. Undeleted folder!

in Windows 10 Support
    Undeleted folder!: Probably after a chkdsk, a folder has been created in C. It has subfolders (50) and files (85). It's not matter of size, it's only 620KB. I just don't want it to exist! It can be renamed (- resist to delete -), cut, moved (not to a USB) but it can't be deleted. I can't...
  9. The Case of the Mysterious Cookies!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    The Case of the Mysterious Cookies!: I'm hoping that the experts that browse these pages can help. I'm running Windows 10 ver 1903. I use Firefox 68 for browsing and my default search engine is Google. Despite MS's best efforts I do not use Edge, nor do I use Bing. Even though I do not use Edge or Bing,...
  10. The Undeletable Folder

in Windows 10 Support
    The Undeletable Folder: Hi there. Yesterday there popped up a folder on my C: drive that is being absolutely stubborn and I can't get it deleted. Things I've tried so far: Select folder, press delete key Right click folder, select delete option Rebooted into safe mode to try and delete it...