Windows 10: Case sensitive DNS error

Discus and support Case sensitive DNS error in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, I upgraded to Windows 10 v1803 last night, and in general all worked well. However I could not remote desktop into my work laptop. I work from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by tp5harp, May 18, 2018.

1. tp5harp Win User

Case sensitive DNS error

Hi,

I upgraded to Windows 10 v1803 last night, and in general all worked well. However I could not remote desktop into my work laptop. I work from home, and it is easier if I dial in to my machine from my main pc (3 screens, nice desk etc.). After about an hour of trying to connect, I found that if I entered my laptop name in lowecase I could connect and remote desktop worked as it should.

I then tested a ping. If I ping my laptop in uppercase I get "Ping request could not find host". If I change any of the letters of my laptop name to lowercase it pings correctly. I have a number of other devices in my network, which I can ping in any case, it is just this machine that is the issue.

Now this of course is not a major issue, but I am just curious if anyone has come across this before and has any idea on what the cause may be.

Many thanks,

:)

tp5harp, May 18, 2018
  2. lacrumb Win User

Login captcha is case sensitive

All captcha are not only case sensitive but photo sensitive.

lacrumb, May 20, 2018
  3. Login captcha is case sensitive

I decided to test out if there's a way how to prevent any kind of login bruteforce by either a timeout period or a captcha.

I discovered that the captcha is case sensitive, even when the challenge is in all caps and there's not a warning informing the user that the captcha is case sensitive.

Case sensitive DNS error [​IMG]

Case sensitive DNS error [​IMG]

This might cause some headaches to users because they filled the captcha correctly, but the system will still think it's wrong because it's case sensitive.

*** Moderator's Note: Post moved to appropriate category. ***

ThunderySteak, May 20, 2018
Thema:

Case sensitive DNS error

1. Case sensitive DNS error - Similar Threads - Case sensitive DNS

2. Explorer in Windows 10 is not case sensitive, but in Windows 7 it is

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Explorer in Windows 10 is not case sensitive, but in Windows 7 it is: In explorer in Windows 10 when I try to rename a file by only changing the case e.g. from DOCUMENT.doc to document.doc, explorer just ignores the change and keeps the original filename. The only workaround I have found is to perform the rename in two steps as in from...
  3. Explorer in Windows 10 is not case sensitive, but in Windows 7 it is

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Explorer in Windows 10 is not case sensitive, but in Windows 7 it is: In explorer in Windows 10 when I try to rename a file by only changing the case e.g. from DOCUMENT.doc to document.doc, explorer just ignores the change and keeps the original filename. The only workaround I have found is to perform the rename in two steps as in from...
  4. Issues with case sensitive attributes on folders.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Issues with case sensitive attributes on folders.: After convert an old disk from FAT to NTFS, all folders in this disk has set case sensitive attributes on.In this computer no problem accessing this files and folders, but from another computer this disk is shared on my home network can't access.I find on internet a solution...
  5. Issues with case sensitive attributes on folders.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issues with case sensitive attributes on folders.: After convert an old disk from FAT to NTFS, all folders in this disk has set case sensitive attributes on.In this computer no problem accessing this files and folders, but from another computer this disk is shared on my home network can't access.I find on internet a solution...
  6. Issues with case sensitive attributes on folders.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Making the system disk case-sensitive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Making the system disk case-sensitive: Windows 10 allows you to set NTFS to case-sensitive on a per-folder basis using setCaseSensitiveInfo (powershell command). Question is: Is it safe to do this for the whole system disk? The reasoning is that although I don't care whether OS files are case-sensitive or not,...
  8. KB4535706 makes SSRS Report URL's Case Sensitive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    KB4535706 makes SSRS Report URL's Case Sensitive: Anyone else find that after the installation of KB4535706 that all of a sudden links to reports in SSRS might not work? We found out that the URL links are now Case Sensitive. So a URL link to ServerName\reports\reportname does not work while a URL link to...
  9. Is SCEP & Windows Defender exclusions are case sensitive ?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Is SCEP & Windows Defender exclusions are case sensitive ?: My i ask if SCEP & Windows defender exclusion is case sensitive? for example if i exclude C:\teabox.exe or C:\TeaBox.exe have the same behavior? Thanks Qian Ming Ji...
  10. How to search case-sensitive in Win10 file explorer?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to search case-sensitive in Win10 file explorer?: I found this articles: Search - Find More with Filters and Operators - Windows 7 Help Forums and Search - Find More with Filters and Operators 8 (eightforums.com) both tell us in part 2 how to fine tune search filters. What I can't find is the syntax to search...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 case sensitivity dns