Windows 10: Cast from laptop to TV with chromecast

Discus and support Cast from laptop to TV with chromecast in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have a Dell laptop with Windows 10. I have a Vizio smart TV with Chromecast attached. I am able to cast from my phone to the TV via Chromecast. How... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by RonGitlin, Sep 25, 2019.

1. RonGitlin Win User

Cast from laptop to TV with chromecast

I have a Dell laptop with Windows 10. I have a Vizio smart TV with Chromecast attached. I am able to cast from my phone to the TV via Chromecast. How can I cast from this laptop to the TV?

:)

RonGitlin, Sep 25, 2019
  2. Junaid_A Win User

Casting Photos to TV via Chromecast

Hi Donald,

Thank you for the reply.

Try the steps listed below to cast Desktop screen:

• Make sure the Chromecast is connected to the TV and both the devices are On.
    • Expand the Google Cast extension icon and select
      ‘Cast screen/window (experimental)’ option.
    • When prompted to cast entire screen,
      Accept and click on ‘Share’.
    • Open ‘Photos App’ to mirror photos on the PC.

You may search for an app that can cast your media to any
    Google Cast device on your favorite search engine, and install it from the Store.

Regards,

Junaid_A, Sep 25, 2019
  3. Casting Photos to TV via Chromecast

I'm afraid that I don't understand your instructions. Chromecast is connected to TV and TV and Chromecast are ON. I don't know what is meant by "Expand the Google Chromecast extension icon, so here's what I did.

1. Opened Chrome on PC.

2. Turned on TV and ensured Chromecast dongle is ON.

3. Set TV input source to Chromecast. Chromecast screen is displayed on TV.

4. Clicked on the orange icon at top right of Chrome screen, then clicked on the Cast selection.

5. Got the cast tab showing the TV, but nothing about a Cast screen/window option.

6. Gave up.

7. Started Chromecast app on PC. Shows TV as connected, but got nowhere regarding the Cast screen/window option there either.

I must be doing something wrong. Please provide additional instructions.

Donald Eager, Sep 25, 2019
  4. Cast from laptop to TV with chromecast

Casting Windows 10 desktop to TV using Chromecast

No problem. I think I've been doing exactly what you showed. However, I still can't get this to work. here is a description of the steps I take. Maybe you can see what I'm doing wrong.

1. Turn on TV.
    2. Using COMCAST remote, press TV Input button until “Video 3 Chromecast” is shown.
    3. Power up Surface.
    4. Start Chrome browser. Homepage displays.
    5. Click the menu icon (3 vertical dots) in the upper right of screen.
    6. Click Cast…
    7. Click Cast>Den TV
    8. Blue Cast icon is displayed at upper right.
    9. Click Sources.
    10. Select Cast Desktop. After this NOTHING happens. TV still display the Google homepage content.

Donald Eager, Sep 25, 2019
Thema:

Cast from laptop to TV with chromecast

1. Cast from laptop to TV with chromecast - Similar Threads - Cast laptop chromecast

2. Casting from HP Laptop to TV

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Casting from HP Laptop to TV: Hi guys.Is there any way I can cast from my Laptop to my TV?When I click cast on my laptop, it recognizes the TV, it connects to the TV, but the TV goes black.Anyone have any tips/ideas. All drivers on the Laptop are up to date as far as I know. Running Windows 11....
  3. Casting from HP Laptop to TV

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Casting from HP Laptop to TV: Hi guys.Is there any way I can cast from my Laptop to my TV?When I click cast on my laptop, it recognizes the TV, it connects to the TV, but the TV goes black.Anyone have any tips/ideas. All drivers on the Laptop are up to date as far as I know. Running Windows 11....
  4. Can't Cast from laptop to samsung tv

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't Cast from laptop to samsung tv: Can someone help me? I'm trying to do connect my PC to my tv and watch AmC plus by casting it to my TV samsung smart tv Q80 Series 65. However it isn't working I've tried multiple solutions that I have found online and it doesnt work. I have an XPS 15 Running windows 11.This...
  5. Cannot cast from laptop in WIndows 10 to my chromecast on tv.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cannot cast from laptop in WIndows 10 to my chromecast on tv.: All threads seem to be locked. New to WIndows 10 and I see no icon, no option to cast to my chromecast on tv from my laptop? Thankful that I have wireless and using no data. I was apple to use an app on android and cast to tv from a url, but cannot do it from my windows10...
  6. CASTING FROM LAPTOP TO TV

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    CASTING FROM LAPTOP TO TV: CASTING from laptop to TV begins well but pauses every 2 minutes. "Continue Watching"? appears on screen> unless I click YES, casting never resumes. Used to cast for hours until this week. CASTING...
  7. Microsoft Edge - Cast to TV from laptop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Microsoft Edge - Cast to TV from laptop: Hi, Upgraded laptop to Microsoft Edge as it was required for something I was working on. Since then I have been unable to cast media to my TV, something that I have been doing for years. Can't seem to find any basic straightforward advice on this but it does seem that...
  8. Casting PC to Chromecast

Casting PC to Chromecast: Is this possible and where do I find info on how to do this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/casting-pc-to-chromecast/8d41162b-3230-421c-ba7f-0f3d5f14917b
  9. Can I cast photos to TV using Chromecast?

Can I cast photos to TV using Chromecast?: I have pictures in Windows Pictures sub-folders and need to cast them to the TV. I tried to cast them using Chromecase but it didn’t work. I have my computer and TV on the same home network. Help, please....
  10. Casting Photos to TV via Chromecast

Casting Photos to TV via Chromecast: I have been trying for a long time to figure out how to cast photos from Windows Pictures sub-folders to my TV using Chromecast. I am able to cast other things but not this. When I right-click a photo in a Pictures sub-folder and then click "Cast to Device" I get "Searching"...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to cast dell laptop to tv

2. surface laptop 3 shows video but chrome cast has pauses

3. does my dell laptop computer cast to a smart tv with snartcasting