Windows 10: Cast or Duplicate laptop screen on TV

Discus and support Cast or Duplicate laptop screen on TV in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello I want to either duplicate or cast my laptop screen to my tv. I have acer spin 3 with windows 10 and Vizio smartTV. I have cast on google... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by dzigner, Jul 18, 2017.

1. dzigner Win User

Cast or Duplicate laptop screen on TV

Hello
    I want to either duplicate or cast my laptop screen to my tv. I have acer spin 3 with windows 10 and Vizio smartTV.
    I have cast on google Chrome, so from there I am able to cast to the TV. I have the cast button(link on right click), in Opera, but it does not work. Opera cannot find any Cast destinations.
    On Windows side, if I search for wireless display from notifications/project area, it does not find my TV. If I click Connect in the notifications area, it does not find my TV.
    The TV is listed under Other devices in my devices and printers settings, but is always disconnected.
    I have attached images for this.
    Please help,
    Cast or Duplicate laptop screen on TV [​IMG]

Cast or Duplicate laptop screen on TV [​IMG]

Thanks

:)

dzigner, Jul 18, 2017

2. Compatibility Check - Intel WIDI with Samsung Smart TV - UN55J620dafxza || Without Miracast Receiver

I have bought a new laptop and new Samsung TV and am trying to find out if I can cast my laptop screen to Samsung Smart TV "WITHOUT MIRACAST Receiver"

Laptop - HP 17.3'', I7 (6th Generation - Latest) 3.1 Ghz + 2 GB Nvedia Graphics + 16 GB Ram + Windows 10 (by default per installed)

and

TV Samsung - 55'' Smart LED HDTV 1080p (Not 4k) - Model - un55j620dafxza

1) In addition to above, Do I still have to buy Miracast receiver to cast my Laptop screen to TV, Wirelessly ? Or I can just cast my Laptop screen Directly without additional Miracast receiver?

2) When I Cast my Laptop screen to TV - Wirelessly - using the latest WIDI technology (6th Generation Intel processor), Does it take/consume by home WIFI bandwidth ? or this is just like a Bluetooth connection that does not consume my home internet for the
    screen cast

AlokGupta84, Jul 18, 2017
  3. Casting movies through Miracast

Hello,

I've got Miracast device connected to my TV and Windows 10 laptop.

Initially when I tried to cast any movies it's been opened through Cast Player, which allows to watch movies on TV and still work on my PC.

As I explored the system more and tried "Project" from Action Center the situation changed. Now I don't get the access to Cast Player and forced to choose between the cast modes: PC, duplicate, extend or second-screen.

If I try to disconnect from my cast-device and start to cast the movie from pop-up menu "Cast-player" appears, but only sometimes, and it is not really clear why. Most common situation that the whole system changes projection mode (usually to extend).

How to roll back to the initial situation and always cast my movies through "Cast player" without choosing any projection modes?

Thank you!

MontessoriSam, Jul 18, 2017
Thema:

Cast or Duplicate laptop screen on TV

1. Cast or Duplicate laptop screen on TV - Similar Threads - Cast Duplicate laptop

2. Microsoft Edge - Cast to TV from laptop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Microsoft Edge - Cast to TV from laptop: Hi, Upgraded laptop to Microsoft Edge as it was required for something I was working on. Since then I have been unable to cast media to my TV, something that I have been doing for years. Can't seem to find any basic straightforward advice on this but it does seem that...
  3. Casting to TV issues

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Casting to TV issues: I have rarely had success with Casting from Windows 10 to my smart TV so for years have used my Samsung Android Tablet and Chromecast. Now I want to try again, with both my Android Phone and PC. However, when I click Cast media to device ( in Tools) in Edge the response is...
  4. Duplicating my screen from Laptop to 32" TV

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Duplicating my screen from Laptop to 32" TV: I had it up and running then it just went off, uplugged HDMI and plugged it back in and the screen came on my TV for a short second and turned back off, TV stays on but no more duplicated screen, what do I do to fix it?...
  5. Cast from laptop to TV with chromecast

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cast from laptop to TV with chromecast: I have a Dell laptop with Windows 10. I have a Vizio smart TV with Chromecast attached. I am able to cast from my phone to the TV via Chromecast. How can I cast from this laptop to the TV?...
  6. Casting to TV

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Casting to TV: I see my TV Bluetooth and other devices but I can't connect to my Android TV, this has only happened since I reinstalled windows 10. I have tried everything that relates to connecting, the blue casting app in GC is showing blue...still nothing, so frustrating...
  7. Casting TV signal to computer

in Windows 10 Customization
    Casting TV signal to computer: I cannot cast TV to the computer, receiving an error message ‘ Connection to Device Failed’. I use Sony Bravia and the Device Manager can see it. I tried to update the drivers with no avail...
  8. Cannot Cast to Roku TV

Cannot Cast to Roku TV: Hi there, I know this is a subject that still has some grey areas, but I was recently trying to cast my windows 10 PC to my new roku TV and whenever I attempted to connect I always got the error message "Couldnt connect" after a few seconds of attempting to. my PC is a...
  9. Cast computer screen on the TV

Cast computer screen on the TV: I want to play a game and watch Netflix at the same time so I’d like to find out how to cast my computer screen on the TV. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cast-computer-screen-on-the-tv/93ca4eb8-393b-46d4-a45b-6431f29e90ab
  10. Will Casting laptop to tv burn image into tv?

in Windows 10 Support
    Will Casting laptop to tv burn image into tv?: I knew this for a while but I came to an assumption that this only happens when you have it plugged in via HDMI but I want to know weather this can happen wirelessly or not. 113613