Windows 10: Cast to Device/Amazon Fire Stick

Discus and support Cast to Device/Amazon Fire Stick in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, I've been trying several times to get this to work and I cannot. I have the amazon fire TV stick and windows 10 computer. I've tried right... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Arily, May 7, 2016.

1. Arily Win User

Cast to Device/Amazon Fire Stick

Hello, I've been trying several times to get this to work and I cannot. I have the amazon fire TV stick and windows 10 computer.
    I've tried right clicking a video and choosing cast to device and then amazon stick...I've tried playing the video in movies and TV app and clicking the three dots at the bottom right and selecting cast to device and choosing the amazon stick still won't work. The Amazon stick is in mirror mode as well. I've tried 3 different ways even downloaded DivX player.
    I'm not even sure I'm doing it correctly but I know searching google brings up a method that is not available anymore.

Any help appreciated.

EDIT: Adding additional info...Dxdiag says "Miracast: Not Supported by Graphics driver" I have an Nvidia Geforce GTX 745 fully updated graphics driver.

:)

Arily, May 7, 2016

2. mirroring windows 10 pc to samsung smart tv

First you'll need a computer that has mira-cast abilities, or you'll need to buy a dongle to plug in (similar to a Wireless HDMI video stick, or Chrome Cast, or the Amazon fire stick, etc). If your computer has it built-in, you're already there.

Shawn 'Cmdr' Keene [MVP], May 7, 2016
  3. Antores Win User
    Chromecast and Fire TV Stick not getting detected in Windows 10

I am trying to mirror my Windows 10 PC using both a Google Chromecast and the Amazon Fire Stick but my PC wouldn't see either device.

Please advise how to make these devices work to mirror/cast videos from my PC

Antores, May 7, 2016
Thema:

Cast to Device/Amazon Fire Stick

1. Cast to Device/Amazon Fire Stick - Similar Threads - Cast Device Amazon

2. Amazon Fire TV

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Amazon Fire TV: Hi everybody, If I mirror from W10 to the TV to see a movie after a short time the video from the TV freezes, I specify that if I do the same mirroring with an iPhone the problem does not exist. I tried to disable the windows firewall and avast antivirus but without success,...
  3. tv fire stick

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    tv fire stick: Can I connect my TV fire stick to my desk top? I am running windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/tv-fire-stick/4b8e888d-298f-4644-acae-04c81386eb95
  4. Multiple instances of Amazon Fire TV Stick appear in Bluetooth & Other Devices; only one is...

Multiple instances of Amazon Fire TV Stick appear in Bluetooth & Other Devices; only one is...: I have tediously deleted all the instances that are not connected. How do I prevent this from happening again? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/multiple-instances-of-amazon-fire-tv-stick-appear/0d563aec-2175-479e-a24f-16545949812f
  5. Amazon Fire Stick

Amazon Fire Stick: I had to disconnect and then re-connect my Amazon Firestick from my TV. Now, it cannot connect to the network no matter what I do. Has anyone had this problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/amazon-fire-stick/5ec8732e-2b85-4e47-a1f3-17fd1f2bed31
  6. Amazon Fire Stick

Amazon Fire Stick: Why is my amazon fire stick not connecting to my laptop when plugged in? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/amazon-fire-stick/71adb501-c3ac-44e1-9638-1654c1fc66d2
  7. fire stick

fire stick: can i connect a fire stick directly to the HDMI port on a dell laptop with windows 10, then how do i connect it to windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/fire-stick/3132bb1c-8029-42f1-a539-e4d73e65e720
  8. Restoring old apps / sideloading apps to Amazon fire TV / stick

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Restoring old apps / sideloading apps to Amazon fire TV / stick: Hi there. I had a problem recently with an updated version of VLC on Amazon fire TV -- was really bad compared with previous version -- especially if you like / use subtitles as the feature to load the subtitle from an external file when playing your own media has GONE...
  9. Warning Amazon Fire TV / Fire stick users DO NOT UPDATE VLC

Warning Amazon Fire TV / Fire stick users DO NOT UPDATE VLC: Hi there I know Amazon fire stick / fire TV is popular -- but if you use VLC for playing media from a NAS server / PC on to your remote TV using the Amazon fire stick / TV app DO NOT UPDATE (on the amazon device) to the latest version. Nothing wrong of course with VLC on a...
  10. Amazon Fire TV USB stick - PLEX media server

Amazon Fire TV USB stick - PLEX media server: Hi there. Does anybody know if the Amazon Fire TV usb stick will allow the PLEX media server to stream movies from your computer to the TV. I was thinking of getting one of these to use in a "Non smart" but USB capable TV. I can have PLEX running on the computer so can...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cast to device windows 10 amazon fire stick