Windows 10: Cast to Device not working - "Device is not responding"

Discus and support Cast to Device not working - "Device is not responding" in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, the cast to device function is not working on my laptop. Tried the "troubleshoot Hardware", "resetting network adapter", "Streaming setting on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by MelvinLing, Jul 23, 2020.

1. Cast to Device not working - "Device is not responding"

Hi, the cast to device function is not working on my laptop. Tried the "troubleshoot Hardware", "resetting network adapter", "Streaming setting on WMP". and it's still not working. I am able to select my TV when I right click on "Cast to Device", however the Cast to Device player that's loaded says "device is not responding".

I tried to do the same with another laptop and it worked.

:)

MelvinLing, Jul 23, 2020

2. Cast to Device not working - "Device is not responding"

Hi, the cast to device function is not working on my laptop. Tried the "troubleshoot Hardware", "resetting network adapter", "Streaming setting on WMP". and it's still not working. I am able to select my TV when I right click on "Cast to Device", however
    the Cast to Device player that's loaded says "device is not responding".

I tried to do the same with another laptop and it worked.

MelvinLing, Aug 4, 2020
  3. Nikorasu Win User
    Windows "Cast to Device" doesn't work.

This feature used to work along time ago, actually I can't recall when it last worked. I lost my last nerve with trying to use CyberLink PowerDVD to cast to my Sony Bravia TV because a video sometimes stops during the stream. I started copying the files to USB and than plugging directly into the TV. I just want Windows "Cast to Device" to work again like it used to. The error I get when trying to right click the file >"Cast to Device" > "Device Name" is "Device is not responding". I can cast using CyberLink, however Windows "Cast to Device" just won't work at all. I did every step here Cast to Device not working in Windows 10 yet "Cast to Device" still isn't working. I believe a Windows Update caused this, however I don't have any clue which one because this problem has been present for almost 2 years for me.

Cast to Device not working - "Device is not responding" [​IMG]

Nikorasu, Aug 4, 2020
  4. Rich 999 Win User

Cast to Device not working - "Device is not responding"

Cast to device function not working - Device is not responding error message in Windows 10

Recently upgraded to Windows 10.

I have enabled automatically allow devices to play my media in Media Player, allowed media streaming options to my device (Samsung HDTV) and verified that my Play and Projector Device (Samsung HDTV) is listed in Connected Devices settings.

When I try to cast to my Samsung HDTV I can see the device, I select it, but error message returned is "Device is not responding".

Same response whether I "right click" an AVI file, or press "Windows" key + "K" key while watching AVI file, or from a static screen.

Never had any problem with Casting in Win 8.1.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks

Rich 999, Aug 4, 2020
Thema:

Cast to Device not working - "Device is not responding"

1. Cast to Device not working - "Device is not responding" - Similar Threads - Cast Device working

2. Cast to Device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cast to Device: I have 3 Pioneer receivers, all of which are relatively new and supported the Cast to Device in Windows 10 and I used it often on all 3 receivers as well as my girlfriend's Pioneer receiver that is exactly like one of mine. They all stopped supporting the Cast to Device...
  3. Cast to Device

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cast to Device: I have 3 Pioneer receivers, all of which are relatively new and supported the Cast to Device in Windows 10 and I used it often on all 3 receivers as well as my girlfriend's Pioneer receiver that is exactly like one of mine. They all stopped supporting the Cast to Device...
  4. Cast to device not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cast to device not working: Hi everyone, I have HP laptop that runs Windows 11 and supports miracast, and Microsoft Surface GO 2 that runs on Windows 10 and also supports miracast. I've shared screen from my HP laptop to the Surface before, and it has been working fine. However, now it says that...
  5. Cast to device not working

Cast to device not working: Hi everyone, I have HP laptop that runs Windows 11 and supports miracast, and Microsoft Surface GO 2 that runs on Windows 10 and also supports miracast. I've shared screen from my HP laptop to the Surface before, and it has been working fine. However, now it says that...
  6. Cast to Device no longer working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cast to Device no longer working.: For over a year I have been downloading movies and casting them to my tv. My PC has always been able to see the other devices around it as well. About a week or 2 ago I tried to connect to wireless display to see if I could share my screen with my TV, didnt think it would...
  7. Cast to Device no longer working.

Cast to Device no longer working.: For over a year I have been downloading movies and casting them to my tv. My PC has always been able to see the other devices around it as well. About a week or 2 ago I tried to connect to wireless display to see if I could share my screen with my TV, didnt think it would...
  8. Cast to Device

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cast to Device: I plan on buying another receiver and I really want the Cast to Device feature like my relatively new Pioneer unit has. My question is how will I know if the receivers I'm thinking of purchasing have that feature? Is there a technical term I should look for? A...
  9. Cast to Device

Cast to Device: When I select a file; right click; I see my neighbors devices listed. Why is this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cast-to-device/1bf969b2-4eed-4367-9e4b-ce46153a4b04
  10. cast to device not working

cast to device not working: Since i got the windows 10 upgrade i can't cast to my Xbox one or smart tv it finds the devices but it doesn't load up. 10808