Windows 10: Cast to device not working on new HP laptop PC - Windows 10

Discus and support Cast to device not working on new HP laptop PC - Windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I am trying to cast a movie from my brand new laptop to my tv as I used to do with my old one, and can't get it to work. The option is not even there... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by bbwest, Jan 26, 2019.

1. bbwest Win User

Cast to device not working on new HP laptop PC - Windows 10

I am trying to cast a movie from my brand new laptop to my tv as I used to do with my old one, and can't get it to work.
    The option is not even there to right click when I hover over the file.
    I have tried every single one of the suggested fixes I found on this forum and also searching online, to no avail.
    I am so frustrated as this is a huge deal breaker if I am not able to use this feature I will just return the laptop and pick another one.
    I just can not believe I can't figure out what is the problem.
    Any help is appreciated, thank you.

:)

bbwest, Jan 26, 2019
  2. Jessen P Win User

windows 10 cast to device

Hi Steven,

• Do you get any error message when you try to cast the device?
    • Does the issue happen when you don't use cast to device, I mean when you are online?
    • Which device do you use to cast the content?
    If the issue happens only when you cast the device, the issue can be that of the casting device. In that case I would request you to execute the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with the Bluetooth adapter. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select
      Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top right to
      Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the
      view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.

• Restart your computer and check if the issue is resolved.

Hope this information is helpful. Thank you.

Jessen P, Jan 26, 2019
  3. Jelu Cal Win User
    Cast to device stopped working

Hi Dale,

Casting media files surely improves the experience. To better understand your issue, we'd like to know the following:

• The process that you performed to cast.
    • Error messages encountered on casting.
    • The device where you intend to cast.
    • The medium (Bluetooth or Wi-Fi) that you are using to cast.
    If you are using Windows Media Player to cast, you can check the steps provided by
    Vanessa Yar on this link. To restore your PC, you can check
    the steps via this
    link

We look forward to your response.

Regards.

Jelu Cal, Jan 26, 2019
  4. Cast to device not working on new HP laptop PC - Windows 10

Cast to device

Hello Julie,

For us to be able to isolate why your phone can't find devices while performing cast to device onto your Windows 10 PC, kindly answer these questions:

• Which Windows version is currently running on your phone?
    • Did you update your PC?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps that you've tried so far?

We will be waiting for your update.

Gerald Mal, Jan 26, 2019
Thema:

Cast to device not working on new HP laptop PC - Windows 10

1. Cast to device not working on new HP laptop PC - Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Cast device working

2. Cast to device not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cast to device not working: Hi everyone, I have HP laptop that runs Windows 11 and supports miracast, and Microsoft Surface GO 2 that runs on Windows 10 and also supports miracast. I've shared screen from my HP laptop to the Surface before, and it has been working fine. However, now it says that...
  3. Cast to device not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cast to device not working: Hi everyone, I have HP laptop that runs Windows 11 and supports miracast, and Microsoft Surface GO 2 that runs on Windows 10 and also supports miracast. I've shared screen from my HP laptop to the Surface before, and it has been working fine. However, now it says that...
  4. Casting from HP Laptop to TV

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Casting from HP Laptop to TV: Hi guys.Is there any way I can cast from my Laptop to my TV?When I click cast on my laptop, it recognizes the TV, it connects to the TV, but the TV goes black.Anyone have any tips/ideas. All drivers on the Laptop are up to date as far as I know. Running Windows 11....
  5. Casting from HP Laptop to TV

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Casting from HP Laptop to TV: Hi guys.Is there any way I can cast from my Laptop to my TV?When I click cast on my laptop, it recognizes the TV, it connects to the TV, but the TV goes black.Anyone have any tips/ideas. All drivers on the Laptop are up to date as far as I know. Running Windows 11....
  6. Cast to Device not working - "Device is not responding"

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cast to Device not working - "Device is not responding": Hi, the cast to device function is not working on my laptop. Tried the "troubleshoot Hardware", "resetting network adapter", "Streaming setting on WMP". and it's still not working. I am able to select my TV when I right click on "Cast to Device", however the Cast to Device...
  7. Windows "Cast to Device" doesn't work.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows "Cast to Device" doesn't work.: This feature used to work along time ago, actually I can't recall when it last worked. I lost my last nerve with trying to use CyberLink PowerDVD to cast to my Sony Bravia TV because a video sometimes stops during the stream. I started copying the files to USB and than...
  8. Windows "Cast to Device" doesn't work.

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows "Cast to Device" doesn't work.: This feature used to work along time ago, actually I can't recall when it last worked. I lost my last nerve with trying to use CyberLink PowerDVD to cast to my Sony Bravia TV because a video sometimes stops during the stream. I started copying the files to USB and than...
  9. Cast to Device is not working in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Cast to Device is not working in Windows 10: Today we are going to talk about the most basic and most used feature in Windows 10. Casting display on devices is one of the […] This article Cast to Device is not working in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  10. cast to device not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    cast to device not working: Since i got the windows 10 upgrade i can't cast to my Xbox one or smart tv it finds the devices but it doesn't load up. 10808

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cast to device in hp