Windows 10: Cast to device not working

Discus and support Cast to device not working in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi everyone, I have HP laptop that runs Windows 11 and supports miracast, and Microsoft Surface GO 2 that runs on Windows 10 and also supports... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by IliyaNikov, Sep 25, 2022.

1. Cast to device not working

Hi everyone, I have HP laptop that runs Windows 11 and supports miracast, and Microsoft Surface GO 2 that runs on Windows 10 and also supports miracast. I've shared screen from my HP laptop to the Surface before, and it has been working fine. However, now it says that protected content cannot be viewed on this device. I tried many things to get it running again including but not limited to: checking if the app is allowed through firewall, disabling the firewall, and resetting the Surface and nothing has worked so far. Can anybody help me with this situation?

:)

IliyaNikov, Sep 25, 2022

2. Cast to device not working in Windows 10 after upgrade from 8.1

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Please confirm a couple of things:

• Are you using Edge browser to cast the videos?
    • Is it specific to Edge browser?
    I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps:

• Open Edge browser and access the video which you want to cast to your TV.
    • Click on the Share icon on the top right hand corner of the browser.
    • Among the listed devices select your device and check if you're able to cast the video.

Hope this helps and please get back to us with the status of the issue so that we can assist you better.

Andria Maria Mendez, Sep 25, 2022
  3. Jelu Cal Win User
    Cast to device stopped working

Hi Dale,

Casting media files surely improves the experience. To better understand your issue, we'd like to know the following:

• The process that you performed to cast.
    • Error messages encountered on casting.
    • The device where you intend to cast.
    • The medium (Bluetooth or Wi-Fi) that you are using to cast.
    If you are using Windows Media Player to cast, you can check the steps provided by
    Vanessa Yar on this link. To restore your PC, you can check
    the steps via this
    link

We look forward to your response.

Regards.

Jelu Cal, Sep 25, 2022
  4. Jessen P Win User

Cast to device not working

windows 10 cast to device

Hi Steven,

• Do you get any error message when you try to cast the device?
    • Does the issue happen when you don't use cast to device, I mean when you are online?
    • Which device do you use to cast the content?
    If the issue happens only when you cast the device, the issue can be that of the casting device. In that case I would request you to execute the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with the Bluetooth adapter. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select
      Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top right to
      Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the
      view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.

• Restart your computer and check if the issue is resolved.

Hope this information is helpful. Thank you.

Jessen P, Sep 25, 2022
Thema:

Cast to device not working

1. Cast to device not working - Similar Threads - Cast device working

2. Cast to Device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cast to Device: I have 3 Pioneer receivers, all of which are relatively new and supported the Cast to Device in Windows 10 and I used it often on all 3 receivers as well as my girlfriend's Pioneer receiver that is exactly like one of mine. They all stopped supporting the Cast to Device...
  3. Cast to Device

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cast to Device: I have 3 Pioneer receivers, all of which are relatively new and supported the Cast to Device in Windows 10 and I used it often on all 3 receivers as well as my girlfriend's Pioneer receiver that is exactly like one of mine. They all stopped supporting the Cast to Device...
  4. Cast to device not working

Cast to device not working: Hi everyone, I have HP laptop that runs Windows 11 and supports miracast, and Microsoft Surface GO 2 that runs on Windows 10 and also supports miracast. I've shared screen from my HP laptop to the Surface before, and it has been working fine. However, now it says that...
  5. Cast to Device no longer working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cast to Device no longer working.: For over a year I have been downloading movies and casting them to my tv. My PC has always been able to see the other devices around it as well. About a week or 2 ago I tried to connect to wireless display to see if I could share my screen with my TV, didnt think it would...
  6. Cast to Device no longer working.

Cast to Device no longer working.: For over a year I have been downloading movies and casting them to my tv. My PC has always been able to see the other devices around it as well. About a week or 2 ago I tried to connect to wireless display to see if I could share my screen with my TV, didnt think it would...
  7. Cast to Device not working - "Device is not responding"

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cast to Device not working - "Device is not responding": Hi, the cast to device function is not working on my laptop. Tried the "troubleshoot Hardware", "resetting network adapter", "Streaming setting on WMP". and it's still not working. I am able to select my TV when I right click on "Cast to Device", however the Cast to Device...
  8. Cast to Device

Cast to Device: I plan on buying another receiver and I really want the Cast to Device feature like my relatively new Pioneer unit has. My question is how will I know if the receivers I'm thinking of purchasing have that feature? Is there a technical term I should look for? A...
  9. Cast to Device

Cast to Device: When I select a file; right click; I see my neighbors devices listed. Why is this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cast-to-device/1bf969b2-4eed-4367-9e4b-ce46153a4b04
  10. cast to device not working

cast to device not working: Since i got the windows 10 upgrade i can't cast to my Xbox one or smart tv it finds the devices but it doesn't load up. 10808