Windows 10: Cast to device stopped working after over a year March 2017

Discus and support Cast to device stopped working after over a year March 2017 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I just had an issue with Windows 10. I've used "Cast to device" for over a year and had no problems. A few days ago it failed to connect with my smart... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by misterbroon, Mar 20, 2017.

1. Cast to device stopped working after over a year March 2017

I just had an issue with Windows 10. I've used "Cast to device" for over a year and had no problems. A few days ago it failed to connect with my smart TV (Panasonic AX800). I tried all sort of fixes, all useless. Then I latched onto the idea that Microsoft was the problem. I looked at the updates that were automatically loaded when the computer was idle. I rolled back the last two windows security updates 15th and 19th March 2017 (One of which was KB4013429 on 15th, didn't get the KB No. of the 19th) and restarted my PC - TaDahh! Cast to device is perfect again. I also right clicked on the windows button / computer management / services and disabled windows update. that way I have control of what is updated on my PC...
    Cast to device stopped working after over a year March 2017 [​IMG]

:)

misterbroon, Mar 20, 2017

2. Cast to device stopped working

Cast to device stopped working in Windows 10 around the middle of March. I believe it was on March 17, 2017. I have updated all of the device drivers for video and everything else I could think of. It is NOT the video drivers. I tried to do a system
    restore to a point before that date, but the system just hangs and will not complete the restore, and now all of the restore points before the 18th of March have disappeared. Is there anything that has been found to restore my cast to device?

DaleYarbrough Jr, Mar 20, 2017
  3. Cannot cast from Windows 10 to Anyview cast Smart TV

according to Hisense customer support "Anyview Cast" only works with jellybean android (4.2.2) or lower (yes on 2017). they also insist that you connect your device via HDMI. the only viable option here will be to contact Hisense directly and request they
    upgrade their firmware to include compatibility with windows 10 etc...! TV works fine for except not being able to connect with "Anyview Cast" and windows 10, and my TV was manufactured on march of 2017. like one will think that this company would have thought
    of windows 10 compatibility when coding the firmware. fingers crossed for a timely solution. good luck..!

RonaldPadilla149, Mar 20, 2017
  4. fast96 Win User

Cast to device stopped working after over a year March 2017

I have the exact same problem. While it may not seem important to some, I use this feature very often. I also tried all the fixes I could find on the internet, no joy. I have an old laptop that still works, so it's not the network. That laptop was also updated with those updates. My desktop and a newer laptop will NOT connect to device for videos but will play the sample music in Windows Media Player to my LG tv. Weird, but it is annoying that microsoft hasn't addressed it yet.

fast96, Mar 23, 2017
  5. Bree New Member
    @misterbroon and @fast96,

Cast to Device was one of the features to be broken by the March 14th Cumulative Update KB4013429, Windows 10 Build 14393.953. Anything that required the MPEG-2 codec was broken. Films & TV, Media Player and the Microsoft DVD Player also failed.

This was fixed in the cumulative update released a week later on 22nd March.
    Cumulative Update KB4015438 for Windows 10 v1607 Build 14393.969

Run Winnver to see what build you are on. If it's .953 you need to check for updates and get the latest CU for build .969.

6. fast96 Win User
    Thanks for the reply. I will get on that later today and confirm. I just downloaded and installed SmartShare which is LGs streaming windows app. It works fine. But I really like the cast to device better.*Smile

fast96, Mar 23, 2017
  7. Bree New Member
    Welcome to TenForums. You should find .969 fixes it for you, it did for me.

8. fast96 Win User

I guess I just needed to be patient. LOL Updated a PC and a laptop to the".969" and all is well again.*Wink

fast96, Mar 23, 2017
  9. bro67 Win User
    I have had it happen with Chrome and the NVIDIA Shield that I have, which every now and then ends up not working when the system process crashes right after an update on the Shield.

bro67, Mar 24, 2017
  10. Hi Bree, just for clarity, it's winver with one "n" I ran it and has build 14393.0. Do I download the troublesome .429, then apply .963 over it, a bit confused here

misterbroon, Mar 25, 2017
  11. jimbo45 Win User
    Hi there

Windows updates are cumulative -- you only need (unless explicitly stated) to apply the latest update.

Windows update should in theory do it automatically -- installing any "Pre-reqs" before doing the main update.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Cast to device stopped working after over a year March 2017 - Similar Threads - Cast device stopped

2. Cast to device not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cast to device not working: Hi everyone, I have HP laptop that runs Windows 11 and supports miracast, and Microsoft Surface GO 2 that runs on Windows 10 and also supports miracast. I've shared screen from my HP laptop to the Surface before, and it has been working fine. However, now it says that...
  3. Cast to device not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cast to device not working: Hi everyone, I have HP laptop that runs Windows 11 and supports miracast, and Microsoft Surface GO 2 that runs on Windows 10 and also supports miracast. I've shared screen from my HP laptop to the Surface before, and it has been working fine. However, now it says that...
  4. Cast to Device no longer working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cast to Device no longer working.: For over a year I have been downloading movies and casting them to my tv. My PC has always been able to see the other devices around it as well. About a week or 2 ago I tried to connect to wireless display to see if I could share my screen with my TV, didnt think it would...
  5. Cast to Device no longer working.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cast to Device no longer working.: For over a year I have been downloading movies and casting them to my tv. My PC has always been able to see the other devices around it as well. About a week or 2 ago I tried to connect to wireless display to see if I could share my screen with my TV, didnt think it would...
  6. Cast to Device not working after Windows update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cast to Device not working after Windows update: Hello. Cast to device stopped working on my PC after Windows update. When I try to cast MP4 or mkv files to my TV it says "Media is not supported by device" It also says "The device requires a codec that supports this media format"...
  7. Cast to Device not working - "Device is not responding"

Cast to Device not working - "Device is not responding": Hi, the cast to device function is not working on my laptop. Tried the "troubleshoot Hardware", "resetting network adapter", "Streaming setting on WMP". and it's still not working. I am able to select my TV when I right click on "Cast to Device", however the Cast to Device...
  8. Cast to device - Xbox one stopped working after Windows update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cast to device - Xbox one stopped working after Windows update: So Cast to Device for my xbox has just stopped working after the update yesterday which is infuriating as it feels like after every update something else goes wrong. I try to cast to xbox like normal and rather than opening the Films & TV app on the xbox, it just sends me to...
  9. Cast to TV stopped working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cast to TV stopped working: So I have been able to cast to my samsung tv up until a few weeks ago where it won't connect. The TV will say "connecting to pc" but then it will lose that message, stay as it currently is and windows 10 will have the "connect to samsung tv" bar at the top of the screen but...
  10. cast to device not working

cast to device not working: Since i got the windows 10 upgrade i can't cast to my Xbox one or smart tv it finds the devices but it doesn't load up. 10808