Windows 10: Cast to device

Discus and support Cast to device in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Ever since the new update Windows 10 Home version 1903 I have lost the ability to cast video to my tv. Dont even have the option to click it..... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JeffR808, Jun 2, 2019.

1. JeffR808 Win User

Cast to device

Ever since the new update Windows 10 Home version 1903

I have lost the ability to cast video to my tv.

Dont even have the option to click it..

Any ideas?

Thanks

Jeff

:)

JeffR808, Jun 2, 2019
  2. Jessen P Win User

windows 10 cast to device

Hi Steven,

• Do you get any error message when you try to cast the device?
    • Does the issue happen when you don't use cast to device, I mean when you are online?
    • Which device do you use to cast the content?
    If the issue happens only when you cast the device, the issue can be that of the casting device. In that case I would request you to execute the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with the Bluetooth adapter. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select
      Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top right to
      Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the
      view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.

• Restart your computer and check if the issue is resolved.

Hope this information is helpful. Thank you.

Jessen P, Jun 2, 2019
  3. Cast to device not working in Windows 10 after upgrade from 8.1

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Please confirm a couple of things:

• Are you using Edge browser to cast the videos?
    • Is it specific to Edge browser?
    I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps:

• Open Edge browser and access the video which you want to cast to your TV.
    • Click on the Share icon on the top right hand corner of the browser.
    • Among the listed devices select your device and check if you're able to cast the video.

Hope this helps and please get back to us with the status of the issue so that we can assist you better.

Andria Maria Mendez, Jun 2, 2019
  4. Cast to device

No Cast to media device button in menu

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand that you wish to cast media to device from Microsoft Edge.

• What build are you working on?
    Let us try the following steps, and check if it helps.

• On Microsoft Edge, open the website that contains the media (ex: video, picture, audio) that you want to cast.

• Click on the More Actions (. . .) at the top right.

• Click on Cast media to device.

• Windows will now try to connect to your network and detect your Miracast device.

• Click on the Miracast or DLNA device you want to cast to.

• Windows will now connect and cast to your Miracast device.
    Hope it helps.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with the issue. We are glad to assist you.

Abdul_Malik, Jun 2, 2019
Thema:

Cast to device

1. Cast to device - Similar Threads - Cast device

2. Why does Cast to Device show up several times in firewall on both public and private domains?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does Cast to Device show up several times in firewall on both public and private domains?: My firewall shows cast to device serval times? Why is this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-cast-to-device-show-up-several-times-in/749c8c8b-5405-4d8b-a34c-a4b0a778c453
  3. Why does Cast to Device show up several times in firewall on both public and private domains?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does Cast to Device show up several times in firewall on both public and private domains?: My firewall shows cast to device serval times? Why is this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-cast-to-device-show-up-several-times-in/749c8c8b-5405-4d8b-a34c-a4b0a778c453
  4. How to make Cast to Device the default Audio Output? Location of Cast to Device?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to make Cast to Device the default Audio Output? Location of Cast to Device?: I want to associate audio files, such as .mp3 and .wav with Cast to Device app. in other words, to make Cast to Device the default audio output.The volume and sound quality is higher when using Cast to Device, than Line Out cable connection.I could Cast to Device files with a...
  5. How to make Cast to Device the default Audio Output? Location of Cast to Device?

How to make Cast to Device the default Audio Output? Location of Cast to Device?: I want to associate audio files, such as .mp3 and .wav with Cast to Device app. in other words, to make Cast to Device the default audio output.The volume and sound quality is higher when using Cast to Device, than Line Out cable connection.I could Cast to Device files with a...
  6. How to make Cast to Device the default Audio Output? Location of Cast to Device?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Not able to screen cast to other devices

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not able to screen cast to other devices: My device supports miracast as per DxDiag. I have AMD GPU, already installed the latest driver, also updated the windows to latest version. on casting setting it is still showing that my device does not support miracast.Previously it used to work fine....
  8. Not able to screen cast to other devices

Not able to screen cast to other devices: My device supports miracast as per DxDiag. I have AMD GPU, already installed the latest driver, also updated the windows to latest version. on casting setting it is still showing that my device does not support miracast.Previously it used to work fine....
  9. Win11 cast to TV: unable to search for any wireless devices

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win11 cast to TV: unable to search for any wireless devices: In System - Display - Multiple Monitors - Detect Other Monitors, it always says that other monitors cannot be found.In the same environment, with the same WiFi, and the same TV, a Win10 laptop can be cast to the TV without any connection problems. However, my Win11 desktop...
  10. Win11 cast to TV: unable to search for any wireless devices

Win11 cast to TV: unable to search for any wireless devices: In System - Display - Multiple Monitors - Detect Other Monitors, it always says that other monitors cannot be found.In the same environment, with the same WiFi, and the same TV, a Win10 laptop can be cast to the TV without any connection problems. However, my Win11 desktop...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 cast to device sony x900 device not