Windows 10: Cast to Device

Discus and support Cast to Device in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; [ATTACH] I am facing this problem since the last windows update (IF that is the problem) Or after I used the pc connected with an HDMI to the TV. So... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by TonyGrant1414, Aug 17, 2018.

1. Cast to Device

Cast to Device 2617fd32-470f-4a1d-9837-25f453a9fc7d?upload=true.png

I am facing this problem since the last windows update (IF that is the problem) Or after I used the pc connected with an HDMI to the TV.

So I have tried to reset streaming options in Media Player and that didn't change anything. I have also checked the Services It used and they all run as they should. At this point, I have no idea what it is causing the problem which is why I am seeking help here.

I am using Windows 10 Pro.

:)

TonyGrant1414, Aug 17, 2018
  2. Jessen P Win User

windows 10 cast to device

Hi Steven,

• Do you get any error message when you try to cast the device?
    • Does the issue happen when you don't use cast to device, I mean when you are online?
    • Which device do you use to cast the content?
    If the issue happens only when you cast the device, the issue can be that of the casting device. In that case I would request you to execute the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with the Bluetooth adapter. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select
      Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top right to
      Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the
      view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.

• Restart your computer and check if the issue is resolved.

Hope this information is helpful. Thank you.

Jessen P, Aug 17, 2018
  3. Cast to device not working in Windows 10 after upgrade from 8.1

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Please confirm a couple of things:

• Are you using Edge browser to cast the videos?
    • Is it specific to Edge browser?
    I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps:

• Open Edge browser and access the video which you want to cast to your TV.
    • Click on the Share icon on the top right hand corner of the browser.
    • Among the listed devices select your device and check if you're able to cast the video.

Hope this helps and please get back to us with the status of the issue so that we can assist you better.

Andria Maria Mendez, Aug 17, 2018
  4. Cast to Device

Cast to device

Hello Julie,

For us to be able to isolate why your phone can't find devices while performing cast to device onto your Windows 10 PC, kindly answer these questions:

• Which Windows version is currently running on your phone?
    • Did you update your PC?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps that you've tried so far?

We will be waiting for your update.

Gerald Mal, Aug 17, 2018
Thema:

Cast to Device

1. Cast to Device - Similar Threads - Cast Device

2. Cast to Device not working after Windows update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cast to Device not working after Windows update: Hello. Cast to device stopped working on my PC after Windows update. When I try to cast MP4 or mkv files to my TV it says "Media is not supported by device" It also says "The device requires a codec that supports this media format"...
  3. Media Player - Cast to Device

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Media Player - Cast to Device: New problem. When I 'Cast to Device' an entire album, previously used to play all tracks, but now only plays one track, then I need to manually hit the play button in the 'Cast to Device Window' to move to the next track. I want the whole album to play automatically....
  4. all browswes fail to find devices for Casting

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    all browswes fail to find devices for Casting: Casting from explorer in win 10 works fine tv shows TV (using T-Cast) as device and will cast media to tv just fine. However Edge,Chrome, Brave, Opera etc. report "device not found" even with casting of media is actually occuring via "Explorer " or app program "Popcorn Time"...
  5. How do I use this android setup box as a proper casting device?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I use this android setup box as a proper casting device?: I have a android setup box, from a company called jio. You cant install any third party apps on it. And also keep in there isnt a pre-installed interface/software in the setup box itself for casting. The why do i have even the slightest hope of it ever working as a casting...
  6. Cast to Device not working - "Device is not responding"

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cast to Device not working - "Device is not responding": Hi, the cast to device function is not working on my laptop. Tried the "troubleshoot Hardware", "resetting network adapter", "Streaming setting on WMP". and it's still not working. I am able to select my TV when I right click on "Cast to Device", however the Cast to Device...
  7. Windows 10 "cast to device" not showing up when I right click on a media file.

Windows 10 "cast to device" not showing up when I right click on a media file.: I have videos i want to stream from my laptop to my tv and also my roku. Normally I would right click these files and "cast to" would be in the drop down menu and I would select what devices I wanted to cast it to. But "cast to" isnt showing up. My media streaming options are...
  8. "Cast to Device" feature

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    "Cast to Device" feature: When I right click on media music, video, or picture, it gives me the option of casting to devices I don't own they must belong to my neighbors. The devices say "Roku, Samsung 6 series, DESKTOP, Fire TV Stick, [TV] UNFF. My questions are: 1. If I click on a device, will...
  9. "Cast to device" Problems

"Cast to device" Problems: Sometimes I try to cast from my Win 10 laptop to my LG TV and the cast menu shows my tv and I click on it, my laptop goes black and the movie plays on the TV with good audio. Great. Other times, I go to cast and I see my tv listed in the "cast to device" menu twice. If I...
  10. Cast to device - Xbox one stopped working after Windows update

Cast to device - Xbox one stopped working after Windows update: So Cast to Device for my xbox has just stopped working after the update yesterday which is infuriating as it feels like after every update something else goes wrong. I try to cast to xbox like normal and rather than opening the Films & TV app on the xbox, it just sends me to...