Windows 10: CAST

Discus and support CAST in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; CAN YOU CST TO TV AND WATCH NETFLIX AND STILL PLAY GAMES https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cast/2e9d5582-2944-4569-8db9-8125ec930ac6 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Sandy Wade, Nov 29, 2018.

1. CAST

CAN YOU CST TO TV AND WATCH NETFLIX AND STILL PLAY GAMES

:)

Sandy Wade, Nov 29, 2018
  2. JAO913 Win User

Windows Media Player 12 Not Casting

Hello. I have the same problem as the original poster. I am able to cast individual songs to Marantz receiver, but I cannot cast playlists.

Here are some additional details. I have Windows 10 and WMP12.

To cast a song in WMP12 I do the following:

1. right click song

2. select "Cast to Device"

3. select Marantz receiver (I have other device which also appear on list of options to cast to)

When I right click a playlist, and select "Cast to Device", the only option that comes up is "Cast to Device". In other words, "cast to device" appears a second time, none of my devices appear as in step 3 above when only trying to cast an individual song.

I also, after applying the suggest resolutions noted in the posts above, I tried creating a new test playlist, but I couldn't cast that playlist either.

Are there any additional steps I can take to resolve this?

Thank you.

JAO913, Nov 29, 2018
  3. Jeddie Win User
    Unable to Cast to Device to my Smart TV

Thanks Bree.

The other similar thread to this says 'Cast to' used to work to a Samsung TV but now it doesn't. This would imply something is 'wrong' with our Win 10?

Can anyone suggest some more troubleshooting steps to try to determine what the issue is?

Jeddie, Nov 29, 2018
  4. CAST

Cast to device not working in Windows 10 after upgrade from 8.1

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Please confirm a couple of things:

• Are you using Edge browser to cast the videos?
    • Is it specific to Edge browser?
    I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps:

• Open Edge browser and access the video which you want to cast to your TV.
    • Click on the Share icon on the top right hand corner of the browser.
    • Among the listed devices select your device and check if you're able to cast the video.

Hope this helps and please get back to us with the status of the issue so that we can assist you better.

Andria Maria Mendez, Nov 29, 2018
Thema:

CAST

1. CAST - Similar Threads - CAST

2. Can no longer cast to Laptop "Protected content can't be view on this device" even with...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can no longer cast to Laptop "Protected content can't be view on this device" even with...: When i had 1st purchased my laptop [Gigabyte G5 MF, i5-12450H, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4050] in October 2023 & after adding the app to project/cast i could connect my Xiaomi M11 Ultra mobile phone with no problems. Then some months ago i could no longer do this & the end result...
  3. Can no longer cast to Laptop "Protected content can't be view on this device" even with...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can no longer cast to Laptop "Protected content can't be view on this device" even with...: When i had 1st purchased my laptop [Gigabyte G5 MF, i5-12450H, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4050] in October 2023 & after adding the app to project/cast i could connect my Xiaomi M11 Ultra mobile phone with no problems. Then some months ago i could no longer do this & the end result...
  4. Windows 11 will not allow me to cast from my NEW HP laptop to my TV. It worked fine under...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 will not allow me to cast from my NEW HP laptop to my TV. It worked fine under...: Nothing I do on my new HP Pavilion with Windows 11 Home will allow me to cast movies to my TV. The TV is on the same network. When I want to watch a movie, and I try to cast it, it shows up on the TV name, time line, etc for about 8 seconds while buffering and then nothing...
  5. Windows 11 will not allow me to cast from my NEW HP laptop to my TV. It worked fine under...

Windows 11 will not allow me to cast from my NEW HP laptop to my TV. It worked fine under...: Nothing I do on my new HP Pavilion with Windows 11 Home will allow me to cast movies to my TV. The TV is on the same network. When I want to watch a movie, and I try to cast it, it shows up on the TV name, time line, etc for about 8 seconds while buffering and then nothing...
  6. the best way to cast a movie from my computer womdpws 10 pro with all updates. to my Tv....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    the best way to cast a movie from my computer womdpws 10 pro with all updates. to my Tv....: what's the best way to cast a movie from my computer womdpws 10 pro with all updates. to my Tv. Both are connected via wifi cable through a switch....
  7. the best way to cast a movie from my computer womdpws 10 pro with all updates. to my Tv....

the best way to cast a movie from my computer womdpws 10 pro with all updates. to my Tv....: what's the best way to cast a movie from my computer womdpws 10 pro with all updates. to my Tv. Both are connected via wifi cable through a switch....
  8. the best way to cast a movie from my computer womdpws 10 pro with all updates. to my Tv....

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  9. need help with casting from pc to tv, just stopped casting for no reason that I can find

in Windows 10 Gaming
    need help with casting from pc to tv, just stopped casting for no reason that I can find: I've been casting from my win 11 pc to my lg web os tv without any issues for over two years now. all of a sudden windows has decided that is can no longer find my lg tv 1, I can cast to my other lg tv2 but not to my main one1. I can cast to tv1 with my android phone. Is...
  10. need help with casting from pc to tv, just stopped casting for no reason that I can find

need help with casting from pc to tv, just stopped casting for no reason that I can find: I've been casting from my win 11 pc to my lg web os tv without any issues for over two years now. all of a sudden windows has decided that is can no longer find my lg tv 1, I can cast to my other lg tv2 but not to my main one1. I can cast to tv1 with my android phone. Is...