Windows 10: Casting audio to DLNA device from the command line

Discus and support Casting audio to DLNA device from the command line in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, I'm attempting to setup my workstation to act as a wakeup clock. So far I've successfully scheduled a task with Task Scheduler which wakes up... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by duncangravill, Oct 6, 2019.

1. Casting audio to DLNA device from the command line

Hello,

I'm attempting to setup my workstation to act as a wakeup clock. So far I've successfully scheduled a task with Task Scheduler which wakes up the system and starts playing music, though it doesn't cast the music.

Now I would like to develop this further by casting music to a DLNA audio renderer (DLNA speakers) upon wake.

In explorer it's possible to select a list of music in a folder and right click on the selection and follow the 'cast to' menu item to cast the music to the speakers, however I'd like to do this from the command line so that I can run the command line script from the tast scheduled in Task Scheduler.

How can this be done? Is it possible??

:)

duncangravill, Oct 6, 2019

2. Casting audio to DLNA device from the command line

Hello,

I'm attempting to setup my workstation to act as a wakeup clock. So far I've successfully scheduled a task with Task Scheduler which wakes up the system and starts playing music, though it doesn't cast the music.

Now I would like to develop this further by casting music to a DLNA audio renderer (DLNA speakers) upon wake.

In explorer it's possible to select a list of music in a folder and right click on the selection and follow the 'cast to' menu item to cast the music to the speakers, however I'd like to do this from the command line so that I can run the command line script from the tast scheduled in Task Scheduler.

How can this be done? Is it possible??

duncangravill, Oct 6, 2019
  3. dalchina Win User
    Casting audio to DLNA device from the command line

Just a thought - VLC player has casting capability (well, to Chromecast), and extensive command line support, so there may be a way with that. You could ask on their forum.
    VLC command-line help - VideoLAN Wiki

dalchina, Oct 6, 2019
  4. ARI
    Ari Win User

Native Windows support for audio casting / streaming to WiFi Speakers

For casting video or audio, Windows 10 supports casting to DLNA compatible devices from the Cast To menu.

There are purportedly hundreds of devices that allow streaming via DLNA compatibility, such as Playstation 4, and some Sonos audio devices.

You can follow steps to do that from this website, as an example.

edit removed Bluetooth option as it is not a WiFi standard.

Thema:

1. Casting audio to DLNA device from the command line - Similar Threads - Casting audio DLNA

2. How to make Cast to Device the default Audio Output? Location of Cast to Device?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to make Cast to Device the default Audio Output? Location of Cast to Device?: I want to associate audio files, such as .mp3 and .wav with Cast to Device app. in other words, to make Cast to Device the default audio output.The volume and sound quality is higher when using Cast to Device, than Line Out cable connection.I could Cast to Device files with a...
  3. How to make Cast to Device the default Audio Output? Location of Cast to Device?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to make Cast to Device the default Audio Output? Location of Cast to Device?: I want to associate audio files, such as .mp3 and .wav with Cast to Device app. in other words, to make Cast to Device the default audio output.The volume and sound quality is higher when using Cast to Device, than Line Out cable connection.I could Cast to Device files with a...
  4. How to make Cast to Device the default Audio Output? Location of Cast to Device?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Cast to Device not working for audio - Media Player

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cast to Device not working for audio - Media Player: I use Cast to device to stream audio playlists to my Hi-Fi using an Audiogenie b1 receiver to play background music.I can then still use my PC Speakers for other audio.This has worked well for many years with my Dell XPS850 - Windows 10 - Media Player.I select Cast to Device,...
  6. Cast to Device not working for audio - Media Player

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cast to Device not working for audio - Media Player: I use Cast to device to stream audio playlists to my Hi-Fi using an Audiogenie b1 receiver to play background music.I can then still use my PC Speakers for other audio.This has worked well for many years with my Dell XPS850 - Windows 10 - Media Player.I select Cast to Device,...
  7. Command line commands

in Windows 10 Customization
    Command line commands: I would like to create a shortcut on the desktop using a command in a .bat file. I would like to specify what icon file to use, what program to execute, and the parameters to pass to the program. I have researched MKLINK but I don't think it will do the job. Any...
  8. Command Line

Command Line: I am attempting to copy and entire directory from one HDD to another, by keep getting an error of "Invalid umber of parameters." The file path to the Directory is as follows: G:\Users\USERNAME\Desktop\OLD OS FOLDER The destination folder is C:\OLDOS Can someone PLEASE...
  9. Command Line

Command Line: Hello sir. I am using windows 10 64bit. Earlier the netsat command use to work but it doesnt work now. whenever i try this command it displa an error. C:\>netstat 'netstat' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file. i have tried...
  10. Running a Command Line Command From a File Automatically

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Running a Command Line Command From a File Automatically: I have the following commands which need to be run in the command line: sc.exe config wuauserv start= disabled sc.exe stop wuauserv I want to create a file which, when launched, opens the command line, sends the above commands to the command line, and then closes the...