Windows 10: casting from toshiba laptop to blu-ray player

Discus and support casting from toshiba laptop to blu-ray player in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; how do i cast from my laptop to an lg-bdp blu-ray player... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Stephanie_Nelson, Jan 28, 2019.

1. casting from toshiba laptop to blu-ray player

how do i cast from my laptop to an lg-bdp blu-ray player

:)

Stephanie_Nelson, Jan 28, 2019
  2. swarfega Win User
    swarfega, Jan 28, 2019
  3. Blu-Ray player not playing

I have a new build of a Windows 10 desktop. I am trying to play a blu-ray disc using VLC player. The region is set to Region 1 in the properties of the drive on device manager. VLC brings up a window stating "This Disc will not play due to the region code
    setting of the player".

It is a region A blu-ray disc. In the properties, everything about the drive is referred to as CD or DVD and the region code has to be entered as a number, which is for DVD. I have tried uninstalling and restarting, and the driver that gets reloaded is HL-DT-ST
    BD-RE WH14NS40.

I see no way to enter the region code in letter form which is the format for blu-ray.

Is there a way to change the 'device description' from CD-ROM Drive to Blu-Ray Drive?

The player is definitely a blu-ray player and plays discs that are region-free, but will not play a blu-ray disc for region A.

user4598QW, Jan 28, 2019
  4. JimWynne Win User

casting from toshiba laptop to blu-ray player

Blu-ray support?

WMP can't do DVD video anymore, and there was never any support for Blu-ray, even in Media Center. It's odd that a laptop that was delivered with a Blu-ray player didn't also come with playback software. In any event, there's no particular reason
    to think that an operating system should be Blu-ray capable.

JimWynne, Jan 28, 2019
Thema:

casting from toshiba laptop to blu-ray player

1. casting from toshiba laptop to blu-ray player - Similar Threads - casting toshiba laptop

2. Blu Ray player Does not play blu rays

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blu Ray player Does not play blu rays: Hi I am trying to figure out if this is a hardware or software issue. I have Pioneer BD-2212. It worked twice and now it the drive won't play blu rays or show anything in the drive. I can hear the drive working. Device manager lists that it is working properly. I have windows...
  3. Blu Ray player Does not play blu rays

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blu Ray player Does not play blu rays: Hi I am trying to figure out if this is a hardware or software issue. I have Pioneer BD-2212. It worked twice and now it the drive won't play blu rays or show anything in the drive. I can hear the drive working. Device manager lists that it is working properly. I have windows...
  4. Blu-ray disk player

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Blu-ray disk player: What is the purpose of connecting a Blu-ray disk player to the internet? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/blu-ray-disk-player/92b29721-7839-41b0-943a-d51020da0a02
  5. Windows 10 free upgrade kills Toshiba Blu-ray player

Windows 10 free upgrade kills Toshiba Blu-ray player: I'm looking for a fix for my Toshiba Blu-ray player (Matshita BD-CMB UJ172). It stopped working when I upgraded to Windows 10. It will start, but will not play Blu ray or DVD disc . I'm not able to locate a new driver or firmware for the player. Toshiba Satellite P70-A...
  6. Blu ray player not working

Blu ray player not working: Recently reset my laptop, I now cant play DVD's or Blu Ray discs on my computer, tried searching for drivers but with no success. Does anyone have a resolution for this????? TIA...
  7. Blu-ray player and windows media player

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Blu-ray player and windows media player: I recently bought a blu ray player with a usb connector so I could play videos through my laptop as well. The file types say they are all Windows Media Player, however when I load up the video Windows Media Player gives me an error that says the windows media player might not...
  8. How to Play Blu-ray on Windows 10 with U2USoft Blu-ray Player?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to Play Blu-ray on Windows 10 with U2USoft Blu-ray Player?: Microsoft just announced the newest version of Windows. It's called Windows 10. Yes, there's no Windows 9 — Microsoft has decided to skip a digit in search of the perfect name. More importantly, Windows 10 will be a single operating system that finally spans all of...
  9. My Blu Ray player not recognised

My Blu Ray player not recognised: My Blu Ray is connected to my laptop via HDMI but it is not shown anywhere as a device https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-blu-ray-player-not-recognised/0e284b55-a592-4602-8b5c-6409c1571c4b
  10. Access drive on blu-ray player

in Windows 10 Support
    Access drive on blu-ray player: Hi, We have a blu-ray player that's attached to our network, I can see it in Devices and Printers but can't access it in Windows Explorer. It has an external hard drive attached and it would be cool if I could access it from my computer. Think it's possible? 110323