Windows 10: Casting TV screen to Laptop via WIFI?

Discus and support Casting TV screen to Laptop via WIFI? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; We all know about Laptop/PC/Phone casting to TV via wifi with a smart tv and all of that jazz but is it possible do the the exact opposite on Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/vlaedhr, Dec 11, 2020.

1. Casting TV screen to Laptop via WIFI?

We all know about Laptop/PC/Phone casting to TV via wifi with a smart tv and all of that jazz but is it possible do the the exact opposite on Windows 10? I can't seem to be able to find anything about being able to do cast TV screen to a Laptop. If it is possible, would it work with something like a console game?

submitted by /u/vlaedhr
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/vlaedhr, Dec 11, 2020
  2. dzigner Win User

Cast or Duplicate laptop screen on TV

Hello
    I want to either duplicate or cast my laptop screen to my tv. I have acer spin 3 with windows 10 and Vizio smartTV.
    I have cast on google Chrome, so from there I am able to cast to the TV. I have the cast button(link on right click), in Opera, but it does not work. Opera cannot find any Cast destinations.
    On Windows side, if I search for wireless display from notifications/project area, it does not find my TV. If I click Connect in the notifications area, it does not find my TV.
    The TV is listed under Other devices in my devices and printers settings, but is always disconnected.
    I have attached images for this.
    Please help,
    Casting TV screen to Laptop via WIFI? [​IMG]

Casting TV screen to Laptop via WIFI? [​IMG]

Thanks

dzigner, Dec 11, 2020
  3. Junaid_A Win User
    Casting Photos to TV via Chromecast

Hi Donald,

Thank you for the reply.

Try the steps listed below to cast Desktop screen:

• Make sure the Chromecast is connected to the TV and both the devices are On.
    • Expand the Google Cast extension icon and select
      ‘Cast screen/window (experimental)’ option.
    • When prompted to cast entire screen,
      Accept and click on ‘Share’.
    • Open ‘Photos App’ to mirror photos on the PC.

You may search for an app that can cast your media to any
    Google Cast device on your favorite search engine, and install it from the Store.

Regards,

Junaid_A, Dec 11, 2020
  4. Casting TV screen to Laptop via WIFI?

casting laptop to hisense tv

Hi Jimmy,

In order to help you with your concern about casting your laptop to your TV, kindly answer the following questions first:

• We would like to make sure if your devices are supporting Miracast. Kindly post here the make and model of your TV and laptop.
    • Can you also inform us of the Version and Build of your Windows 10 laptop? To get these information, please follow these steps:

• Press Windows key + R.
    • Type Winver.
    • Press Enter.
    • A small window will appear, look for the Version and
      Build

(You may need to have your computer updated. To do this, please access this
    support link
    . This link contains information about the Windows update history as well.)

• What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far?

We look forward to your next post.

Regards.

Jesrael Bor, Dec 11, 2020
Thema:

Casting TV screen to Laptop via WIFI?

1. Casting TV screen to Laptop via WIFI? - Similar Threads - Casting screen Laptop

2. Cannot cast PC screen to TV Screen using Miracast or by adding the TV via bluetooth

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot cast PC screen to TV Screen using Miracast or by adding the TV via bluetooth: Good morning,My apologies if I don't understand questions asked of me as I am moderately computer savvy but not an expert.I am trying to project my computer screen to my TV screen wirelessly and I cannot seem to make it work no matter what I do I don't want to use an HDMI for...
  3. Cannot cast PC screen to TV Screen using Miracast or by adding the TV via bluetooth

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot cast PC screen to TV Screen using Miracast or by adding the TV via bluetooth: Good morning,My apologies if I don't understand questions asked of me as I am moderately computer savvy but not an expert.I am trying to project my computer screen to my TV screen wirelessly and I cannot seem to make it work no matter what I do I don't want to use an HDMI for...
  4. Unable to cast Laptop to TV

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to cast Laptop to TV: I was casting my Laptoplenovo to my Samsung TV for a long time. Today when I tried to add my device in the Bluetooth and Other device settings page my TV doesn't get listed.I use a high speed internet and both Laptop and TV use 5Ghz speed. Reinstalled/Upgraded all the...
  5. Unable to cast Laptop to TV

Unable to cast Laptop to TV: I was casting my Laptoplenovo to my Samsung TV for a long time. Today when I tried to add my device in the Bluetooth and Other device settings page my TV doesn't get listed.I use a high speed internet and both Laptop and TV use 5Ghz speed. Reinstalled/Upgraded all the...
  6. Unable to cast Laptop to TV

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. CASTING FROM LAPTOP TO TV

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    CASTING FROM LAPTOP TO TV: CASTING from laptop to TV begins well but pauses every 2 minutes. "Continue Watching"? appears on screen> unless I click YES, casting never resumes. Used to cast for hours until this week. CASTING...
  8. Casting Photos to TV via Chromecast

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Casting Photos to TV via Chromecast: I have been trying for a long time to figure out how to cast photos from Windows Pictures sub-folders to my TV using Chromecast. I am able to cast other things but not this. When I right-click a photo in a Pictures sub-folder and then click "Cast to Device" I get "Searching"...
  9. Cast computer screen on the TV

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cast computer screen on the TV: I want to play a game and watch Netflix at the same time so I’d like to find out how to cast my computer screen on the TV. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cast-computer-screen-on-the-tv/93ca4eb8-393b-46d4-a45b-6431f29e90ab
  10. Cast or Duplicate laptop screen on TV

Cast or Duplicate laptop screen on TV: Hello I want to either duplicate or cast my laptop screen to my tv. I have acer spin 3 with windows 10 and Vizio smartTV. I have cast on google Chrome, so from there I am able to cast to the TV. I have the cast button(link on right click), in Opera, but it does not work....